PDA

View Full Version : Weird things we eat

Pages : [1] 2

legendboy
01-23-2008, 09:29 AM
I would like to hear about weird things everybody eats.

Tripe and chickens feet don't count.

I LOVE:

-Beef liver :love:

-Chicken hearts and gizzards :love:

-Beef tongue :love:

I will eat beef kidney but not a favorite. Thats all i can think of atm.

JRSC00LUDE
01-23-2008, 09:39 AM
:werd: I hated liver till I started dating my wife. Her dad marinates it all "asian style" and then bbq's it and it's awesome. Now he makes it just for me. Beef tonque too, first time I tried it was at their place and it's sooooo good! :drool:

When we started dating I pretty much decided I would try everything they offerred me regardless of what it was/looked/smelled like and most of it was pretty tasty! They only make traditional food, nothing "western" ever.

Mabe the weirdest one was marinated and grilled duck heads, the eyes and brain are actually good!

saiyajin
01-23-2008, 09:43 AM
duck tongue (they have it at dimsum)

pig ears (sometimes in viet style salads, or stewed style)

pig uterus - its what it says on the packaging!! (also used in viet salads)

:nut:

mekeni
01-23-2008, 09:53 AM
lettuce, spinach, and other leafy things that I don't eat before

JRSC00LUDE
01-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by mekeni
lettuce, spinach, and other leafy things that I don't eat before

Before what? Before you eat something weird? ;)

Another tasty one is bbq'd pig intestine!

EDIT - And deep fried crunchy style!

saiyajin
01-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Another tasty one is bbq'd pig intestine!

deep fried is better hah

badseed
01-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Filipino - Duck or Chicken Embro (Boiled), Oxe Tail Stew, Lechon (Whole BBQ Pig)

This shit is the bomb!!

Pakistan - Goat Brain, Liver

A790
01-23-2008, 10:01 AM
McDonalds. Ewwwwwwwwww

topmade
01-23-2008, 10:04 AM
^^ All of the above. I've seen the duck heads, but couldn't get myself to eat it, same thing for chicken heads.

Things to add:

Thousand year old egg
chicken feet
beef tripe (stomach lining)

Also, my wife and her parents have made: bear palm soup, turtle soup and the worst one was goat head soup. The goat head soup was freaking disgusting cause it looked like whoever killed it scared the shit out of it and cut it's head off at that moment and the freaked out look froze on the goats face, I had nightmares of that damned thing.

adam c
01-23-2008, 10:09 AM
ah u guys are sick

nj2Type-S
01-23-2008, 10:09 AM
^wtf??? goat head soup? wtf did that look like....a whole goat head on a bowl or something? hahaha :eek:

topmade
01-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
^wtf??? goat head soup? wtf did that look like....a whole goat head on a bowl or something? hahaha :eek:

I'm not sure, I didn't even get that far. I told the crazy mother in law to get rid of it after she put the head in my freezer and I didn't know about it until I searched through it and said "hey what's in this white bag", open it and it freaked the living shit out of me.

88CRX
01-23-2008, 10:16 AM
:barf: :barf: :barf:

I don't go past callamari.... even thats tough sometimes if you don't get rings but rather the whole little fuckers :barf:

tirebob
01-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Whenever a bunch of us "white folk" eat real asian food (not western) I always laugh because the white guys always poke at shit and screw up their faces and say "what is it? Is it gross?" etc because they just don't eat that kind of stuff...

Well I was at a christmas party with almost all asians and only a couple white guys and we had a couple of our traditional dishes (perogies etc) and I had to laugh cuz all the asian guys were poking at it and saying "what is it? Is it gross?" etc... LOL

I always thought it was us, but I guess it's universal to all cultures! hahahah! Don't know why I found that funny...

JordanEG6
01-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by badseed
Filipino - Duck or Chicken Embro (Boiled)

Awe man, I can't stomach some one eating that shit. I'm filipino and it grosses me out.

cityhunter2501
01-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

Awe man, I can't stomach some one eating that shit. I'm filipino and it grosses me out.

I used to like balut as a kid until when on my teen years I ate one..with feathers, have beak and feet.

I prefer penoy now since it doesn't have embryo.

