PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell the Lude???

Pages : [1] 2

WBB6
08-01-2002, 06:42 PM
I am thinking about selling my Prelude, need some opinion...

I am looking to replace it with a BMW M-Coupe or 94~Supra or anything that is a rear-wheel drive that has TORQUE!!!

I have had some "outside" pressure from a "Certain Special" individual telling me to sell the lude...

Please do not post any inquiries about buying any parts from my car...

Audi Kid
08-01-2002, 06:44 PM
dude..if your gonna buy a M coupe or a Supra sell it!

bol
08-01-2002, 06:49 PM
Remember - the pre-2001 BMW M Coupes have the 240bhp engine and not the 333bhp motor.

WBB6
08-01-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by bol
Remember - the pre-2001 BMW M Coupes have the 240bhp engine and not the 333bhp motor.

I know, but they have SO much potential to be made into an AWESOME track car, and no one in Calgary has one done up yet...

bol
08-01-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by WBB6

I know, but they have SO much potential to be made into an AWESOME track car, and no one in Calgary has one done up yet...

You can have your shoe car! :rofl:

Nah, they're really nice cars out of the box. :bigpimp:

redline
08-01-2002, 06:54 PM
I thought there was a SC M coupe in town!!!!!

WBB6 maybe we can start a used FI honda store together! :thumbsup:

Supra is getting played out... i would go BMW

WBB6
08-01-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by redline

I TOTALLY AGREE, the Supra is totally getting played out...that's why I am leaning towards the BMW M-Coupe

Ben
08-01-2002, 07:09 PM
Yeah, you have had that lude for quite some time!

Sell her, and buy an M

redline
08-01-2002, 07:14 PM

I TOTALLY AGREE, the Supra is totally getting played out...that's why I am leaning towards the BMW M-Coupe

if you want torque get a mustang :rofl: :rofl:

Ben
08-01-2002, 07:19 PM

if you want torque get a mustang :rofl: :rofl:

I can see it now!

:thumbsup: :p :D

redline
08-01-2002, 07:24 PM
II have had some "outside" pressure from a "Certain Special" individual telling me to sell the lude...

i wonder who that would be :confused:

5gluder
08-01-2002, 07:53 PM
I would go with a supra, seems as though there is more potential for hp and tq. I really don't know how much you can get out of a m3, although i know you can get around 600hp on a supra.

2000impreza
08-01-2002, 08:33 PM
i heard there is a supercharged E46 M3 in e-town... don't know.

if i was going to buy a supra or M3 the prelude would have been sold yesterday... haha.

Ben
08-01-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 5gluder
I would go with a supra, seems as though there is more potential for hp and tq. I really don't know how much you can get out of a m3, although i know you can get around 600hp on a supra.

check out the 1000+ @ www.suprastore.com

cocoabrova
08-01-2002, 08:37 PM
If you're looking for a change and some torque, I say go for it. What body style/year 'M' are you thinking about?? I'd like to find an E30 M3 (88-91?), but I still think the E36 M3's are :bigpimp: I have seen alot of fake M3's here though in Cowtown :banghead: thumbsup:

5gluder
08-01-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Benny

check out the 1000+ @ www.suprastore.com

I've heard of Supra with 1000+hp, i just figured that 600hp would at least keep it as a good street car :dunno:

redline
08-01-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by 5gluder

I've heard of Supra with 1000+hp, i just figured that 600hp would at least keep it as a good street car :dunno:

that is way to much for a street car... mau gets rubber in 4th gear in his 600hp supra and it would take a pro driver to drive it on the track..

Ekliptix
08-01-2002, 09:19 PM
there was a sc'ed M3 for sale in the autotrader a couple months ago that was done up really nicely. I think it was under $50,000.

The new M3 though...:drool: :drool: :drool:

buh_buh
08-01-2002, 09:38 PM
Bobby, don't sell your car... Although that would eliminate some competition....:D

But unless your really sick of it, I say keep it.

max_boost
08-01-2002, 10:16 PM
Go BMW man! One of a kind setup if you do up a M Coupe. We have seen Supras done up to the max, BMW would be something different.

