PDA

View Full Version : Court Process and getting a plea deal.

Paulk_04
01-16-2008, 07:49 PM
I mailed my speeding tickets to the court, I pleaded not guilty. The trial date still needs to be set, could someone please explain to me the court process and how I get a plea deal with the Crown Prosecutor? Also how do I get the evidence they have against me, aka the disclosure?

shaggin
01-16-2008, 08:00 PM
You need to go to the new courthouse downtown, I think the exact address is 5th street and 7 th ave SW. I would first ask for disclosure, to obtain this you need to fill out some paper work and once the notes and what ever evidence the crown has becomes avaialable someone will call you to come pick it up. I would suggest reviewing this stuff before going and seeing the crown.

I am not sure what floor you go to get disclosure from but just ask the information desk.

To see the crown prosecutor you need to be at the court house early usually between 8-11 am, the earlier the better. Ask the the ladies at the justice of the peace desk that you want to see the crown and they will tell you take a seat until your name is called.