I stopped eating weird food now (beside tripe and tendon), becoming too westernized.

but when I go to the Philippines this May..I gonna eat some bbq pig or beef intestine

Kritafo
01-23-2008, 10:40 AM
I am willing to try pretty much anything once. Even my kids eat beef tongue, and yes they know what it is. We don't try to trick them.

We will be celebrating Robbie Burns night with Haggis, Irn Bru cola, whipped parsnips, blood pudding, etc.

JRSC00LUDE
01-23-2008, 10:44 AM
While not a regular dish for obvious reasons, moose heart cut into strips and dipped in salt and peppered flour and fried up in a bit of oil so it makes a gravy (gotta be a cast iron pan) = Deee-luxe! :drool:

nj2Type-S
01-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by cityhunter2501

I used to like balut as a kid until when on my teen years I ate one..with feathers, have beak and feet.

I stopped eating weird food now (beside tripe and tendon), becoming too westernized.

but when I go to the Philippines this May..I gonna eat some bbq pig or beef intestine

i only eat the yellow part in the balut...the rest is sick!!!

chicken intestine is the best! i eat like 30 of them at a time, lol.

Kritafo
01-23-2008, 11:04 AM
geez..I totally forgot one people eat hot dogs!

they are full of nasty stuff!

JordanEG6
01-23-2008, 11:06 AM

I still eat Sisig. First time I tried it back home, I couldn't stop eating it. My parents waited a bit and told me Sisig was just spare peices of lechon (mostly the face) fried with a bunch of spices. I still eat it, it's so good.

Another weird as food is 'Dinigohan' (sp?). Can't eat that, it's basically a stew made from coagulated pig's blood. Everyone loves it, but I can't eat it haha.

cityhunter2501
01-23-2008, 11:12 AM

I still eat Sisig. First time I tried it back home, I couldn't stop eating it. My parents waited a bit and told me Sisig was just spare peices of lechon (mostly the face) fried with a bunch of spices. I still eat it, it's so good.

Another weird as food is 'Dinigohan' (sp?). Can't eat that, it's basically a stew made from coagulated pig's blood. Everyone loves it, but I can't eat it haha.

sisig is good especially with bear :thumbsup:
I occasionally eat dinuguan (i think thats how you spell it).
it depends on how its made, if blood is thick I like it, if soupey not much.

n1zm0
01-23-2008, 11:17 AM
i was gonna say tripe/tendon any way cooked and deep fried intestine from pebble street:drool:

durian is an every month thing at my house (Malaysia ftw!) even though its not weird, i know caucasians cant stand it

edit: oh ya and jellyfish in sesame oil, beef tongue boiled, pigs blood, deep fried fish/crab eggs, century eggs & congee(bur bur) birds nest soup when i can afford it.

also had iguana, crocodile (exactly like shrimp but better) and various snake soups.

parents always said i could survive in rural chinese villages no problem.

RX_EVOLV
01-23-2008, 11:20 AM
I LOVE eating snakes. one of my fav.. Had owl meat in China once, that was interesting.... also fresh crocodile made to order.. that was also interesting..

Kritafo
01-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
i was gonna say tripe/tendon any way cooked and deep fried intestine from pebble street:drool:

durian is an every month thing at my house, even though its not weird, i know caucasians cant stand it

edit: oh ya and jellyfish in sesame oil, beef tongue boiled, pigs blood, deep fried fish/crab eggs, century eggs & congee(bur bur) birds nest soup when i can afford it.

Wait...I am a white and I love Durian. I just don't know how to pick them from the market. I normally just get someone to do it for me.

How do you pick a good one?

nj2Type-S
01-23-2008, 11:28 AM
anyone tried dog??

i remember back in the philippines a long ass time ago, there was this shop where they'd freakin bbq dogs with flame throwers or something, lol, and the worst part was it was rigiht next to our classroom. man, that stunk sooo bad!!! :thumbsdow

i can't even stomach the fact that people eat dogs to begin with! :barf:

Jlude
01-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I've never actually tried it... but a guy I worked with who lives in three hills told me that some hutterites (sp) eat a soup called walkers and talkers... it's chicken feet and beaks... don't know if it's true or not... weird though

n1zm0
01-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Kritafo

Wait...I am a white and I love Durian. I just don't know how to pick them from the market. I normally just get someone to do it for me.

How do you pick a good one?

