PDA

View Full Version : 2009 GTR Spec V

katana9x4
01-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Found this on GTRC, just copy pasted original thread.

"Some pictures and info were released abut the 2009 JDM GTR Spec V (not V-Spec). I'm not sure if it is official, but perhaps Nissan purposly leaking info to build interest. Lots of carbon, and 100kg lighter.

VR38DETT twin turbo
520ps at 6500rpm
about $120,000 CAD

You can't really see from my fuzzy pic, but it has:

front Nismo style air ducts
carbon lip
carbon side skirts
carbon rear lip
carbon hood
carbon doors (!)
updated wheels, 2 options (one looks like TE37 with black lip and centre cap, silver spokes)
rear center roll/safety bar (comes down from the roof, along the inside of the back window and between the passengers)
roof mounted antenna (radio, GPS?)
rear brake ducts"

http://www.jdmspeedshop.com/uploader/files/1/Image1041.jpg

Original thread

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=280488

Sounds pretty promising, I would have liked more of a weight reduction though as the GTR is a bit of pig.

However it looks absolutely amazing with all the carbon and air ducts on the bumper.

Time will tell if NA will be getting the Spec V, I sure hope we do.

Kavy
01-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Wow that front fascia is biting a evo for the shark grill.

The car looks sexy.

phrozen
01-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Looks amazing, I love the carbon fibre all around,

Are there new GTR's or new Skylines for that matter
in NA yet?

Originally posted by Kavy
front fascia

Why can't some people just call it the front end????

katana9x4
01-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by phrozen
Looks amazing, I love the carbon fibre all around,

Are there new GTR's or new Skylines for that matter
in NA yet?

Why can't some people just call it the front end????

No they aren't in NA yet, I wouldn't expect them until late spring/early summer at the earliest.

I wonder how much time the Spec V will knock off around the 'ring?

Canmorite
01-24-2008, 06:36 PM
I still wish it weighed less. Sub 1500 would be wicked.

wheelmanz24
01-24-2008, 06:41 PM
wow thats amazing

tr4cti0n
01-25-2008, 01:52 AM
thats one sexy looking beast

89coupe
01-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Orrrr, you could get the new Corvette ZR1 with more HP, bigger brakes, and well...just plain better for less money.:thumbsup:

01RedDX
01-29-2008, 04:25 PM

A790
01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Orrrr, you could get the new Corvette ZR1 with more HP, bigger brakes, and well...just plain better for less money.:thumbsup:
LOL There has to be one in every thread :)

rage2
01-29-2008, 04:27 PM
And so it begins, the 80 "special" editions of the GTR haha.

b_t
01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Yikes looks like Nissan took a page from Honda's book and is now offering pre-riced cars from the factory

katana9x4
01-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Jesus there is some retarded people on this forum

katana9x4
01-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Orrrr, you could get the new Corvette ZR1 with more HP, bigger brakes, still probably lose to the Spec V around the 'ring, just like the z06 lost to the standard GTR :thumbsup:

Fixed that for ya

katana9x4
01-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by b_t
Yikes looks like Nissan took a page from Honda's book and is now offering pre-riced cars from the factory

I guess you're right if your definition of "rice" is reducing weight, upping HP and adding lots of sweet carbon?

:dunno:

b_t
01-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by katana9x4

I guess you're right if your definition of "rice" is reducing weight, upping HP and adding lots of sweet carbon?

:dunno:

my definition of rice is absolutely horrible styling additions, which this car has in spades. And it will still be slower than the ZR1... and will probably cost more money too.

Jesus there is some retarded people on this forum

You're right man, there is

katana9x4
01-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by b_t

my definition of rice is absolutely horrible styling additions, which this car has in spades. And it will still be slower than the ZR1... and will probably cost more money too.

