PDA

View Full Version : licence plate spray?

Razor
07-25-2003, 09:20 PM
I've heard of a certain licences plate spray that can protect you from the evil multinova (photo radar)

damn, i need some!
i got a ticket for being 12 over!

who knows where i can get it?

sxtasy
07-25-2003, 11:45 PM
i saw this stuff at mr. detail a couple of years ago, im sure every place has it now. I dont know how this stuff works (dont have any experience with it) but im sure some huge arguement will start with this thread (just a feelin)

Fluidic
07-26-2003, 01:16 AM
Buy some Bug & Tar remover... that shit works like a charm. No lie... give it a try. Can't go wrong for $3.98CDN on sale at CT.

Peter

Ben
07-26-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
Buy some Bug & Tar remover... that shit works like a charm. No lie... give it a try. Can't go wrong for $3.98CDN on sale at CT.

Peter

cept you'll never find it because there are fewer available employees at Canadian Tire than McDonalds Restaurants Antarctica. I hate that store. You'll have more luck trying to find a 3 legged Nascar racing ballerina then you will finding someone to help you in that building of wretchedness.

The tail light spray is not very effective.

nismodrifter
07-26-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Ben

cept you'll never find it because there are fewer available employees at Canadian Tire than McDonalds Restaurants Antarctica. I hate that store. You'll have more luck trying to find a 3 legged Nascar racing ballerina then you will finding someone to help you in that building of wretchedness.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: so true

Fluidic
07-26-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Ben

The tail light spray is not very effective.

LOL -- hey man... it worked out in the end -- I now have a kick-ass, "non-Canadian-Tire" BBQ!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Ben
07-26-2003, 01:32 AM
If I remember correctly, Spy City used to sell the stuff!

They are on 17th ave just a block w of McLeod Tr.

dam_guy
07-26-2003, 01:40 AM
yeah, got a ticket for 13 over on deerfoot.
i would like some more info on where to get this stuff as well:confused:

V6-BoI
07-27-2003, 12:33 PM

Peter

oh for real?
heh I should jsut spray some of that stuff on my plate then.

Abom
07-27-2003, 04:03 PM
Remember it will only work at night time. And since it's still light in Calgary even at 11pm, you still gotta be careful.

Wildcat
07-27-2003, 04:36 PM
cooking spray, pick up a bottle of PAM.. :rofl: lol, im serious it works! :D

BigMass
07-27-2003, 10:52 PM

Peter

hehe wouldnt that remove the date stickers on your plate?

Paul
07-28-2003, 10:14 AM
i heard hairspray works the same, just get the shit that says "leaves hair looking healthy and shiney"

Fluidic
07-28-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

hehe wouldnt that remove the date stickers on your plate?

Nope... no problems at all. Just makes it look really glossy. :D

Peter

Ben
07-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Not sure why you guys wanna lube up your plates so badly.

Photoradar sticks out like a sore thumb, just dont speed, and if you do, dont speed by that obvious looking tinted out van or truck on the side of the road.

B17a
07-28-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Photoradar sticks out like a sore thumb, just dont speed, and if you do, dont speed by that obvious looking tinted out van or truck on the side of the road.

So what you're subtly hinting at is, instead of a spray, this guy should get glasses??:rofl: :rofl:

BigMass
07-28-2003, 12:42 PM
at night, when you cant see all that well to begin with, you're on 16th ave and the multi is parket on the far side between 10 other cars which you can't see all that well. That's when you need the protection.

Ben
07-28-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
at night, when you cant see all that well to begin with, you're on 16th ave and the multi is parket on the far side between 10 other cars which you can't see all that well. That's when you need the protection.

Dont speed on 16th man, thas a cop haven! :rofl:

I only speed on Deerfoot and out in the mountains.

BigMass
07-28-2003, 01:05 PM
yep i try not to speed on 16th..... But heck! a lot of places on 16th are 50km/h. If i blow on my gas pedal i go faster than that without even noticing or intending to speed.

redTalon
07-28-2003, 01:10 PM
it's my understanding that if the cops catch you with that stuff on your plate you are in big trouble. Don't quote me on that of course, I am just passing on third party information.
On a side note, if you get a photo radar ticket, it is also my understanding that any ticket 15 over or 10%, I can't remember which, or less will be thrown out of court if you fight it because it ties up too much court time (due to the whole flow of traffic defense)

Fluidic
07-28-2003, 02:29 PM
"Hi there son... I noticed you were speeding...."