Don't worry, BuhBuh will buy all your used parts! LOL:thumbsup:

buh_buh
08-01-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
yeah, but I still think he should keep it.

max_boost
08-01-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
i heard there is a supercharged E46 M3 in e-town... don't know

I know of some guy with a supercharged E46M3 motor in calgary but I don't think his car is running:rofl: :thumbsup:

max_boost
08-01-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

yeah, but I still think he should keep it.

To put some much time/effort/money in a car and to sell it, dam that's painful.

buh_buh
08-01-2002, 10:31 PM

To put some much time/effort/money in a car and to sell it, dam that's painful.
exactly! that's why I think he should keep it.

D'z Nutz
08-01-2002, 10:35 PM
Just for the record, the M coupe isn't an M3. It looks like a z3 with a hard top. I hear those things are crazy fast and handle pretty nicely. Don't care much for the look of the car though :dunno:

max_boost
08-01-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Just for the record, the M coupe isn't an M3. It looks like a z3 with a hard top. I hear those things are crazy fast and handle pretty nicely. Don't care much for the look of the car though :dunno:

Yup! I like the look of the car although it has received some rather mixed reviews. The new M coupe with the 315hp is the car to drool for!

silvia S15
08-01-2002, 10:58 PM
well, if your gonna sell your lude, id say go with the supra, because, it is possible to get round 600hp with the 2Jz motor, and the parts arent that hard to find. But with the Bimmer, ur gonna have a hard time finding parts, and the price will be outrageous. the supra already comes with 320ponies at the wheel..the bimmer comes with 330...but the bimmer is also 4door...a downside if ur a hardcore streetracer. PRICES are also into play....the latemodel supra goes for around 27-$40 000. and the bimmer is prolly around 50-60 000. How much are you gonna get outt of ur lude? around 25-30? you could probably even sell it for $40 000 to some punk who doesnt know waht he's got. If i was you ur best be would be to get the supra..the only problem is findign one for sale!!

max_boost
08-01-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by silvia S15
well, if your gonna sell your lude, id say go with the supra, because, it is possible to get round 600hp with the 2Jz motor, and the parts arent that hard to find. But with the Bimmer, ur gonna have a hard time finding parts, and the price will be outrageous. the supra already comes with 320ponies at the wheel..the bimmer comes with 330...but the bimmer is also 4door...a downside if ur a hardcore streetracer. PRICES are also into play....the latemodel supra goes for around 27-$40 000. and the bimmer is prolly around 50-60 000. How much are you gonna get outt of ur lude? around 25-30? you could probably even sell it for $40 000 to some punk who doesnt know waht he's got. If i was you ur best be would be to get the supra..the only problem is findign one for sale!!

Supra is 320 at the flywheel, not wheels.
The BMW car he is considering is a Coupe/hatchback and has 240hp. The M3 has 333hp but that's a coupe, no BMW sedans have more than 330hp unless it is the M5. Just wanted to clarify that!:thumbsup:

But be prepared, if you want to do up a BMW, better open the wallet! Cause parts are dam expensive!!!:banghead:

silvia S15
08-01-2002, 11:03 PM
OOOPS, I THOUGHT HE SAID m5...:p , and i live out of calgary and i just got informed parts are easy to find for bimmers through tunerworks..so, my bad, soorry
still get teh supra

max_boost
08-01-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by silvia S15
OOOPS, I THOUGHT HE SAID m5...:p , and i live out of calgary and i just got informed parts are easy to find for bimmers through tunerworks..so, my bad, soorry
still get teh supra

LOL
Oh man, if he was considering the M5, forget about everything else! He be like one of the select few that own one in calgary!

trendkill
08-02-2002, 12:20 AM
GET THE BMW BOBBY, get out of the boy racer car. grow up and get a PIMP ride. time to move on like the rest of us... let the newbies take over the honda scean.

oasis
08-02-2002, 12:23 AM

come on bobby, the supra played out??:dunno: theres like 3 or 4 nice ones in town..... the bmw's are everywhere now e36 & e46's are becoming like civics, 318's with M3 embles all riced out, i'm trying to sell mine because there are just to many around now. try to look for something total different that know one will have.

