kerry
01-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by finboy
*waits for this to turn into ethical debate of suicide*

Holy shit you hit that one on the head!

heavyD
01-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
All of you who say "he deserved it" or "this is no surprise" are horrible. You mean to tell me that if someone you cared about had a drug problem or committed suicide (I am by no means saying that I believe he had any kind of problem, truth be told anything said about that has come as a total shock to me, and I truly do not believe that he killed himself) but if someone you knew personally and cared about died from a drug overdose or something of the same nature, you mean to tell me you'd shrug it off and say they deserved it? You seriously wouldn't remember them for the good person they were and all the wonderful things they accomplished? Holy crap! Some very cynical and cold hearted people out there!

Sad day for me, I think I'm still in denial :cry:

Absolutely. It's a selfish and cowardly act. I'm not into caring for people in our society that feel sorry for themselves. Every sort of help imaginable is available and North Americans in general have no idea how good we have it. We have people in hospitals that have been dealt cruel hands that are fighting diseases such as cancer that appreciate every extra day they can fight for then we have to hear about useless fucks that take their life because their wife left them, lost their job, or they can't handle fame. Fuck them. If a person can't appreciate the gift of life, I can't be bothered to feel sorry for them.

403Gemini
01-23-2008, 01:10 PM
I honestly dont think any of us should pick a side until the autopsy comes in telling us how he died.

If he commited suicide, i just wonder why

If it was an allergic reaction, thats just plain bad luck

Either way he was a great actor

finboy
01-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
I honestly dont think any of us should pick a side until the autopsy comes in telling us how he died.

the correct answer

heavyD
01-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

If he commited suicide, i just wonder why

If it was an allergic reaction, thats just plain bad luck

Either way he was a great actor

Who's picking sides? My response was only if he did himself in. Of course I would sympathize if he died of natural causes, complications, or bad luck.

sexualbanana
01-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Absolutely. It's a selfish and cowardly act. I'm not into caring for people in our society that feel sorry for themselves. Every sort of help imaginable is available and North Americans in general have no idea how good we have it. We have people in hospitals that have been dealt cruel hands that are fighting diseases such as cancer that appreciate every extra day they can fight for then we have to hear about useless fucks that take their life because their wife left them, lost their job, or they can't handle fame. Fuck them. If a person can't appreciate the gift of life, I can't be bothered to feel sorry for them.

Fuck those guys that are stuck in their hospital beds with cancer. Can't they appreciate that they've been given the gift of life!?! Why would they cut their lives short 40 years! Selfish fucks...

BerserkerCatSplat
01-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Fuck those guys that are stuck in their hospital beds with cancer. Can't they appreciate that they've been given the gift of life!?! Why would they cut their lives short 40 years! Selfish fucks...

Did you hear that whooshing noise?

That was heavyD's point going right over your head.

A790
01-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

LOL No kidding eh?

kertejud2
01-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

We have people in hospitals that have been dealt cruel hands that are fighting diseases such as cancer that appreciate every extra day they can fight for then we have to hear about useless fucks that take their life because their wife left them, lost their job, or they can't handle fame. Fuck them. If a person can't appreciate the gift of life, I can't be bothered to feel sorry for them.

M4r9LLBG67A

finboy
01-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2

M4r9LLBG67A

i love that movie

"porch monkey 4 life"

sexualbanana
01-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Originally posted by A790

LOL No kidding eh?

Yeah, I got a little overzealous. My bad. I just don't like the viewpoint that people are cowards for committing suicide. Mental anguish is just as real as any physical ailment that others might have. If you don't feel that way, you might as well join scientology.

I was going to say that whooshing sound was actually the sound of me hitting nothing but net, but then I'd be a total jackass.

treg50
01-23-2008, 07:15 PM
After some watching ET (tabloid TV at it's finest) just now, I just can't see him as wanting to kill himself, granted we/I don't know 99% of who he is but by the way he conducted himself in interviews he seemed so eloquent, softspoken, modest, and grounded. He seemed like a really nice dude, teeming with talent and a passion for his profession. Michelle Williams is his fiancé, they were engaged for some time I thought they broke up.

I believe it was just an accidental overdose. The Joker role probably had him emotionally and physically exhausted, he reached for some tranqs or sleeping pills and accidentally took a few too many. When actors go deep like this they should really have an assistant or companion or manager or someone close by just to be on the safe side.

Officially we won't know anything until 7-10 days from now when the autopsy is complete.

Melinda
01-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by treg50
Michelle Williams is his fiancé, they were engaged for some time I thought they broke up.

I believe it was just an accidental overdose. The Joker role probably had him emotionally and physically exhausted, he reached for some tranqs or sleeping pills and accidentally took a few too many. When actors go deep like this they should really have an assistant or companion or manager or someone close by just to be on the safe side.

Officially we won't know anything until 7-10 days from now when the autopsy is complete.
Him and Michelle are separated, have been since September. But they do have a two year old daughter together.

And I agree with you. I truly don't believe he killed himself. He has said in recent interviews that he suffered huge problems with insomnia during the filming of Dark Knight and even since then, often only sleeping two hours a night. He said getting into the mind set of a psychopathic murderer who shows zero remorse and delights in torchuring people was hard on him.

