PDA

View Full Version : plumbing

Sorath
01-21-2008, 05:40 PM
anyone know of a good plumber that does work for cheap?

i think the pilot on my water heater went out, and its an electrical one and dont know how to light it again. but people are telling me that i need a new tank

calgary of course

barmanjay
01-21-2008, 06:06 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Originally posted by Sorath
i think the pilot on my water heater went out, and its an electrical ....

HAHAHAHAHAHA

FYI:

Electric water heaters use heating elements

there should be an access panel somewhere near the bottom,.. be sure to drain it first.

Gas water heaters

if the pilot goes out,.. there`s a couple things to check,.. did you pay your last gas bill? LOL

do you smell gas? There's usually instructions on how to start it

Otherwise a good plumbing company that has decent rates:

Pete the Plumber

Sorath
01-21-2008, 06:10 PM
ive checked there isnt an access panel, all there is, is a knob that turns the water hotter or colder and one to shut gas off and on? its a push down knob that says pilot on it, im guessing that is used to light? im a noob at this, first time home owner. i read the instructions and it makes no fuggin sense

maybe its not electrical? cause theres definately a gas shut off valve. i dunno, any help anyone?

StreetRacerX
01-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Another company that has really good rates and does excellent work is Cougar Technical. (403) 255-3555 Its the company me and a couple others work for except we're in the Drain division:thumbsup:

sr20s14zenki
01-21-2008, 08:08 PM
http://www.ehow.com/how_117729_relight-water-heater.html

does that help?

Audio_Rookie
01-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
ive checked there isnt an access panel, all there is, is a knob that turns the water hotter or colder and one to shut gas off and on? its a push down knob that says pilot on it, im guessing that is used to light? im a noob at this, first time home owner. i read the instructions and it makes no fuggin sense

maybe its not electrical? cause theres definately a gas shut off valve. i dunno, any help anyone?

Ya it sounds like gas....

Get a barbeque lighter thingamabob, there should be a panel at the bottom you can take out or slide over...near here the gas lines run to. There will be a small line that runs to what looks like a gas stove type setup (a ring).

turn the pilot to off, set the temperature to the low setting (usually warm...as low as it can go, less than warm even..till it stops).....wait a minute...turn the pilot light to on....usually you need to press it down, while pressing down light the end of the line...right before the ring, there ill be a small gap between, the idea is the small line near the ring will be the ignition source for the ring whenen you actually heat your water, the little flame your gonna start before the ring on the small gas line is the pilot light.

once that little fire is going on that small line...keep holding the pilot button in for a minute....then let go, it should keep going....turn the heat control up and the ring will go on fire and you can do a victory dance and close up the access door.

I be apprentice plumber :D

Sorath
01-23-2008, 01:02 AM
wooot, i think its working, i got the flame to stay on, but hot water isnt coming out, but it definately is getting warmer.I ts been like 2 hours, maybe gotta wait longer ^_^

max_boost
01-23-2008, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by barmanjay

Otherwise a good plumbing company that has decent rates:

Pete the Plumber

Yeah I called them about coming over to drain the mainline on one of my rentals 3 weeks ago.

$250 to show up to the door and $180/hour is reasonable? Understandably I told the plumber that it's not his fault the rates are so high but that's fucking crazy. :rofl:

ercchry
01-23-2008, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by StreetRacerX
Another company that has really good rates and does excellent work is Cougar Technical. (403) 255-3555 Its the company me and a couple others work for except we're in the Drain division:thumbsup:

fucking drain division... haha... but yes me or kev can fix all your dain needs we are #1 team A+++