PDA

View Full Version : rx-8

diesel_boy
07-25-2003, 11:21 PM
i got to ride in an rx-8 today the car is unreal man my cuzin got it he got the top of the line wolverine model i was with him and we never even got to take it to the 6th gear lol we only got it to 4th and we where going 160km at 5 thousend rpm and it revs up to 9 thousend the color of the car is black id any one noticed it out on the road...:clap: :clap:

Miss_Celica
07-25-2003, 11:34 PM
they have them in calgary now? last time I checked it was only in Vancouver kool

Joe Malms
07-25-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by diesel_boy
he got the top of the line wolverine model

:rofl:

diesel_boy
07-26-2003, 12:00 AM
whats so funny about that thats what they called it

Stratus_Power
07-26-2003, 01:57 AM
no such thing man!!
there are only two models!
GS (base) and GT ( w/ heated leather, HID)

first time i heard Wolverine model
:P

CKY
07-26-2003, 04:49 AM
hey man wat did the engine sound like when u were ripin it at 4th? i heard the new rotary sounds crazy

markeese180sx
07-26-2003, 06:05 AM
lol too much x men diesel...now cars will start growing metal claws and healing themselves :smile:

mad_psyentist
07-26-2003, 09:36 AM
i got to ride in an rx-8 today the car is unreal man my cuzin got it he got the top of the line wolverine model i was with him and we never even got to take it to the 6th gear lol we only got it to 4th and we where going 160km at 5 thousend rpm and it revs up to 9 thousend the color of the car is black id any one noticed it out on the road...:clap: :clap:

Oh hey, was that you zipping up Mac Trail yesterday then? Your cousin nearly shoved that car up my rearend, man! heh heh.

I heard the RX-7 shop owner special-ordered the top-of-the-line model (He's gonna have to change his shop name now lol) Beautiful thing, tho. Is that that Wolverine thing? I don't keep up on the new cars until I see 'em out en mass.

Seanith
07-26-2003, 04:16 PM
Why would it be called the "Wolverine" model? We all know it was Cyclops' car in the movie :rolleyes:
:thumbsup:

RiCE-DaDDy
07-26-2003, 04:29 PM
damn i want a xmen 2 model!!! without the music tho...

MK3HKS
07-26-2003, 04:46 PM
:barf:
i hate how the rear side door opens, stupid saturn idea!!

Kamen
07-26-2003, 05:24 PM
That's awesome man! Wish I could drive one...or at least ride in one...
They have them here in Victoria too.

diesel_boy
07-26-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by The_Nissan_Guy
:barf:
i hate how the rear side door opens, stupid saturn idea!!

man that looks sweet when it opens man they call that suicde doors and i dont know why they call it the wolverine model but in the catilog he got with it it says the wolverine model and with the wolverine model comes with the full body kit and the car sounds unreal man he promised me that he will let me drive it next time becasue he was kind of in a hurry when he took me for a ride.

Seanith
07-26-2003, 10:52 PM
i guess the rear suicide doors only open if the front door is open.

diesel_boy
07-26-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
i guess the rear suicide doors only open if the front door is open.

lol no u have to open the back doors to open the front doors:rofl: :rofl:

Seanith
07-26-2003, 11:03 PM
as opposed to them being able to be opened on their own :rolleyes:

MK3HKS
07-27-2003, 01:02 AM
u should of took some pics man:(

diesel_boy
07-27-2003, 09:20 PM
u should of took some pics man:(

i dont have a digital but i know people with digitals and if they have it when im riding it then ill post some up

tommy1223
07-27-2003, 09:24 PM
I GOT TO SIT IN ONE, IT WAS THE NICEST SPORTS CAR I HAVE EVER SAT IN, WELL THE MOST COMFORTABLE ONE ANYWAYS. THE BACK SEATS FEEL EXCALLY THE SAME AS THE ONES IN THE FRONT SO MUCH HEAD ROOM AND SO COMFORTABLE. I USE TO THINK IT WAS KINDA GAY CUZ IT'S GOT THE 4 DOORS U KNWO BUT AFTER SITTING IN IT...IT WAS AMAZING!!

