PDA

View Full Version : Information about new golds gym Mckenzie?

Tux10
01-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Hey,

I haven't heard the advertising on the radio myself but I heard from a buddy that the new gold's gym by Mckenzie has some deals going on. Anyone got any information?

big A
01-20-2008, 10:45 PM
You gotta get there as soon as possible.The presale price started dirt cheap in September and goes up every month untill it opens in march.Right now it is $23.99 bi weekly(about $48 a month).The facility is amazing,they say it is the largest gym in Canada.You can just go to the building now and walk in and go upstairs to the preview centre to see pictures of the final project and talk to someone about a membership.

Tux10
01-20-2008, 11:00 PM
I will have to go check it out tomorrow, but $48 a month seems kinda pricey.

I can get a pass at Talisman for about $320 / year. Was hoping Golds would be about the same price cause its closer to my house.

asian_importz
01-21-2008, 08:06 AM
48 dollars is not pricey...thats about what i pay at worlds health...at the end of january its gonna be around 60-70 bucks a montha and like 299 start up fee...u get free classes like kick boxing/hot yoga/spin classes. theres a half court basketball inside..it only cost 78 bucks to sign up.

Tux10
01-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Hey, got another question about the golds memberships again that maybe you guys can help me with.

Can I use the membership at any Gold's gym throughout the City? and is it limited to using it only a couple of times outside your main gym? For instance, if I get a membership at Mckenzie can I use it unlimited at Northgate? Or if my buddy from the Northgate gym wants to start working out with me at Mckenzie daily, can he do that?

justincalgary
01-31-2008, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by asian_importz
48 dollars is not pricey...thats about what i pay at worlds health...at the end of january its gonna be around 60-70 bucks a montha and like 299 start up fee...u get free classes like kick boxing/hot yoga/spin classes. theres a half court basketball inside..it only cost 78 bucks to sign up.

I know a gym that has all that, but doesn't charge you a start up fee and is only $4.00 a week if you sign a 2 year contract.

So yeah, I would say $48 is pricey!

Speed_69
01-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Tux10
Hey, got another question about the golds memberships again that maybe you guys can help me with.

Can I use the membership at any Gold's gym throughout the City? and is it limited to using it only a couple of times outside your main gym? For instance, if I get a membership at Mckenzie can I use it unlimited at Northgate? Or if my buddy from the Northgate gym wants to start working out with me at Mckenzie daily, can he do that?

I'm not sure how the Mckenzie Towne Gold's Gym memberships are going to work but I have a membership at the Northgate location and I know that we are not allowed to go to the other locations which is pretty crappy.

Originally posted by justincalgary

I know a gym that has all that, but doesn't charge you a start up fee and is only $4.00 a week if you sign a 2 year contract.

So yeah, I would say $48 is pricey!

I think you should tell us all which gym this is then. :thumbsup:

sexualbanana
01-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Anyone know what the gym's hours might be? If it's 24 hours like the World Health on MacLeod, I'd be interestd

Tux10
01-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

I'm not sure how the Mckenzie Towne Gold's Gym memberships are going to work but I have a membership at the Northgate location and I know that we are not allowed to go to the other locations which is pretty crappy.

I think you should tell us all which gym this is then. :thumbsup:

I don't think that's right, I was at Gold's Northgate yesterday with a buddy and he asked them if he can use his pass at any of the other Calgary locations and they said yes. We just weren't sure if it would work at Mckenzie and if its an unlimited kind of thing.

Tux10
01-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Anyone know what the gym's hours might be? If it's 24 hours like the World Health on MacLeod, I'd be interestd

If your talking about the Mckenzie Golds, yes its 24 hours 7 days a week. I went in and asked. Plus, if you sign up today (January) it's only 19.99 every two weeks if you sign a two year contract. Not sure what it will be if its February though.

kerry
01-31-2008, 12:47 PM
If you're interested, you can sign up for $99/month for 2 years and you get a World Golds Pass (all gyms across the world) and all of the Martial Arts Training classes that Fighters Nation offers. You have to sign up in the NE though, but this pass is still good for any Golds Gym in the world. Great deal imo! If you wanna know more pm!

Tux10
01-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Not really interested in the martial arts stuff too much. Just looking to work out close to my house and want to know if my buddy can go to Mckenzie as my work out partner?

Nobody knows?

j.ng-
02-01-2008, 12:19 AM
ok maybe a stupid question so forgive me..
but have they set an exact date on when its opening?

ercchry
02-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by j.ng-
ok maybe a stupid question so forgive me..
but have they set an exact date on when its opening?

when i signed up they said march but it might even be feb, but that was a while ago so i dunno if its moved up or down since then... and when i signed up i got the rate of 32/month and its good around the world and im locked in at that rate for life

j.ng-
02-01-2008, 01:06 AM
^^ how early did you sign up??
exactly what were the cheapest rates that they first introduced?

Tux10
02-01-2008, 08:46 AM
When I went in last week, they said the opening will be in March, but they couldn't commit to a date in March.

I know he said it was good around the world and will be also good for the new one they are building downtown, but is that unlimited? I read in the membership fine print that you need to get a travel pass and your only allowed 14 days.

j.ng-
02-01-2008, 06:39 PM
hmm either way i'm sure it wont be unreasonable
anythings better than the ymca imo

Gorilla
02-06-2008, 12:20 PM
That golds is supposed to be a 5* Gym. Free towel service, pool, etc etc.

WWJAI
02-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Tux10

I don't think that's right, I was at Gold's Northgate yesterday with a buddy and he asked them if he can use his pass at any of the other Calgary locations and they said yes. We just weren't sure if it would work at Mckenzie and if its an unlimited kind of thing.

When I started at the Northgate's Gold Gym when it first opened I was told that I could not use the pass at any other Gold Gym's on a walk-in basis like World Health Club allows its members for its facilities. I was told I have to get a travel pass if I want to use it in another city and I would be restricted to the one gym. At the time I joined I was allowed to go to the Northland location because the gym wasn't open yet. I haven't tried it at another location afterwards, but maybe they changed their policy.

I'm still dissapointed they lied about getting hot tubs. I'd like to definitely try out the new gold's gym if the passes are accessible to other locations. Great facility and..i only pay $25/month.