^ its hard to get nice ones from here cause they're imported from Thailand frozen, if the seed/flesh moves inside it is usually ripe enough and has the classic strong smell to it. other than that, if you are in a country that has it abundant, just ask if it's durian season! :thumbsup:

edit: ps: dont drink booze after eating it, salt water right after eating (gargle it) so you dont have future mouth issues

Kritafo
01-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0

^ its hard to get nice ones from here cause they're imported from Thailand frozen, if the seed/flesh moves inside it is usually ripe enough and has the classic strong smell to it. other than that, if you are in a country that has it abundant, just ask if it's durian season! :thumbsup:

ps: dont drink after eating it, salt water right after eating so you dont have future stomach issues

Some Thai friends told us that you can't even take durian into the hotels, there are signs. That will be sad, the number 1 reason I want to go to Asia is for the fruits/food everything else is bonus.

While slightly off topic...but still food. Anyone know where to buy the rice, beans with coconut milk in the bamboo here? I found it once frozen at a market...but can't remember where. I love that stuff.

cityhunter2501
01-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
anyone tried dog??

i remember back in the philippines a long ass time ago, there was this shop where they'd freakin bbq dogs with flame throwers or something, lol, and the worst part was it was rigiht next to our classroom. man, that stunk sooo bad!!! :thumbsdow

i can't even stomach the fact that people eat dogs to begin with! :barf:

my dad used to eat wild dogs in the philippines
one of my uncle, killed and eat their dog because he was aggressive and bite everyone

Dave P
01-23-2008, 11:46 AM
I like cheddar cheese and strawberry jam on toast

Im crazy wild

JRSC00LUDE
01-23-2008, 12:04 PM
I also really like Beef Laap, some people find that weird.

Wife eats spicy papaya salad. :barf: I think it's the stink of the crab/shrimp paste that makes me unable to eat that stuff.

bobby_lu
01-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
I like cheddar cheese and strawberry jam on toast

Im crazy wild

Alot of our family eats this combo with raspberry/strawberry jam, damn good.:thumbsup:

Quinsonaaa
01-23-2008, 12:18 PM
i eat goat

JordanEG6
01-23-2008, 12:18 PM
I also really like Beef Laap, some people find that weird.

Wife eats spicy papaya salad. :barf: I think it's the stink of the crab/shrimp paste that makes me unable to eat that stuff.

HAHA shrimp past smells like shit. My family eats that with mangos.

sh0ko
01-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin
duck tongue (they have it at dimsum)

pig ears (sometimes in viet style salads, or stewed style)

pig uterus - its what it says on the packaging!! (also used in viet salads)

:nut:

AHAHA for a second i thought u said dick tongue haha i was like wtf!!!!

chiken feet and pidgeon ftmfw

Quinsonaaa
01-23-2008, 12:20 PM
hahaha its called bagooong or something

adam c
01-23-2008, 12:22 PM

that shrimp paste is disgusting regardless what its on

nj2Type-S
01-23-2008, 12:22 PM
^lol, that stuff stinks but so good w/ rice, lol...

mekeni
01-23-2008, 12:24 PM

I don't eat leafs or other greens before... it's always meat that's why eating salad seems weird to me.

cityhunter2501

spicy shrimp paste on green mangos :drool:

Quinsonaaa
its good with some stuff :D

PINOY-X
01-23-2008, 12:32 PM
hahaha all these filipino food .. lol ... hahaha...

GQBalla
01-23-2008, 12:33 PM
i must try it -
shrimp paste is pretty good - but with mango???

ill always try something once -
only thing i didn't like is durian.

ahha but that was when i was 12 - i will try it again someday

cityhunter2501
01-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
i must try it -
shrimp paste is pretty good - but with mango???

matt, green mango which is sour so shrimp paste go well with it. :drool:

still have to try durian

DENZILDON
01-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Its spelled "bagoong". There is a fish version too. I pretty much eat anything. From Balut to chicken/pig intestines.

Weirdest I guess would be Frog, snakes, reptile(bayawak in Filipino). The bat and some some kind of insect tops them all.

JRSC00LUDE
01-23-2008, 12:53 PM
While I only ate it in Laos, deep fried crickets are surprisingly tasty as well.

Mmmmmmm.....damn I love food!

DENZILDON, how was frog? Wouldn't mind trying that out.