You're right man, there is

aww thats nice

anyways... like I said before, or should I say like 89coupe said - this car will most likely outperform the zr-1, just like the standard gtr outperformed the z06

it's ok though, I know logic isn't your strong point

:D

b_t
01-29-2008, 11:53 PM

aww thats nice

anyways... like I said before, or should I say like 89coupe said - this car will most likely outperform the zr-1, just like the standard gtr outperformed the z06

You fucking fanboy

Darkane
01-30-2008, 12:49 AM

aww thats nice

Better hope your car brings A LOT to the table.

Zr1 expected to run 7:30's AT THE WORST, possible 7:20's.

http://www.motortrend.com/av/autoshow/detroit/112_0801_2009_chevrolet_corvette_zr1_video/

The Zr1 will have much more stopping capability, less drag, and more power. The GTR may only have better drag, slightly more power and the same stopping.. It's gonna be real close.

rage2
01-30-2008, 08:17 AM
aww thats nice

Originally posted by b_t
You fucking fanboy
Hey man don't hate. It's a GT-R. You know what those 3 letters mean? GT-R? The history and shit? It's gonna be faster than a F1 car! It's a Spec V!! If it doesn't outrun a F1 car, it'll be close, and the V-Spec will definately beat it!

misterrick
01-30-2008, 08:27 AM
corvette=2wd=:thumbsdow

blownz
01-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by misterrick
corvette=2wd=:thumbsdow

I suppose you think the Enzo and other Ferrari's not to mention most supercars are no good too? :rolleyes:

Toms-SC
01-30-2008, 09:46 AM
The bandwagon effect, also known as social proof and closely related to opportunism, is the observation that people often do (or believe) things because many other people do (or believe) the same. The effect is often pejoratively referred to as herding instinct, particularly as applied to adolescents. Without examining the merits of the particular thing, people tend to “follow the crowd”. The bandwagon effect is the reason for the bandwagon fallacy's success.

Example: GT-R

Canmorite
01-30-2008, 09:50 AM
I'd love to see a ZR1 Vs. GT-R Spec V race on the 'Ring or another track. The ZR1 will probably walk away from it on the straights, but the results would still be interesting.

89coupe
01-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite
I'd love to see a ZR1 Vs. GT-R Spec V race on the 'Ring or another track. The ZR1 will probably walk away from it on the straights, but the results would still be interesting.

Hmmm lets see.

The ZR1 has a 100 more HP, weighs less, bigger brakes & a larger foot print (more contact with the road).

I wonder.:confused:

962 kid
01-30-2008, 10:39 AM

aww thats nice

You do know that the Z06's 7:42 was done on run flats, and the GTR's 7:38 was done on cut slicks... right? I know you've never really been that up to date when it comes to high performance cars (DOT5 in race cars :rolleyes: ), but if you honestly think the spec V will outperform the ZR1, you're on crack. I suppose you also think the GT-R would destroy a GT2 as well.

Hmmm lets see.

The ZR1 has a 100 more HP, weighs less, bigger brakes & a larger foot print (more contact with the road).

I wonder.:confused:

Yeah, but the corvette has leaf springs and RWD! The GT-R has way more technology, and a nicer interior too! There's no way that GM could ever put real technology into one of their cars.

katana9x4
01-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by b_t

You fucking fanboy

Takes one to know one I guess :dunno:

Better hope your car brings A LOT to the table.

Zr1 expected to run 7:30's AT THE WORST, possible 7:20's.

http://www.motortrend.com/av/autoshow/detroit/112_0801_2009_chevrolet_corvette_zr1_video/

The Zr1 will have much more stopping capability, less drag, and more power. The GTR may only have better drag, slightly more power and the same stopping.. It's gonna be real close. [/QUOTE]

Bigger brakes don't mean it will stop faster, it means it will have better heat dissipation.

And no the Spec V will not have the same stopping... it weighs less.

10+ seconds is a lot of time to cut off, not saying it can't do it, but yea...

I'd like to see the two cars race each other on a course, be it the ring or wherever, that'd be cool.

Originally posted by rage2

Hey man don't hate. It's a GT-R. You know what those 3 letters mean? GT-R? The history and shit? It's gonna be faster than a F1 car! It's a Spec V!! If it doesn't outrun a F1 car, it'll be close, and the V-Spec will definately beat it!

