PDA

View Full Version : FS: Toshiba A70 Laptop

Afrodeziak
01-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Upon the arrival of my new macbook, I am no longer using this laptop. I have sworn by it and it's been my daily use computer for the past 2 years.

It's been cared for by an IT professional, although does have its minor case nicks, etc. If you are looking for a good laptop that can do next to anything yet don't want to spend $1000 or more, this would be a good option. My only reason for switching was the acquisition of a new Macbook.

Specs.
2.8 ghZ Pentium 4 CPU
Upgraded 1.5 Gig Ram (512 onboard + 1 gig stick)
Upgraded to a 60 gig 5400 RPM HD
Harmon Kardon Audio
ATI Graphics (Integrated)
Artheros Wireless G
Firewire, USB, DVD-Rom/CD-RW Burner (ie. does not burn DVD's, but does burn CD-R's etc)

15.4" Widescreen display, Comes with laptop bag

This laptop has had an issue in the past with the AC Plugin on the back coming loose. I have since taken the laptop apart, cleaned all parts and re-soldered the contact points of the AC plugin to the motherboard.

Also the WIFI switch is no longer attached to the toggle on the motherboard. I had an issue while it was in the laptop bag during a flight and found this upon arriving home. Therefore I've left wireless on all of the time. Can be turned off within the Network windows settings

I can prepare the laptop with a fresh copy of windows xp (as it does have an attached serial key on the bottom) or delete the drive completely and leave it up to you.

I've seen a couple of these sell on beyond and would ask around the same , so asking $450.00 obo

pics upon request. looks the same as any other A70. I'd rate its condition a 7/10

Afrodeziak
02-11-2008, 01:23 PM
up.

radar2000
02-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Do you still have this laptop? Pm me ur # very interested.