diesel_boy
07-27-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by tommy1223
I GOT TO SIT IN ONE, IT WAS THE NICEST SPORTS CAR I HAVE EVER SAT IN, WELL THE MOST COMFORTABLE ONE ANYWAYS. THE BACK SEATS FEEL EXCALLY THE SAME AS THE ONES IN THE FRONT SO MUCH HEAD ROOM AND SO COMFORTABLE. I USE TO THINK IT WAS KINDA GAY CUZ IT'S GOT THE 4 DOORS U KNWO BUT AFTER SITTING IN IT...IT WAS AMAZING!!

umm whos rx-8 was it and yes it has a lot of room in it

elusiv
07-27-2003, 11:24 PM

man that looks sweet when it opens man they call that suicde doors and i dont know why they call it the wolverine model but in the catilog he got with it it says the wolverine model and with the wolverine model comes with the full body kit and the car sounds unreal man he promised me that he will let me drive it next time becasue he was kind of in a hurry when he took me for a ride.

i think you are mistaken. im on rx8forum.com frequently, and there's only one car with that kit thats on the streets. that car is only in japan. if there was a 'wolverine model' rx8 in calgary, everyone on that forum would start up a ruckus. i could be wrong, but like i said... i think you're mistaken. you probably saw an rx8 with a full OEM aero kit on.

i'd be more than happy to be proven wrong, so take some pics when u can please.

diesel_boy
07-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by elusiv

i think you are mistaken. im on rx8forum.com frequently, and there's only one car with that kit thats on the streets. that car is only in japan. if there was a 'wolverine model' rx8 in calgary, everyone on that forum would start up a ruckus. i could be wrong, but like i said... i think you're mistaken. you probably saw an rx8 with a full OEM aero kit on.

i'd be more than happy to be proven wrong, so take some pics when u can please.

im not mistakin im like 100% sure and he has been driving it around alot latly and i think u guys will see it but till u see it u can think of me as a lier lol and when i have a chance i will take pics...

Stratus_Power
07-28-2003, 11:57 AM

im not mistakin im like 100% sure and he has been driving it around alot latly and i think u guys will see it but till u see it u can think of me as a lier lol and when i have a chance i will take pics...

yeh i'm curious too, please confirm w/ some pics hahah

if they DO have a wolf- version.. shouldn't it be at least dark blue like in the movie..

but yeh its probably just w/ an aero kit.. does it have that big ass \_____/ spoiler?

diesel_boy
07-28-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power

yeh i'm curious too, please confirm w/ some pics hahah

if they DO have a wolf- version.. shouldn't it be at least dark blue like in the movie..

but yeh its probably just w/ an aero kit.. does it have that big ass \_____/ spoiler?

no it doesnt have a spoiler and the color is midnight black

diesel_boy
07-28-2003, 12:26 PM
looks exactly like this but in the color black and no spoiler
http://gallery.themspros.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=rx8&id=dtp_xmen_03

MK3HKS
07-28-2003, 02:41 PM
:D

Kamen
07-28-2003, 03:19 PM
Shouldn't it be called the Cyclops version? Since it is his car...and Wolvy just drives it...

Stratus_Power
07-28-2003, 04:18 PM
im 95% positive there is no such thing .. so its all good haha

MK3HKS
07-28-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
im 95% positive there is no such thing .. so its all good haha

and iam 5% sure there is
:guns: :rofl:

Seanith
07-28-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Kamen
Shouldn't it be called the Cyclops version? Since it is his car...and Wolvy just drives it...

yeah dude thats what i said :thumbsup:

diesel_boy
07-28-2003, 06:58 PM
i asked him about it he said the kit is called something like that but the ar is called the x men version or something like that so i might be wrong lol or i just heard him wrong but whe the catilog came it saID WOLVRINE MODEL i wish i still had the catilog to show u guys

MK3HKS
07-28-2003, 10:06 PM
i asked him about it he said the kit is called something like that but the ar is called the x men version or something like that so i might be wrong lol or i just heard him wrong but whe the catilog came it saID WOLVRINE MODEL i wish i still had the catilog to show u guys

come on man , just get like a disposable camera, i wanna see

Boostn
07-28-2003, 10:54 PM
What's the fuel cut on these? I know that rotaries are notorious for their high revving capabilities. Since this car doesn't have FI, is it much less thirsty than the FD RX7? Have the apex seals been improved? So many questions but I plan to book a test drive soon!

mad_psyentist
07-29-2003, 08:13 AM

come on man , just get like a disposable camera, i wanna see

:werd: Christ man, I'll GIVE you one! Just get us pictures!