PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with www.canadianautofinder.ca?

4wheeldrift
01-17-2008, 07:22 PM
So I've got my Subaru in the Auto Trader (it's also posted here and a few other places), and I get a call today from someone at this website saying they had people looking for a car like mine. They didn't ask for anything really sketchy like the VIN or anything like that, but at the same time the promise of being able to sell it for the full asking price and that most cars on there sell within a couple weeks and everything else and it all sounds a little too good to be true. Anyone got any experience with this particular group or one like them? I'd be lying if it wasn't tempting, but at the same time I could do a lot with the $160 fee they charge as well.

Weapon_R
01-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Complete scam. There is nothing like the autotrader for selling vehicles. Ask them to deduct 160 from the cost of the purchase price once they cut you your check, and listen to the bullshit the guy spits out.

Then you'll know its a scam.

mac_82
01-17-2008, 07:28 PM
scam :thumbsdow

4wheeldrift
01-17-2008, 07:28 PM
That was more or less my thinking.

captain134
01-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah.... I know people who have worked for this company.

Your $160 is refundable after 3 months of no sale but they just go on the hope that you will not bother to get it back. The statement that most of there cars move within a couple weeks is false.

However they do offer financing through there web site at a very low rate which can be bennificial to making a sale.

Other than them lying about how fast your car will move it is not a scam and they do actually do what your paying them to do.

Its more of a scam for Auto Trader because honestly there is a group of people sitting in an office flipping through an auto trader and calling the people that way. That is how the get 100% of there customers.

JAYMEZ
01-18-2008, 01:14 AM
SCAM and please do a Search!