PINOY-X
01-23-2008, 12:59 PM
frogs are actually pretty tastety ...
you should really give it a try ....

bagoong is good with mangos ( green ones still hard and sour ) lol its also good with ox tail stew ( caldereta? i think thats what its called haha)

01RedDX
01-23-2008, 01:02 PM

DENZILDON
01-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Frogs are like chicken. I ate it Tinola style and Fried too!!

Trini
01-23-2008, 01:22 PM
shark for now.

Strider
01-23-2008, 01:57 PM
T&T Supermarket

While slightly off topic...but still food. Anyone know where to buy the rice, beans with coconut milk in the bamboo here? I found it once frozen at a market...but can't remember where. I love that stuff.

abyss
01-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Love chicken heart, liver, beef heart, so good! :drool:
I also enjoy haggis but never get a chance to eat it. Had frog in Vietnam, super tasty! At the wedding all our "white" guests got to try jellyfish for the first time (but we didn't have menus so they didn't know what it was) had lots of people come up to me afterward and go, "man, there was something weird about those crunchy noodles...." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: if only they knew.....

Couldn't stomach trying the duck embryo though.

cityhunter2501
01-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by PINOY-X
frogs are actually pretty tastety ...
you should really give it a try ....

bagoong is good with mangos ( green ones still hard and sour ) lol its also good with ox tail stew ( caldereta? i think thats what its called haha)

by ox tail stew do you mean kare-kare?
http://www.freerecipeonline.net/pictures/1173164930Kare%20kare

legendboy
01-23-2008, 02:19 PM
I am willing to try pretty much anything once. Even my kids eat beef tongue, and yes they know what it is. We don't try to trick them.

We will be celebrating Robbie Burns night with Haggis, Irn Bru cola, whipped parsnips, blood pudding, etc.

I had blood pudding in a vegas hotel, didn't like it all that much but i am willing to bet it wasn't all that good to begin with. Never had the oppourtunity to have haggis yet.

While not a regular dish for obvious reasons, moose heart cut into strips and dipped in salt and peppered flour and fried up in a bit of oil so it makes a gravy (gotta be a cast iron pan) = Deee-luxe! :drool:

Oh dang i forgot to include beef heart in my list! :drool: Getting hard to find though...

clem24
01-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Last time I had frog, it tasted just like fishy chicken. Bleh. I love trying different things... Snake soup (thick) is one of my absolute faves (and apparently the place that I loved going to in Hong Kong is now closed :cry: ) Among the things not mentioned here or seldom mentioned:

- deep fried scorpion
- pigs blood, though I hear it's now really dyed chicken blood, not sure
- uni (lol surprise no one mentioned that - the gonads of the sea urchin)

Umm.. Can't think of much else that hasn't already been mentioned. I don't really like anything pig related (like intestines, fried or steamed, pig stomach soup, etc...). Everytime I eat it I want to puke cause it smells like farm. And then there's whitey shit that disgusts me like blue cheese... :barf:

iceburns288
01-23-2008, 02:25 PM
The weirdest thing I eat is probably those flavor-smash Doritos or whatever they call them. I eat pretty simple food:dunno: .

Speed_69
01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
duck tongue, frog legs, & deep fried pig instestine..yummy! :drool:

Ferio_vti
01-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

I had blood pudding in a vegas hotel, didn't like it all that much but i am willing to bet it wasn't all that good to begin with. Never had the oppourtunity to have haggis yet.

Haggis is okay. Like a thick oatmeal with some organ meats. Best served with mash potatoe and turnips.

Anyone for fish heads?? too much work for so little meat.

legendboy
01-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

ya thats same with chickens feet imo

GQBalla
01-23-2008, 02:58 PM
whats wrong with fish heads?

my mom makes good soup with fish heads.

and when i eat fish heads you have to fish for the cheek meet of the fish.

so tender. and silky

JRSC00LUDE
01-23-2008, 03:00 PM

When I go up north every spring to fish, you can cut the cheeks out of walleye (pickerel). Real lightly fried in a bit of butter/salt after lightly dusting them in flour is super! And, hardly anyone does it so you can pretty much stand there and take the heads from everyone else's fish in the filleting house and end up with a huge plate of them if you want.

brucebanner
01-23-2008, 03:11 PM
my girlsfriend eats man penis :clap:

Amysicle
01-23-2008, 03:13 PM

by ox tail stew do you mean kare-kare?
http://www.freerecipeonline.net/pictures/1173164930Kare%20kare

Uhhh, my mom made some sort of oxtail soup I liked, but it looked nothing like that. It was more like a broth or something. That's about the weirdest. Maybe quail or shark fin soup. You guys are really adventurous!