"Ummm... I don't think so officer... just following traffic..."

"License, registration and insurance information please..."

"Here you go..."

** CPS Officer walks back to cruiser **

** 15 minutes passes **

** CPS officer walks to my car -- on the way to my window he notices my license plate is clean and shiny**

"Excuse me son, is your plate shiny?"

"What do you mean officer -- I just washed my car a few hours ago!"

"No, it looks shiny clean... too clean if you ask me."

"Yah ok... whatever, can I go now...?"

"Well since I can't prove your license plate is shiny... gonna have to let you go..."

"Yah... thanks guy... next time I'll make sure I don't wash my tailgate".

LOL -- and that's my story. :D

Peter

roopi
07-29-2003, 09:45 AM
i heard clear coat works as well. that way you don't have to keep applying it after you wash your car. :dunno:

jdmakkord
07-29-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Dont speed on 16th man, thas a cop haven! :rofl:

I only speed on Deerfoot and out in the mountains.

And where else Ben?:D

Ben
07-29-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

And where else Ben?:D

oh, sorry, and 1 single time on McKnight, but I cannot stress this enough, the importance of NOT speeding on McKnight. :thumbsup:

jennyanniemary
07-29-2003, 06:15 PM
-put the plate behind the glass in the car, say it fell off
-spray the play with flat black spray paint
-go off-roading dont wash the car
-winter time freeze a sheet of ice onto it

3G
07-29-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by jennyanniemary
[B-go off-roading dont wash the car[/B]

so buddy here has an Mx3 (ill assume it's the 4banger 88hp one) no offense to him, HOW can he go offroading in that thing?? :dunno:

Razor
07-31-2003, 10:03 PM
MX-3 : 88hp? give it a little more credit then that,
4 bangers come stock with 105hp-128hp

mines got about 150hp with the intake and exhaust on it,
it not as much as other cars but its a lot more then 88hp

ryder_23
07-31-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Razor

You dyno it?

lammer
07-31-2003, 11:32 PM

-winter time freeze a sheet of ice onto it

why would you want to speed in winter time anyways?

jennyanniemary
07-31-2003, 11:43 PM
why do u want to speed when its nice out?
why dont u tell me

Originally posted by lammer

why would you want to speed in winter time anyways?

lammer
07-31-2003, 11:50 PM
why do u want to speed when its nice out?
why dont u tell me

why not

3G
07-31-2003, 11:50 PM

yours must be the v6 version which comes with 130 stock??

Razor
08-01-2003, 01:46 PM

:nut: oops :nut: I realized i made a typo 150hp is suppose to be 105hp :rolleyes: i guess thats what happens when you type with two fingers

:confused: terribly sorry people, my bad :confused:

StrokeD z
08-02-2003, 03:46 PM
laquar works also

and if they find out it is laquar say i painted my car and maybe some over spray got on it "WINK WINK "

SmelltheRubber
08-05-2003, 01:17 PM
This brings up an interesting point. Anyone know for sure whether photo-radar works like regular radar (where it picks up your speed while you are still far away from it and then it snaps your picture when you pass it) or whether you actually have to pass the undercover car while speeding in order to set off the picture? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

3G
08-05-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by SmelltheRubber
This brings up an interesting point. Anyone know for sure whether photo-radar works like regular radar (where it picks up your speed while you are still far away from it and then it snaps your picture when you pass it) or whether you actually have to pass the undercover car while speeding in order to set off the picture? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

nope, when you drive by it, it measures your speed, and if you're going faster then the limit, it snaps a pic

3G
08-07-2003, 08:55 PM
Flash Photo Deflector Fluid
The best way to defeat photo radar! Sold worldwide, this special spray causes flash photographs of your license plate to be overexposed and unreadable. If you can’t read the plate, you can’t mail out a ticket!

2 oz. bottle $16.95
4 oz. bottle $29.95
8 oz. bottle $39.95

Proven 100% effective! Dealer inquiries welcome.

you can pick it up @ Spy City