PDA

View Full Version : ATB Financial

xtrader101
01-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Hows it's like working with ATB financial as a loans clerk? Starting pay or anything like working environment, training, career advancement.

Thanks.

adam c
01-16-2008, 10:43 PM
did u apply in retail or the bsc?

I used to be a Sr. Loan Service Clerk in the BSC. depending on where u applied i can tell you more

xtrader101
01-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Well, it is a coop for 8 to 12 months term. I do not know where it is exactly. I think it is BSC. I do not really know where or what BSC is.

adam c
01-16-2008, 11:08 PM
did you have an interview yet?

BSC - Business Service Centre
Both retail and the bsc are located at the Deerfoot Atria location in the NE, retail -2nd floor bsc -3rd floor

honestly the pay is shit but the benefits are pretty good..
if you work in the bsc you will have steph, bev and shelley for bosses.. steph is great but bev and especially shelley are bitches

xtrader101
01-16-2008, 11:15 PM
I haven't even applied yet.

I am just gathering information of what companies I should apply for a co-op job.

Don't they have a location in the downtown area?

Anyway, thanks for the info. I may pass on this company for now.

Redlyne_mr2
01-16-2008, 11:59 PM
I don't think they pay very well because the people Ive dealt with in that organization have no idea what they're doing, including one of their branch managers. scary

Skyline_Addict
01-17-2008, 01:50 AM
As a Co-op student, I wouldn't be super picky about jobs. Apply for jobs which career paths' attribute to your goals. It's much more about experience than money in the Co-op program. It doesn't hurt to apply for more jobs and get more interviews as you can learn alot about a company from your interviews and be able to make an informed decision on who you want to work for from there. Keep in mind that being in the Co-op program doesn't guarantee you'll get an interview for every job you apply for (so don't just apply for one) and it certainly doesn't guarantee you a job.