PDA

View Full Version : Brinks

mslbebiz
01-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Wondering if anyone has experience working for Brinks, or know of anyone who has? What's it like, and what can be expected - hours, shifts, pay, the actual work, etc?

Bimmer88
01-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Hahah I have a buddy that works for Brinks,

he's a driver, and apparently he carry's a gun with him... and I asked him if he's ever shot anyone with it lol... well that convo lasted long but he says it was a fun job, and great experience.

As for his hours I think their full days as he mentioned but you'll get any job if you worked for Brinks.

ggroves
01-21-2008, 08:55 PM
do you know how much he was making to start?

mslbebiz
01-21-2008, 10:27 PM
As for his hours I think their full days as he mentioned but you'll get any job if you worked for Brinks.

Thanks for the response. But could you clarify what you mean by "you'll get any job".

Bimmer88
01-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by ggroves
do you know how much he was making to start?

I think he mentioned like $18 an hr...

Bimmer88
01-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by mslbebiz

Thanks for the response. But could you clarify what you mean by "you'll get any job".

Well its like if you were in the Army... if you stopped the army you could pratically get any job you wanted lol... based on the duty you had to do.

But Brinks driver employers will view you as a responsible person and would most likely hire you.

IRL
01-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Bimmer88

I think he mentioned like $18 an hr...

You might want to double check that...I heard is was closer to $14/h?

rmk
01-22-2008, 09:47 AM
A guy who is making $18.00/hr and carrying around a gun. Scary.

mslbebiz
01-22-2008, 02:20 PM

Maybe. But city police start out around the same wage ($40k/year or so), and no-one seems to think that's scary. :dunno:

ggroves
03-27-2008, 11:42 AM
currently trying to get in and it is 18.85/hr for whoever is interested.

QuasarCav
03-27-2008, 11:44 AM
The sign down the street says 16/hour.

The higher wage may be for experienced people.

403Gemini
03-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by rmk

No different then the CPS 3-4 years ago :dunno:

retro-steve
03-27-2008, 03:50 PM
I currently work for Brinks and can answer any questions you might have if you wanna PM me.

Wages are dependent on the job you do and what your employment status is (part time gets paid a lot less than full time). The three job positions are driver, guard and messenger. Guard gets paid the least, driver is middle and messenger is the most.

The work you can expect to be doing depends on whether or not you're on armoured or ATM. Armoured is in the day and it's stuff like delivery/pickup from various retail outlets, stores, banks, etc... ATM is 95% at night and is strictly out to service ATM machines and night deposit safes in banks.

Day shifts start between 5am and 8am and are generally 8 hours long. There's a couple oddball shifts that'll start around noon or 7pm, but that's mostly ATM service crews or ATM highway runs. Night shifts start at around 8 and 9pm.

The qualifications you must have are a valid PAL (posession and acquisition license for firearms), a valid driver's license with no more than 5 demerits, previous experience with driving a truck or security is definately an asset, must be willing to work with your crew (this is a big one, if you don't get along with your crew or are willing to learn to work with anyone you will not last long at all).

Additional information can be obtained through PM's, I highly suggest not listening to the people who have already posted as all their info so far has been wrong.