Thanks rage, most people don't know that Nissan will actually be entering this version of their car into the F1 series. ;)

Originally posted by 962 kid

You do know that the Z06's 7:42 was done on run flats, and the GTR's 7:38 was done on cut slicks... right? I know you've never really been that up to date when it comes to high performance cars (DOT5 in race cars :rolleyes: ), but if you honestly think the spec V will outperform the ZR1, you're on crack. I suppose you also think the GT-R would destroy a GT2 as well.

Yeah, but the corvette has leaf springs and RWD! The GT-R has way more technology, and a nicer interior too! There's no way that GM could ever put real technology into one of their cars.

Maybe GM should sell their car with a less shitty tire? :dunno:

I admit, I was wrong about using silicon based brake fluid... but hey, I guess I just smoke too much crack!

Whatever, at least I'm not dumb enough to think cross drilled rotors actually do something (besides weaken the rotor and provide worse heat dissipation)

DonJuan
01-30-2008, 01:18 PM
just my 2 cents. The GTR V - spec is PHAT. I just don't like the rear wing. It probably is functional tho, so it's a necessary evil.

I'd love to see these cars go at it, but I would have to think that the about even specs (give or take) between the two, I would have to think that the problem would be down to traction, and getting the power to the ground. I would think that the GTR would be able to pull it out of the corners faster than the ZR-1 due to the advantage of AWD (street tires). The ZR-1 will be sending the power to the rear wheels only at lower RPM's coming out of the corners, meaning it cant use it's power advantage except in long straights. Assuming simmilar entry speeds and braking speeds the GTR would be the better short rack car and the ZR1 better for courses with longer straights.

Of course with slicks then the ZR1 would probably kill all. I just hope that they don't plan on selling either of them with run flats.

962 kid
01-30-2008, 01:23 PM
lame name-calling, Rage2 asshole licking and more incorrect info.

Yet again you show a complete lack of knowledge pertaining to performance cars, and just a stunning level of ignorance in general.

The production GT-R does not roll on cut slicks and the ZR1 will not be running run-flats (in fact, it will be the other way around. GT-R has run flats, while the ZR1 has MPS2s). The ZR1 STILL weighs 250lbs less than the spec V and has larger diameter ceramic rotors (3 things that will help the ZR1 stop faster). Your statement that bigger brakes don't help stop faster is also 3/4 incorrect - a larger diamteter rotor is a great way to increase braking force. The GT-R also uses iron rotors and when you're on a track as long as the ring, heat dissipation becomes a big issue. Also when dealing with a course like the ring, 10 seconds is not as big a difference compared to other tracks- that could easily come down to weather, traffic or driver. As for cross drilled rotors not doing anything... maybe you should tell Nissan that. For some reason, they're using them on your beloved GT-R. Imagine that, you being wrong again.

It looks like you're actually wrong on every single thing you've typed. Even for beyond, that's something special. Maybe if you would actually get some real world experience instead of reading forums and your SAIT textbooks all day, you could actually be right about something for once.

Toms-SC
01-30-2008, 01:33 PM
:rofl:

finboy
01-30-2008, 01:43 PM

Yet again you show a complete lack of knowledge pertaining to performance cars, and just a stunning level of ignorance in general.

The production GT-R does not roll on cut slicks and the ZR1 will not be running run-flats (in fact, it will be the other way around. GT-R has run flats, while the ZR1 has MPS2s). The ZR1 STILL weighs 250lbs less than the spec V and has larger diameter ceramic rotors (3 things that will help the ZR1 stop faster). Your statement that bigger brakes don't help stop faster is also 3/4 incorrect - a larger diamteter rotor is a great way to increase braking force. The GT-R also uses iron rotors and when you're on a track as long as the ring, heat dissipation becomes a big issue. Also when dealing with a course like the ring, 10 seconds is not as big a difference compared to other tracks- that could easily come down to weather, traffic or driver. As for cross drilled rotors not doing anything... maybe you should tell Nissan that. For some reason, they're using them on your beloved GT-R. Imagine that, you being wrong again.