Fluidic
08-02-2002, 12:39 AM
Bobby... sell the Lude... you WON'T regret it!! :)

German car's rock!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Peter

max_boost
Originally posted by oasis

come on bobby, the supra played out??:dunno: theres like 3 or 4 nice ones in town..... the bmw's are everywhere now e36 & e46's are becoming like civics, 318's with M3 embles all riced out, i'm trying to sell mine because there are just to many around now. try to look for something total different that know one will have.

I agree with you but it is because BMWs are very affordable, you can pick up a E36 for around $10K now.

Anyway, he is looking at the M-Coupe which is really original and I still haven't seen many of them around.

LUDELVR

What? Didn't you guys see that supra from the fast and the furious????:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I mean, that's one bad ass supra!!!!:rofl:

Angisio
08-02-2002, 01:13 AM
If you're going to straight line speed than get the M3 which is only 5 grand more than the M Coupe, but if you want awesome handling go M Coupe. I also don't think there is a 4 month waiting period on the M Coupe. But if you wait then you get a comfortable 4 seater.

buh_buh
08-02-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
German car's rock!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

yeah, but the German car he's getting and the German car you have cannot even compare. Its like comparing a Skyline to a Echo.:nut:

James
08-02-2002, 02:46 AM
WBB6, I would say go with an M3,:thumbsup: or was it the hatchback M-coupe that you want? no offense but those things are ugly, but still pretty damn fast :burnout: ...Supra's are pretty crazy cars though,it all depends on what you really want, an all out fast car? or a fast luxurious car? my vote is for the bimmer:)

RCBVtec
08-02-2002, 09:19 AM
I think it all depends on the year of M3 you are looking for. The older M3s are amazing machines however you can't compare those to a newer one, it seems BMW has really stepped it up a notch with the new M3s. IMO I would go M3 you get so much more than a Supra (which is an amazing machine as well - don't get me wrong) you get style, performance, luxury. I think the most important question here though is... what do YOU want to get? We can ramble on and on about which one WE think is better but in the end it's up to you man. Good luck. :thumbsup:

G
08-02-2002, 09:25 AM

yeah, but the German car he's getting and the German car you have cannot even compare. Its like comparing a Skyline to a Echo.:nut:

Hey I like this guy....tell it as it is...:rofl:

B18C
08-02-2002, 10:00 AM
Like buh_buh said, keep the prelude unless you really are sick of it. It is by far the nicest prelude in town (and most likely Alberta), and I for one wouldn't sell it.

If you were to sell it, I say go BMW.

buh_buh
08-02-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by GSpot

thanks.
Why bother beating around the bush? Just stick it in her!:rofl:

redline
08-02-2002, 10:30 AM

but he will be like leo and try and buy some injectors with pho!

Good luck in selling the parts, people are really fucking cheap!

max_boost
08-02-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by GSpot

Watch out, if Will isn't his father, you might be! LOL:rofl: :rofl:

max_boost
08-02-2002, 10:39 AM
Good luck in selling the parts, people are really fucking cheap!
No freakin shit! I had a easy time selling my parts but it was because it was a blowout sale! LOL:banghead:

GT2NV
08-02-2002, 11:13 AM
go supra , the are played out in other places , but i deffinatly dont see enough done up in calgary,
go supra plz:love:

Redlyne_mr2
08-02-2002, 11:14 AM

I wouldnt say that its played out...and anyways it shouldnt matter what everyone else thinks about what you drive...a car should reflect its owner and deliver the performance and ammenities that the owner desires. You seem to be leaning towards owning a car for road course..if thats the case then the m3 is a perfect choice..the supra however can be built to be a balls out drag car and can even be made to be a pretty impressive track car..just ask rege reimer...all in all you've picked 2 great cars so you won't go wrong with the choice you make

Ed the SOHC
08-02-2002, 11:27 AM
bobby, i think you're at the point of no return! keep the car; it's too much of a loss if you sell it. It's still a unique lude and it's already paid off so just keep it AND get the bmw!

