PDA

View Full Version : Nice restaraunts in calgary

bamboo403
01-15-2008, 07:57 PM
I was looking around on www.calgaryrestaurants.ca for a good place to take my wife for an anniversary. However from what I remember every time we go to a really nice place Im so pissed off when we leave because Im still hungry. I dont mind the expensive places but it seems to be if we go to a expensive restaraunt you get minimal food.

Anyone have any suggestions that dont include places like Cattle Baron / The Tower?

A790
01-15-2008, 08:15 PM
www.jacquelinesuzannes.ca - have a look at the menu :)

Cooked Rice
01-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Fiore Cantina Italiana on 17th is an awesome place for pasta. Very good prices! and I really like the atmosphere/setting inside. You can also upsize your pasta dish if you have a bigger appetite. :thumbsup: www.fiore.ca

HyperZell
01-15-2008, 09:42 PM
http://www.muserestaurant.ca/

grock698
01-15-2008, 10:17 PM
wellingtons in the south bonaventure drive.
http://www.calgarysun.com/cgi-bin/publish.cgi?p=96969&x=articles&s=dine

DanDB64
01-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Swiss Chalet :thumbsup:

max_boost
01-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
Fiore Cantina Italiana on 17th is an awesome place for pasta. Very good prices! and I really like the atmosphere/setting inside. You can also upsize your pasta dish if you have a bigger appetite. :thumbsup: www.fiore.ca

Originally posted by DanDB64

He's looking for a higher end restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. Fiore and Swiss Chalet? WTF? Those are generic restaurants you can go to anytime.

Anyway, I always enjoy Caesar's Steakhouse.

That.Guy.S30
01-15-2008, 11:16 PM
i loved capo. food was beautiful. service was amazing and the attention to detail was astonishing.

liquidboi69
01-15-2008, 11:21 PM
The Bears Den. Chicago Chophouse. That Italian Restaurant in Kensington.

me&you
01-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69
The Bears Den. Chicago Chophouse. That Italian Restaurant in Kensington.

BEARS DEN!!!

And while Capo is excellent, I think it's the kind of place the OP was looking to avoid.

SikAssR1
01-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice

He mind as well take her to Boston Pizza. Then find a lawyer after she dumps him for being a cheapo.

B17a
01-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
i loved capo. food was beautiful. service was amazing and the attention to detail was astonishing.

:werd: If you want to spend less than $250 though, check out my review in here about Il Pescatore.

Hash_man
01-16-2008, 09:21 AM
eight, Tiatro.... those are a few that I know are awesome... expensive though.

bamboo403
01-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by DanDB64

lol sounds reasonable but actually i was thinking more along the lines of pho...

bamboo403
01-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man
eight, Tiatro.... those are a few that I know are awesome... expensive though.

Actually I was thinking of Teatro sounds good but like I said I want to eat more than a fancy piece of meat the size of a toonie, 1 carrot, and some dandilion leaves. Im actually a pretty small guy but I can eat lol.

JordanAndrew
01-16-2008, 10:45 AM
The highwood at SAIT offers a 4-5 course meal I believe. The price is very reasonable, the last time I check it was about $40 +GST and tip per person.

It's definitely one of the nice places you can take your wife. The place is managed by Hotel and Restaurant teachers at SAIT and students are actually the ones that are serving you. They are obviously not there for the money, they are more concerned about getting a better grade point average. They are graded based on how they serve the guest. This in my opinion leads to excellent service most if not all the time.

You should give it a shot. I know I'm taking my gf for our anniversary next week. Oh it's only open for bookings only so make a reservation right away as they tend to book fairly quick.

I did the program myself so I know how the place runs and I'm proud to advertise it they way I just did. :thumbsup:

A790
01-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
The highwood at SAIT offers a 4-5 course meal I believe. The price is very reasonable, the last time I check it was about $40 +GST and tip per person.

It's definitely one of the nice places you can take your wife. The place is managed by Hotel and Restaurant teachers at SAIT and students are actually the ones that are serving you. They are obviously not there for the money, they are more concerned about getting a better grade point average. They are graded based on how they serve the guest. This in my opinion leads to excellent service most if not all the time.

You should give it a shot. I know I'm taking my gf for our anniversary next week. Oh it's only open for bookings only so make a reservation right away as they tend to book fairly quick.

I did the program myself so I know how the place runs and I'm proud to advertise it they way I just did. :thumbsup:
QFT x 1,000

Excellent place to dine.

irs
01-16-2008, 11:18 AM
You should go and try Bolaro.