01RedDX
01-23-2008, 03:18 PM

JRSC00LUDE
01-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by bruceod
my girlsfriend eats man penis :clap:

I assume she's seeing someone else on the side then? :D

brucebanner
01-23-2008, 03:59 PM

I assume she's seeing someone else on the side then?

I got to stop leaving beyond open. Fucking co - workers and what they think are funny jokes :dunno:

badseed
01-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by PINOY-X
hahaha all these filipino food .. lol ... hahaha...

:werd: Most Filipino food is an aquired taste and just too much for the western palate.............but I can see why.

Kare-Kare is the SH!T (Oxe Tail Stew)

mo_money2supe
01-23-2008, 04:37 PM
I love eating all the foods that most people wouldn't touch (at least not with their tongues), ie. Durian, Escargots, "Stinky Tofu" from HK, etc. The way I see it is, as long as it tastes good and is edible, I'll eat it - no matter what it is.

Spoons
01-23-2008, 04:55 PM
I love, like LOVE LOVE LOVE pigs feet.... mmmm

bamboo403
01-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by adam c

that shrimp paste is disgusting regardless what its on

False
Have it with Tilapia mango onion and tomato. So good :drool:

rmk
01-23-2008, 05:26 PM
boogers

nj2Type-S
01-23-2008, 05:27 PM
shrimp paste with vinegar on a banana... :drool:

lol, jk

Hakkola
01-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Mustamakkara, or blood sausage. I've only had it a couple times. I'm not going to lie, it doesn't taste great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustamakkara

300zxfairlday
01-23-2008, 05:33 PM
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

GETTING SICK JUST READING THIS lol

Ferio_vti
01-23-2008, 07:35 PM
On the other hand, I think white people that put soya sauce on rice and eat it straight up like that absolutely gross
:barf: :barf:

01RedDX
01-23-2008, 07:41 PM

j.ng-
01-23-2008, 07:43 PM
On the other hand, I think white people that put soya sauce on rice and eat it straight up like that absolutely gross

+1
its disgusting in its own smaller form

bamboo403
01-23-2008, 08:14 PM

No bro Ive seen worse. Ketchup on rice and not as a dare...wtf.

JordanEG6
01-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by bamboo403

haha I know people who eat pizza pops and white rice. or processed cheese slices and rice...:barf:

n1zm0
01-23-2008, 08:39 PM

ya i dont understand this either, where do these people get off??!?

j/k but i really dont understand it, it's like putting salad dressing on mashed potatoes, same thing.

Slashin_
01-23-2008, 08:40 PM
deep fried pig intesines
duck tongue
chicken feet
duck feet
ox tail
liver
pig stomach
glizzards
chicken hearts
beef stomach
pig skin
baby ducks in egg
thosand year old peserved egg(asian people know what its is)
pig feet (bun bo hue)
pig tongue
fish sauce /w mango
pizza /w broccoli

kevie88
01-23-2008, 08:41 PM
I got a taste of Vegimite in australia.. good stuff. Processesed Yeast Extract FTW!! yum.

I'm pretty much game to eat anything. Made a delicious ground Deermeat spaghetti last night! :)

Rat Fink
01-23-2008, 08:44 PM

legendboy
01-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe
[B]Escargots

oh dang i forgot about thoes little buggers, so good baked with butter, salt, garlic, parm :drool:

4wheeldrift
01-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Not overly weird per se but I quite enjoy bison meat, I use ground bison in meatloaf and meat sauces for pasta.

I tried beef carpaccio at one point, that was an interesting experience. It's basically tenderloin thats been seared just long enough on the outside to have some color to it and the rest is completely raw. It wasn't bad but wasn't really my thing. Definitely an experience tho.

grrrouch
01-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
I got a taste of Vegimite in australia.. good stuff. Processesed Yeast Extract FTW!! yum.

