PDA

View Full Version : looking for airdrie/calgary meets

jestor
01-22-2008, 10:40 PM
hey everyone,

New to the forum, and I'm looking for people in the calgary and airdrie area that meet up and where and when. thanks.

Jlude
01-22-2008, 11:25 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/173298/does-beyond-have-weekly-meets/

all the info you need

Destinova403
01-23-2008, 02:22 AM
i went once... it was in winter like in nov or oct or somthing... right after i put my winter rims on... and i couldnt find anyone... i think i went to the wrong area, god damn huge parkade...

ill be around when the weather heats up a little bit... my car isnt embarrassing to be in.

Graham_A_M
01-23-2008, 07:41 PM
^ yeah wait until the snows off the ground, every wednesday during summer many of the beyond regulars go to those.

Cooked Rice
01-23-2008, 08:06 PM
^
lol didn't the MX6'ers use to have winter meets? unfortunetly i never made it down for one when I lived in red deer.

Graham_A_M
01-23-2008, 10:24 PM
We did. We had this meet in March some time a few years ago, at the same place. Inline6turbo was there, and a shitload of otherpeople that I dont remember.
I still remember helping push Rene's 2wd skyline up that ramp since it just snowed a fair bit the day before LOL, and it was COLD that day, yeah people came down Vancouver, Edmonton, it was awesome. A good 40 people there easily.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to attend a beyond meet since.

There really isn't a Calgary mx6 crew anymore as every single one of us sold our 6's and moved on to something else.

avow
01-23-2008, 11:04 PM
pff you think the mx6ers have it bad.... the mr2 club is so bad. every time we try to put together a meet someone always complains that their car isnt ready and then it gets delayed and then winter comes and then everyone puts their car into storage and the cycle starts over again :banghead:

Cooked Rice
01-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

There really isn't a Calgary mx6 crew anymore as every single one of us sold our 6's and moved on to something else.

I still have my first gen sitting in red deer. it's in need of body work :( but it still drives fine, and still has a 50 shot nitrous kit rigged up and ready to go from this summer before i moved lol. I havn't heard from shawn, or louis for awhile although I believe they briefly appear on the CIS board, I think Jon is still in lethbridge and he sold his turbo 626. Mike (bizzkit on mx6.com) still has his ride and i talk to him every so often, and colin (scales) moved back to the east. rough :thumbsdow

Bling
01-27-2008, 01:27 PM
I know that every Friday there is a car meet at the A&W in Airdrie by the COOP. But that won't happen until the snow and ROCKS are gone...

I tried to get the "younger" generation of car guys to meet there but didn't have much luck. I put a "tuner" car show on last May in Airdrie and had about 50 guys enter it...