It looks like you're actually wrong on every single thing you've typed. Even for beyond, that's something special. Maybe if you would actually get some real world experience instead of reading forums and your SAIT textbooks all day, you could actually be right about something for once.

and that ends that

Konj
01-30-2008, 02:13 PM
120K for a nissan? :eek:
:rofl:

katana9x4
01-30-2008, 03:24 PM

Actually you're wrong.

If you can lock the brakes on a vehicle, theoretically there is nothing else you can do that will decrease stopping distance... being able to lock the brakes means that applying more force is pointless as it isn't needed.

I'm pretty sure the corvettes stock brakes can lock its tires.

For example, if you can lock your brakes with 12 in rotors, moving up in size isn't going to make you stop faster.

This is because the co efficient of friction has nothing to do with surface area.

I'm not saying locking your brakes is a fast way to stop, just that if they can be locked, that means that increasing brake size wont make you stop faster...

And actually, heat dissipation is more important on smaller tracks, this is because there is slower speeds and more braking, thus the brakes to not get a chance to cool down as much as they would on a track such as the ring.

I'm aware the Spec V is heavier than the ZR-1, and has less power, but I think it will catch it through the corners due to its AWD and faster shifting.

Cross drilled rotors don't do much, maybe nissan thought they looked cool, thats why most people use them lol

Anyways, you're kind of a downer 962 kid, try talking to people like you would in real life, and try not to get so worked up about the internetz

I could care less what random people on a car forum think of my intelligence.

nikka
01-30-2008, 03:38 PM
:clap: this is getting good....

b_t
01-30-2008, 03:40 PM

I could care less what random people on a car forum think of my intelligence.

OK, good, otherwise, your self esteem would be destroyed in whatever posts are sure to follow that little speech of yours there.

iceburns288
01-30-2008, 03:51 PM

I giggled. Pwnt!

If you can lock the brakes on a vehicle, theoretically there is nothing else you can do that will decrease stopping distance... being able to lock the brakes means that applying more force is pointless as it isn't needed.

I'm pretty sure the corvettes stock brakes can lock its tires.
Yes. Not relevant, though.

For example, if you can lock your brakes with 12 in rotors, moving up in size isn't going to make you stop faster.

This is because the coefficient of friction has nothing to do with surface area.
Ah, while the coeffecient of friction is unrelated to the surface area of the rotor/pad face, it isn't the only factor that determines overall braking force.

And actually, heat dissipation is more important on smaller tracks, this is because there is slower speeds and more braking, thus the brakes to not get a chance to cool down as much as they would on a track such as the ring.
Maybe, but there are a shitload of turns at the Ring. 147, I think. 147 times you have to enter a turn= a lot of braking. So it still matters a lot.

I'm aware the Spec V is heavier than the ZR-1, and has less power, but I think it will catch it through the corners due to its AWD and faster shifting.
AWD has very little to do with a car's mid-corner abilities :).

[b]I could care less what random people on a car forum think of my intelligence.
You've made that clear :p.

katana9x4
01-30-2008, 03:58 PM
^^ maybe you could try and explain some of your points, instead of just stating random things. Thanks

Edit: anyways, it wasn't my intention to get into a huge argument when I started this thread. So yea, have fun guys.

:drama: :closed:

89coupe
01-30-2008, 04:13 PM

Edit: anyways, it wasn't my intention to get into a huge argument when I started this thread. So yea, have fun guys.

:drama: :closed:

When you spouted off nonsense you basically asked for it.

01RedDX
01-30-2008, 05:09 PM

Konj
01-30-2008, 05:44 PM
katana9x4 is a poster pussy
can't handle the pressure

ICEBERG
01-30-2008, 05:59 PM
The rear end looks like Bugatti Veyron... I like...

http://www.motordesktop.com/wallpaper/supercars/Bugatti%20Veyron%201%20-%201024x768.jpg

DonJuan
01-30-2008, 07:32 PM

GT-R has run flats, while the ZR1 has MPS2s

God damn it!