I'm pretty much game to eat anything. Made a delicious ground Deermeat spaghetti last night! :)

vegimite is fucking sick oh man I duno how you can handle that shit.

anhsicun
01-23-2008, 10:17 PM

there this guy i know who eats white rice with milk looks sick. Goat is also good but i reallie like eating snakes thier the shit. i had this one uncle who came here from vietnam yrs ago and he use to like to eat cat meat. so when he 1st came here he went to teh gorcery store and bought cat food as he thought they were cat meat. ate that shit for 2 weeks until some one told him it was cat food.

reno97637
01-24-2008, 12:44 AM
Never tried beef tripe? Go to T&T, grab some omasa beef tripe. Boil it, drain it, cut it into tiny strips, add some diced up ginger, onions, a dash of salt and pepper, and add vinegar to your liking.

I used to eat all of that exotic Filipino stuff back in the day. Wifey is really picky so I have to eat what she eats.

Cooked Rice
01-24-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by bamboo403

I use to eat ketchup on rice all the time when i was younger. it tastes like that uncle bens tomato rice lol.

Gondi Stylez
01-24-2008, 04:17 AM
Chocolate covered caterpillars
Sweetbreads (calves glands)
Beef tripe
Game meats (buffalo, elk, venison [deer], caribou, moose, etc.)
Game birds (quail, hens, pheasant, ostrich, duck, pigeons, wild boar, etc.)
Foie gras (duck and/or goose liver)
Liver
Chicken hearts (esp. on pizza)
Eggs (ostrich, quail, duck)
Escargot (snails)
Raw foods (oysters, fish, etc.)
Monkfish
Roe/Caviar (fish eggs including salmon, lobster, tuna, sturgeon, etc.)
Truffles (black and white)
Wild mushrooms (lobster, porchini, maitake, etc.)
Tamalley (lobster live and pancreas)
Frog legs
Oxtail
Bone marrow
Squid Ink
Squid (LOVE the heads!!)
Octopus
Cow tongue
Turkey/Chicken innards
Uni (gonads of a sea urchin)
Blood oranges
Blue cheese (the stinkier, the runnier, the BETTER)
Fiddlehead ferns
Dandelion greens
Andouillette sausage
Blood sausage
Bitter melon
100% chocolate
Cup cheese (this liquid cheese... looks like boogers)
Durian
Head cheese (pretty much a terrine from head meat of a pig)
Pork rind

I'm tired now.... ;)

old&slow
01-24-2008, 06:22 AM
cod tongues! Very tasty

DENZILDON
01-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by anhsicun

i had this one uncle who came here from vietnam yrs ago and he use to like to eat cat meat. so when he 1st came here he went to teh gorcery store and bought cat food as he thought they were cat meat. ate that shit for 2 weeks until some one told him it was cat food.

That's Funny!!!! :rofl: :D :bigpimp:

JRSC00LUDE
01-24-2008, 09:21 AM
You easterners likely know it, last year someone I worked with from N.B. brought some jars of canned lobster meat back here. That shit was amazing!

PINOY-X
01-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Kare-kare is the sh!t !!!! .. wow i havent that actually in a while lol ....:drool:

adam c
01-24-2008, 09:39 AM
i eat rice and soy sauce.. its good :thumbsup:

Dave P
01-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Whats wrong with soya sauce on rice? just for the record

legendboy
01-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by anhsicun
i had this one uncle who came here from vietnam yrs ago and he use to like to eat cat meat. so when he 1st came here he went to teh gorcery store and bought cat food as he thought they were cat meat. ate that shit for 2 weeks until some one told him it was cat food.

:rofl:

abyss
01-24-2008, 11:08 AM
haha I forgot Akutaq! I had it a few times when I was living up in NWT. It actually wasn't as bad as it sounds on Wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akutaq

Hampstor gets all disgusted every time I eat rice, cause I eat it with a shitload of butter and soya sauce mixed in. SOOOO good :drool:

AyNaku
01-24-2008, 11:18 AM
dinuguan.........yummy...
fred beef steak with soy sauce and onion yummy....
sisig yummy
fishbol....yummy
taho (tofu) yummy
frog...taste like chicken....yummy
tripe with arozcaldo.....yummy
penoy & balut ......yummy
lechon ...yummy
bopis...yummy
adobong baboy / chicken ...yummy

too many to mention.....yummy.....

now i wanna go home to philippines...........