Redlyne_mr2
08-02-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
bobby, i think you're at the point of no return! keep the car; it's too much of a loss if you sell it. It's still a unique lude and it's already paid off so just keep it AND get the bmw!
good point..once youve come that far with a car unless you know of someone whos willign to pay top dollar for it then you're screwed.

Voodoo Child
08-02-2002, 12:03 PM
Bobby,
I'm in agreance with everybody that you will loose mad cash if you sell the lude. But if you do, a BMW is fantastic. My dad just got a new 540i and GOD does it haul ass. For tuning purposes another great German car to get would be an Audi S4. Just a thought.:thumbsup:

Voodoo

Redlyne_mr2
08-02-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo Child
Bobby,
I'm in agreance with everybody that you will loose mad cash if you sell the lude. But if you do, a BMW is fantastic. My dad just got a new 540i and GOD does it haul ass. For tuning purposes another great German car to get would be an Audi S4. Just a thought.:thumbsup:

Voodoo
oooooooh ya s4...forgot about that ..twin turbo, awd....skies the limit

Hakkola
08-02-2002, 12:34 PM
If you by an old M3 get a 95, because they're the last year with OBD1, OBDII doesn't accept engine changes as well, you'll see more gains on mods with an OBDI car, don't know if anyone's said this yet though. The 95 M3 is your best bet for a good M car.

I heard with the S4 you can get huge power gains by just adding a chip, it would be a great car even stock.

Joe Malms
08-02-2002, 12:56 PM

wtf?
how in the hell are you gonna say the supra is played out when you drive an INTEGRA!!!???!
I'm with oasis on this one. Theres a few nice supras in town and thats it.
Theres a few of the cars period. The supra is MUCH less played out than alot of cars out there.

Joe Malms
08-02-2002, 12:57 PM
btw if you're looking for a supra, i know of a silver on black 94 for sale.

LowRiderHD2000
08-02-2002, 01:07 PM
I knew something was up when I saw you at the Auto Mall.

sexualbanana
08-02-2002, 03:15 PM
i think supra's r getting a bit played out because of the hype surrounding it. they're great cars, don't get me wrong. but a lot of people r now like supra this and supra that because of fast and furious.

Speed_RaSiR
08-02-2002, 03:25 PM
Bobby, get a Z, :thumbsup:

2000impreza
08-02-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
i think supra's r getting a bit played out because of the hype surrounding it. they're great cars, don't get me wrong. but a lot of people r now like supra this and supra that because of fast and furious.

i agree with you. almost every kid out there wants a supra and do it up like the one they seen in the movie..........

Tuner1
08-02-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
If you by an old M3 get a 95, because they're the last year with OBD1, OBDII doesn't accept engine changes as well, you'll see more gains on mods with an OBDI car, don't know if anyone's said this yet though. The 95 M3 is your best bet for a good M car.

Sorry man, don't meant to pick on you but there is SOOOO much incorrect info in this thread. Buying a '95 M3 is a nice idea, but they were never sold in Canada! There are plenty of good mods out for the '96> OBD2 cars so there is no need to buy the older one.

"Played out". WTF does this mean? Anyone have a dictionary handy with the definition? Maybe I am from a different world but I don't buy a car based on who else owns them, what movies they are in, etc. A great car is always a great car, regardless of how many people have them or what is being said about them at the time. If it is cool to have an unusual car why aren't you guys all driving Maserati's, 911's, Audi quattro coupes, etc.

