PDA

View Full Version : a feeler: local tuner/automotive enthusiast paper

reiRei
01-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Just a feeler here, I've been tossing around an idea in my head for a few weeks, and was wondering if there was any interest in a local automotive enthusiast section, or pull-out in the paper.. it would cover local shows, cars, and local shops.. I'm curious to see if anyone would be interested in something like this?

rmk
01-15-2008, 06:49 PM
is that not the "wheels" section of the herald every wednesday?

reiRei
01-15-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm thinking more along the lines of a magazine-type pull out

rmk
01-15-2008, 06:51 PM
that would cool. as long as it was broad and covered all sorts of machinery and was cool/hip. a tuner specific mag would fail.

A790
01-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by rmk
a tuner specific mag would fail.
Agreed. It might work in Toronto or Vancouver, but I doubt that it would really take off in Calgary.

dj_rice
01-15-2008, 07:28 PM
As long as its free

Eleanor
01-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by rmk
is that not the "wheels" section of the herald every wednesday?

The "good" section is the one on Fridays.

reiRei
01-16-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm thinking more along the line of an automotive enthusiast lifestyle section, not just concepts, and classic cars, but everything, from the latest news in the industry, to a variety of featured rides... I think there is a large enough market in Calgary for something like this... and I'm thinking something more local than the "Autonet" that the Calgary Sun puts out every friday, Autonet is basically copied and pasted from Toronto if I'm not mistaken..

icecreamvan
01-16-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't see why not if the cost of the paper doesn't increase, and it's substantially differentiated from the auto section. Are you thinking full colour glossy magazine style?