He admitted to taking two ambien (one more than he should) and it only worked for an hour of sleep. It's no secret that he's also been suffering with pneumonia, probably a by-product of working so hard on so little rest. It's possible he took more than two sleeping pills just to try to get more than an hour's worth of sleep, and it just ended up causing a meltdown to his already weak and exhausted body :(

rated_R
01-24-2008, 10:41 AM
RIP Heath Ledger...

This is what Fox News had to say about his death

"Playing an audio clip of the iconic quote, 'I wish I knew how to quit you' from Ledger’s gay romance movie Brokeback Mountain, Gibson disdainfully quipped, 'Well, he found out how to quit you.' Laughing, Gibson then played another clip from Brokeback Mountain in which Ledger said, 'We’re dead,' followed by his own, mocking 'We’re dead' before playing the clip again."

Gibson called Ledger a "weirdo" with a "serious drug problem" and suggested that Ledger killed himself because he had "a serious position in the (stock) market" or perhaps "watched the Clinton-Obama debate last night. I think he was an Edwards guy, cause he saw his Edwards guy was just completely irrelevant."

one of the many reasons why I don't like Fox News

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/23...n-mocks-ledger/
(the link includes an audio to what the dude said)

treg50
01-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

Him and Michelle are separated, have been since September. But they do have a two year old daughter together.

And I agree with you. I truly don't believe he killed himself. He has said in recent interviews that he suffered huge problems with insomnia during the filming of Dark Knight and even since then, often only sleeping two hours a night. He said getting into the mind set of a psychopathic murderer who shows zero remorse and delights in torchuring people was hard on him.

He admitted to taking two ambien (one more than he should) and it only worked for an hour of sleep. It's no secret that he's also been suffering with pneumonia, probably a by-product of working so hard on so little rest. It's possible he took more than two sleeping pills just to try to get more than an hour's worth of sleep, and it just ended up causing a meltdown to his already weak and exhausted body :(
I was watching the Screen Actor's Guild Awards last night and they had a moment during the show called 'In Memoriam' where they remember actors who have died in the past year, the last one was Heath Ledger.

Today I came across this in Newsweek and thought it might be a good last post regarding Heath Ledger. An interview with Christopher Nolan, Director of The Dark Knight, as he remembers Ledger. I don't think much else needs to be said besides this:

Charisma as Natural as Gravity (http://www.newsweek.com/id/105580)

5hift
02-02-2008, 07:50 PM
So it turns out that Heath was the typical hollywood drug addict.

There is a video of him snorting lines of blow at the guild awards, him claiming to smoke 5 joints a day, and we all know how he was abusing sleeping pills. If thats only what can be verified, its pretty obvious a lot more was going on when the cameras were not around.

"Before the split, Michelle ordered Heath - who is believed to have abused cocaine, heroin and a "variety of pills" - to undergo a drugs test before she would allow him to spend time with Matilda. "

RIP but he was a custy and this is what happens to them.

http://celebedge.sympatico.msn.ca/Heath+Ledger+cocaine+video+/Bang/ContentPosting_Bang_new.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=BSBS11129&feedname=BANG&show=False&number=0&showbyline=False&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=True

JRSC00LUDE
02-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Official report just released that he died of an ACCIDENTAL overdose of prescription drugs.

JordanEG6
02-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by 5hift
So it turns out that Heath was the typical hollywood drug addict.

There is a video of him snorting lines of blow at the guild awards, him claiming to smoke 5 joints a day, and we all know how he was abusing sleeping pills. If thats only what can be verified, its pretty obvious a lot more was going on when the cameras were not around.

"Before the split, Michelle ordered Heath - who is believed to have abused cocaine, heroin and a "variety of pills" - to undergo a drugs test before she would allow him to spend time with Matilda. "

RIP but he was a custy and this is what happens to them.

http://celebedge.sympatico.msn.ca/Heath+Ledger+cocaine+video+/Bang/ContentPosting_Bang_new.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=BSBS11129&feedname=BANG&show=False&number=0&showbyline=False&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=True

lifestyles of the rich a famous...

benyl
02-06-2008, 09:47 AM
How do you accidentally take too many pills?

analbumcover
02-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by benyl

easily, he probably had the bottle in his hand and tripped over one of the olsen twins, the bottle sprawling through the air emptied in heath's wide open mouth as he fell to the floor, not wanting to waste he decided to swallow, and.. goodbye...

JRSC00LUDE
02-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by benyl

I would assume you accidentally take a couple things that, when mixed together with say...a martini or two, produce a toxic reaction that you didn't anticipate. Or something like that anyways. :dunno:

LadyLuck
01-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Crazy how fast time flies!
Its been a year already.

RIP

1997GSR
01-22-2009, 10:32 AM
good night sweet prince.

D. Dub
01-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Heath who?

Eleanor
01-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub
Heath who?
Heath "I was in love with Donnie Darko in a cowboy hat" Ledger

Disclaimer: Remember the rule: Tragedy + Time = Comedy

ZorroAMG
01-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub
Heath who?

Really?

QuasarCav
01-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Fucking EPIC bumps here guys.

arian_ma
01-22-2009, 05:04 PM
I kept looking at the date of the first post thinking how the hell did all of you guys not know about this. Then I realized it said 2008 and it is now 2009. Great.