It is right above open seasame and beside smugglers.
By Chinook Mall.

It is really good food and it is all you can eat. If anyone else have been there they can probable vouch for it.
Great service and great food.

It is $35 for the all you can eat part or you can get two dishes for $25.

They have like 12 to 15 dishes that they bring to your table and serve you. They also have a cold and hot buffet to go up to. Those always change.

Check it out. You have to make reservations in advance. Friday's, Saturday's Book up really fast. sometimes weeks in advance.

ekguy
01-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Buon Giorno on 17th ave best italian I've had so far in Calgary they do a pasta feast for 2 you get to pick 3 pastas from the menu. portions are quite big. good wine selection and there is a nice table for 2 by a fireplace you could call ahead and reserve that table.

also morocan castle, smaller portions but romantic atmosphere. not too expensive either so with apetizers and main course and desert you should be full. different though so look up moroccan food before trying it if you decide but the restaurant is absolutely perfect for a date or anniversary as they even have private dinning tables where you are basicly sitting on a couch with a low table and there are blinds to mostly block you off from the restaurant. moroccan castle is near kensington it's not hard to find.

GiNo_StyLeZz
01-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Try The Orchid Room in bankers hall!!!!!
Great food anGreat service and as wierd as it sounds very reasonably priced!

in*10*se
01-16-2008, 07:07 PM
all are pricey but good food.

teatro's - stephen ave
the catch - stephen ave
murriettas - stephen ave
rouge - inglewood
la dolce vita - bridgeland
redwater - by heritage/mcleod
orchid room - bankers
towa - mission
Caesars - 4ave downtown
belgo - stephen ave
seven - stephen ave
highwood - sait
the ranche - fishcreek park end of bow bottom trail.

HyperZell
01-17-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm surprised that no one but myself said anything about Muse, in Kensington.

drtoohotty1
01-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by irs
You should go and try Bolaro.

It is right above open seasame and beside smugglers.
By Chinook Mall.

It is really good food and it is all you can eat. If anyone else have been there they can probable vouch for it.
Great service and great food.

It is $35 for the all you can eat part or you can get two dishes for $25.

They have like 12 to 15 dishes that they bring to your table and serve you. They also have a cold and hot buffet to go up to. Those always change.

Check it out. You have to make reservations in advance. Friday's, Saturday's Book up really fast. sometimes weeks in advance.

+1 went there for new years eve and made sure to eat as little during the day and when i left there i felt like i was gonna explode awsome food great atmosphere :thumbsup:

dino_martini
01-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

You have to book like 8 months in advance for that place.

dragonone
01-21-2008, 12:14 AM
i just went to redwater this evening
luved the pork chop dish
bison was carpaccio wasn't my cup of tea tho
would go back again:thumbsup:

ricefarmer
01-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by GiNo_StyLeZz
Try The Orchid Room in bankers hall!!!!!
Great food anGreat service and as wierd as it sounds very reasonably priced!

:rofl:
Yes! take her to eat in the mall.

"Honey just because you can see the food court doesn't mean we're in it..."

jay838
01-21-2008, 12:34 AM
How about carver steak house??? I went there and it was nice... For $50 u will be more then full...

91_Integz
01-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell
I'm surprised that no one but myself said anything about Muse, in Kensington.

I agree - the Muse is unbelievable....I can honestly say I probably had the best meal of my life there

STi403
01-21-2008, 04:25 PM
If Your Lookin For A High Class Place This Is A Good Place Too Start. Very Classy And Prices Are Average.

http://www.tangerinesupperclub.com/

Genjuro
01-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by 91_Integz

I agree - the Muse is unbelievable....I can honestly say I probably had the best meal of my life there

where is it located? what kind of food?

never mind found it.

http://www.muserestaurant.ca/

asp integra
01-23-2008, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

He's looking for a higher end restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. Fiore and Swiss Chalet? WTF? Those are generic restaurants you can go to anytime.

Anyway, I always enjoy Caesar's Steakhouse.

+1, caesars is probably one of my favorite places to eat in town and im always full when i leave, another great place to check out is Muse in kensington, great food and atmosphere, its a little pricey but food is amazing

Canadian Si
01-23-2008, 02:00 AM
I vote for Bears Den ! + I work there:thumbsup: We have some great steaks & seafood !

Sorath
01-23-2008, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by dragonone
i just went to redwater this evening
luved the pork chop dish
bison was carpaccio wasn't my cup of tea tho
would go back again:thumbsup:

dudddddde i know, ive only been there once and i ordered the pork chop, it was sooooooooooooooooooooo goood