Both the M Coupe and Supra MKIV are amazing cars. Both offer advantages and disadvantages, but for most circumstances I'd rather have the M Coupe, well actully an M3 Coupe :) I owned a full BPU Supra TT and while it was a great car I didn't like it as much as my M3's. Now, before everyone starts throwing around opinions go drive both cars, or better yet buy both and try them out :p

Rob

DriveOrBeDriven
08-02-2002, 03:45 PM
KEEP YOUR LUDE!!!!!! sorry i Love preludes and so ya u gotta represent Honda and shit so keep the prelude man.Preludes are dope:drool:

legendboy
08-02-2002, 03:51 PM
I'd still love to own a Supra.

5.9 R/T
08-02-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
I'd still love to own a Supra.

RICER! j/k :rofl:

Joe Malms
08-02-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

i agree with you. almost every kid out there wants a supra and do it up like the one they seen in the movie..........

Yeah...but that doesnt mean they are all gonna buy them. Because for one, they are expensive and secondly they arent common at all.
If you guys wanna talk about "played out" cars, talk about every single sport compact there is (civic, integra, and yes even impreza)...not a relatively rare sports car like the supra.

James
08-02-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo Child
Bobby,
IFor tuning purposes another great German car to get would be an Audi S4. Just a thought.:thumbsup:

Voodoo

Yes, If your lookin into the M3, definatly check out the Audi S4, not as many of them around, not that there are a whole lot of Supra's or M's, but still, S4's are very phat cars, there is one on the lot right now at South Centre Fine cars, you should check it out.:thumbsup: :burnout:

Evan
08-02-2002, 04:40 PM
I have never seen an S4 in person. Only A4's ;)

Hakkola
08-02-2002, 07:02 PM
"There are plenty of good mods out for the '96> OBD2 cars so there is no need to buy the older one."

I didn't know we don't have 95 M3's. I never said there weren't good good mods for the OBD2, but the fact is OBDI cars react a whole lot better to the mods. I've heard of people removing OBD2 from their car's and replacing it with OBDI because there is more potential and it is easier to realize gains.

redline
08-02-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by E36S50B32

"Played out". WTF does this mean? Anyone have a dictionary handy with the definition? Maybe I am from a different world but I don't buy a car based on who else owns them, what movies they are in, etc. A great car is always a great car, regardless of how many people have them or what is being said about them at the time. If it is cool to have an unusual car why aren't you guys all driving Maserati's, 911's, Audi quattro coupes, etc.

Rob

I will drop off the white man's guide to ebonics on Sat. for you! :rofl:

2000impreza
08-02-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Joe Malms

Yeah...but that doesnt mean they are all gonna buy them. Because for one, they are expensive and secondly they arent common at all.
If you guys wanna talk about "played out" cars, talk about every single sport compact there is (civic, integra, and yes even impreza)...not a relatively rare sports car like the supra.

this thread was started by someone wanting to sell their prelude and buy either a M coupe or supra. they did not mention buying a civic, integra, impreza...etc. so YES i think the supra is played out COMPARED to the M coupe. that is just my opinion.

how many done up M coupe's are there in calgary compared to the number of done up supra's?

D'z Nutz
08-02-2002, 08:16 PM
M3 was never an option for the original poster's car. Rather, he was referring to this: http://www.bmwusa.com/assets_client/vehicles/M/0126/0126_main.gif

Courtesy of of bmwusa.com :D

2000impreza
08-02-2002, 08:23 PM
crap. sorry about that. i went back and edited my post. i think i gotta get my eyes checked :nut: haha.

WBB6
08-02-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
M3 was never an option for the original poster's car. Rather, he was referring to this: http://www.bmwusa.com/assets_client/vehicles/M/0126/0126_main.gif

Courtesy of of bmwusa.com :D

Thanks! That's the car!!!

rage2
08-02-2002, 08:56 PM
Now, before everyone starts throwing around opinions go drive both cars, or better yet buy both and try them out :p

Or make friends with high rollers so you can try theirs out like I do =).

