PDA

View Full Version : license plate question

bksze
07-25-2003, 05:11 PM
I know this is a long shot . . . but just wondering if anyone out there had the license plate beginning with the letters SZE-###

pm me as I'd like to buy it off of you, assuming I like the number combo at the end too

and for those that know, is it just a straight transfer of plates once I buy the plate from someone?

The reason I need to buy it is because the city won't give me SZE828 because there is already a plate like that without the hyphen, so i figured i'd try to buy the plate that the govt gave out . . .

TIA

xkon
07-25-2003, 05:27 PM
is that even possible? I didnt think you could transfer plates... just cars!

kaput
07-25-2003, 05:38 PM

monkeyja
07-25-2003, 05:52 PM
You cant buy the plate from anyone since the plate will follow the owner forever even though the owner doesnt use it anymore.

There is an expception and this is my case. I bought a car with my sister and all the name on the car is her name because of insurance and the plate is unique. But now, I changed everything back to my name , also the plate. I just paid about $21 to transfer to me since we are brother and sister. But pretty sure cant buy the plate from someone.

Abom
07-25-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by monkeyja
You cant buy the plate from anyone since the plate will follow the owner forever even though the owner doesnt use it anymore.

However, the owner of the "SZE" plate could un-register it, therefore allowing him to register the plate he wants, because they won't be able to say "there is already a plate like that without the hyphen" anymore.

monkeyja
07-25-2003, 07:41 PM
Yeah ..... that is a choice to do too..... I forgot about this