4wheeldrift
08-02-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by rage2

So thats what I've been doing wrong :burnout:

Angisio
08-02-2002, 09:16 PM
Why wouldn't he go the extra 5k and just buy the M3? Its the same speed and it holds more people.

buh_buh
08-02-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Angisio
Why wouldn't he go the extra 5k and just buy the M3? Its the same speed and it holds more people.
personal preference.

Angisio
08-02-2002, 09:27 PM

personal preference.

True

WBB6
08-02-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Angisio

Well first of all, I don't need to drive more than one person, cos I HATE driving alot of people...haha

second I want a car that is "not common" and "rare"...but that brings the problem that both of the cars that I am thinking about are rare, and VERY hard to find...I saw a 94 Supra the guy was asking $65,000!!! now that's crazy...:nut:

Ben
08-03-2002, 12:06 AM

Well first of all, I don't need to drive more than one person, cos I HATE driving alot of people...haha

second I want a car that is "not common" and "rare"...but that brings the problem that both of the cars that I am thinking about are rare, and VERY hard to find...I saw a 94 Supra the guy was asking $65,000!!! now that's crazy...:nut:

Yeah man...thats what I say dude, my sig...

Both are sweet cars...I dont know what car I would go with.

I fell in love with Mau's supra when I first saw it at SS, and then when I was at V8Less...That car was DAMN SWEET and I saw it befor TFATF.

Who ever says that the supra in that movie sucked is also messed up, that was a beautiful car...a bit generous on decals but its a movie, what do you expect...not everyone who goes to see a movie has such discriminating tastes...

Of all the M3's out there, I think I like Thomas' the most...so damn...its a hard one for you I'm sure...

Just go with your instink man, I'm sure you wont be disappointed with what ever car you choose...

legendboy
08-03-2002, 12:08 AM

I will drop off the white man's guide to ebonics on Sat. for you! :rofl:

lmao hahaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SilverStreak
08-03-2002, 10:33 AM
Why don't you keep the Lude for a beater and get what you really like rather than what people think is cool or hot or sick or one nobody else has just for the sake of it.

Evan
08-03-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by SilverStreak
Why don't you keep the Lude for a beater and get what you really like rather than what people think is cool or hot or sick or one nobody else has just for the sake of it.

Maybe he needs the money to buy one of these cars? :dunno:

4wheeldrift
08-03-2002, 10:41 AM
or one nobody else has just for the sake of it.
A purple '74 gremlin? :devil:

buh_buh
08-03-2002, 11:36 AM
sorry, we're not high rollers like you. :rolleyes:

Although Bobby might be.....

Redlyne_mr2
08-03-2002, 12:27 PM
those m coupes are awesome but they look kind of liek cockroaches not sure what to think of them

Evan
08-03-2002, 12:30 PM
They look like a dragon head (The M Coupe).

Pretty cool and different looking.

SilverStreak
08-03-2002, 01:36 PM

sorry, we're not high rollers like you. :rolleyes:

Although Bobby might be.....

You weren't the poster asking the question, so my suggestion didn't apply to you. Bobby seems to be the "high roller" so he should be able to afford it, why let all the mods that he did to the Lude go to waste.

spyguy
08-03-2002, 01:52 PM

You weren't the poster asking the question, so my suggestion didn't apply to you. Bobby seems to be the "high roller" so he should be able to afford it, why let all the mods that he did to the Lude go to waste.

I think the point of of this was that he want to GET RID of the car completely and get a new one. He's stated to me that he was sick of his car, So why would he wanna keep the car at all for that matter..

plus he doesnt drive the lude in the winter so im pretty sure he's got a "beater"

girlRACER
08-03-2002, 02:37 PM
I have had some "outside" pressure from a "Certain Special" individual telling me to sell the lude...

:love: :) :D
Just want you to know...you don't need to buy another car to impress anyone. Your Prelude is very very nice already. But if you're gonna get a new car get an SLK!!! hehehe

E36M3
08-03-2002, 03:08 PM
An important advantage that the M3 has over the M Coupe which has not yet been mentioned (and to be honest would probably not matter to most people) is that the suspension is far superior. The M Coupe uses the rear suspension from the E30M3, and feels very fluttery in hard cornering. Although it is more rigid than the M Roadster, it still does not feel very confident to me.

BTW- I agree with you on the Supra. I prefer the E36 M3 to the Supra as well, even with less power. I've been on a search for a new car for the last two years, and haven't found anything that I like enough to get rid of my M3.

The exception, of course, being an F360, but it is an unreasonable amount of money, and I have other financial priorities right now and decided to buy a house instead.

I'm not 100% sure wether or not the 95 M3 was available in Canada, but I do know for sure that the 94 Euro-spec M3 was available in Canada. That would be a really fun car to own.

Sorry man, don't meant to pick on you but there is SOOOO much incorrect info in this thread. Buying a '95 M3 is a nice idea, but they were never sold in Canada! There are plenty of good mods out for the '96> OBD2 cars so there is no need to buy the older one.

Both the M Coupe and Supra MKIV are amazing cars. Both offer advantages and disadvantages, but for most circumstances I'd rather have the M Coupe, well actully an M3 Coupe :) I owned a full BPU Supra TT and while it was a great car I didn't like it as much as my M3's. Now, before everyone starts throwing around opinions go drive both cars, or better yet buy both and try them out :p

Rob

Masta Dz16
08-03-2002, 03:14 PM
94 Supra man, Ludes are really nice, and if your really thinkin of sellin go with the 94 supra, that shit is so smooth!!!:burnout:

4wheeldrift
08-03-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
I'm not 100% sure wether or not the 95 M3 was available in Canada, but I do know for sure that the 94 Euro-spec M3 was available in Canada. That would be a really fun car to own.

Good luck finding one though. They were only imported in VERY small numbers.

E36M3
08-03-2002, 03:34 PM
I was lucky enough to drive one in Toronto.. from my understanding, they are all yellow, and I think there were only 30 of them imported.

To be honest, I think that the US Spec M3 is much more suitable for North America. The Euro Spec motor is much like a Honda VTEC motor, in that it is extremely peaky. It does not have a lot of power down low in the rev range, and is best suited for very high speed driving.

The most fun I have with my car is blasting up the hills here in San Francisco, at relatively low speeds and around very tight corners, again at low speeds.

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Good luck finding one though. They were only imported in VERY small numbers.

[GaGe]
08-03-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Good way to get him to hit on you.. :rofl:

WBB6
08-04-2002, 01:13 PM
I found a few nice pics of the M Coupe, enjoy!

http://www.cca.cc/nexus/mcoupe01.jpg

http://www.cca.cc/nexus/mcoupe02.jpg

Hey look it's an SLK...hahaha

http://www.cca.cc/nexus/mcoupe05.jpg

trendkill
08-04-2002, 01:31 PM
ilike the M/// roadster a bit more,, the coupe is still pimp though

Shoobs
08-04-2002, 02:32 PM
sell the lude:thumbsup:

Ekliptix
08-04-2002, 02:36 PM

LOL
Oh man, if he was considering the M5, forget about everything else! He be like one of the select few that own one in calgary!

I see a lot more M5's then M3's in calgary.

Evan
08-04-2002, 04:38 PM
How much are you going to sell the Prelude for? Is there any pics posted on this board? :)

kevie88
08-04-2002, 05:56 PM
Damn M coupes are ugly.. and they rule! I want one. I've seen them for pretty cheap!

Shoobs
08-04-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Evan
How much are you going to sell the Prelude for? Is there any pics posted on this board? :)

ya I think I may need pics before I make a post,so I may have to retract my previous statement:rofl: