PDA

View Full Version : New Show: Moment of Truth

rage2
01-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Anyone watch this shit? This show is out to ruin relationships, careers, and lives. Fucking love every minute of it! :rofl:

The first guy's wife is pretty fucking hot, and I think they're done after his appearance on the show.

Link to the site:

http://www.fox.com/momentoftruth/

badatusrnames
01-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Haha that is horrible... but like a car wreck, I know I'll find myself watching. This kinda reminds me of when Maury has polygraph tests on his show.

I would never willingly submit myself to one of those things, they are far too unreliable and unfortunately too many people (including law enforcement and judges) see them as being 100% accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygraph#Reliability

kgeig254
01-24-2008, 09:23 AM
The show is pretty sweet, except I do have to say it is VERY SLOW. They ask 21 questions in total for each contestant and they get more interesting as they go along. Skip the pussy questions at the beginning and let's get to the good stuff. They really know how to milk time on this show.

spyce
01-24-2008, 09:25 AM
damnit i missed it?!
i was looking forward to this show all month long lol

kgeig254
01-24-2008, 09:25 AM
This is from www.realitytvworld.com

WOW...that is all i can say.

"Fox originally announced it had ordered The Moment of the Truth back in August under the working title of Nothing But the Truth. The series is based on a Columbian game show that has spawned similar series in 23 additional countries, including Spain, Brazil, Germany, France, Italy and the U.K.

Despite its high ratings and international spinoffs, the show's original Columbian edition -- which featured a maximum prize of $50,000 -- was recently canceled after a contestant won $25,000 by admitting she had hired someone to kill her husband."

Kaos
01-24-2008, 09:28 AM
I watched the the first half.
This is such a good gameshow.

I like how he was asked
"Is the reason your holding out on kids is because you don't think Catia will be your life-long partner?"

"YES"

"That answer is.............TRUE"

BAHAHAHAHAAH

01RedDX
01-24-2008, 09:39 AM

adam c
01-24-2008, 09:45 AM
i didn't even know this show existed.. i think i need to watch fox more

looks like it would be interesting

rage2
01-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I don't mind the pauses, because they allow us to focus on the family and friend's reactions before the "truth" or not. The look on Catia's face as the questions went along? Fucking priceless!

BTW - Howard Stern has been doing this to celebs for YEARS now. Another idea ripped off from Stern. Wonder if he's gonna sue again.

googe
01-24-2008, 10:49 AM
I don't get this show at all. There is no point at all in lying. The first guy that got busted lying knew he took a lie detector, knew that if he lied it would immediately say so, but he lied anyway. Wtf?

So you get a hard question that you don't want to admit to. You have the choice of admitting it and looking bad, or not admitting it, the lie detector saying that it was true, and you looking just as bad. For the show to make any sense at all, they have to make some way that you could conceivably get away with lying.

Also, the show knows exactly what questions to ask them, because they'll just look at the preliminary lie detector results and pick the hard ones that they had to lie about.

And yeah, I hate how they drag it out, because it wastes too much time on the uninteresting questions and it takes forever to get through a contestant.

adam c
01-24-2008, 10:53 AM
there are ways to get around lie detectors, its not easy but its possible

badatusrnames
01-24-2008, 11:02 AM
^^:werd: Aldrich Ames passed two of them, yet innocent people have had their lives ruined by them. They are at the most 90% effective and at the worst 61% or less.

Some psychologists classify polygraphs as pseudo-science.

Eleanor
01-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Don't they have to calibrate a polygraph to cater to the individual first? By asking you stuff like your name and age?

Couldn't you then force nervousness and trick them into thinking you're just a generally nervous person?

BenC
01-24-2008, 11:24 AM
lol ocean's 13 style? ^^

403Gemini
01-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
Haha that is horrible... but like a car wreck, I know I'll find myself watching. This kinda reminds me of when Maury has polygraph tests on his show.

I would never willingly submit myself to one of those things, they are far too unreliable and unfortunately too many people (including law enforcement and judges) see them as being 100% accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygraph#Reliability

Actually... a polygraph cant be used in a courtroom due to them being fairly unreliable

kerry
01-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Hahaha
This show was great.

Definitely going to be a good series to follow!

403Gemini
01-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Think of it this wya, you answer something that your girlfriend/wife didnt want to hear, they leave you - you're still rich :D

rage2
01-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Think of it this wya, you answer something that your girlfriend/wife didnt want to hear, they leave you - you're still rich :D
Assuming you make it to $500,000...

First you would be taxed on it, leaving you with $270,000. Then, community property laws on a separation or divorce, you lose 1/2 of that, leaving you with $135,000. Tack on lawyer fees (It'll probably get pretty nasty lol), a cheap divorce lawyer with all the fighting that'll be involved, $30k. Leaving you with $105k. Now, if you want to keep the house and kick her out, you'd have to buy out her half. If your house is worth $210k, the rest of the $105k goes towards that. So you get embarassed to shit, lose your wife/gf, and have nothing to show for it except for an empty house lol. So ya, definately now leaving rich haha.

If the guy breaks up with the girl on the show, then anything he makes afterwards (the winnings here) will not fall under community property laws. That'd probably be fought hard in court tho haha. It'd be funny to see someone 1/2 way thru the game break up, kick the girl to the curb, and just tell the truth all the way to the end.

There is no way you can "win" in this game. We thought about it pretty hard yesterday watching the show.

Jlude
01-24-2008, 12:22 PM
HOLY SHIT!! I gotta watch this, I just watched some vids from the link that rage posted...

Those questions are awesome! :rofl: :rofl:

anarchy
01-24-2008, 12:31 PM
It's definitely an interesting concept, but I agree with those that said it is incredibly slow.

I don't mind a few dramatic pauses here and there, but they drag it out WAYY too long. They need to move quicker and get to the tough questions, not ask 3-4 questions before each commercial break.

And the top prize is $500,000 which is okay but not great, but I doubt most people would even get that high.

But Catia (first wife) was definitely smoking!
:bigpimp:

mark4091
01-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by googe
For the show to make any sense at all, they have to make some way that you could conceivably get away with lying.

With the type of test the show uses you could get away with lying. The test measures the amount of stress when you say you're answer.

So the guy on the show when he lost last night may not have actually been lying when he was kicked off, he may have not been sure.

beecue
01-24-2008, 02:12 PM
:drool: Catia .. what a fake kiss at the end ... you know they broke up haha ... I think the pauses suck too .. way too long ... 1-2 sec is ok ... not 10

BenC
01-24-2008, 02:31 PM
i heard on the radio that one lady got arrested and put to jail because she said yes to having a hit on her husband (as said above)
which i think is total bullshit. not sure if its true though heard it on vibe

doanashk
01-25-2008, 09:44 PM
I watched this as well, all I kept thinking of is, how ridculously awesome it is. It's such a Trainwreck. Stupid Americans, who in their right mind would go on a show and risk their entire life to "hopefully" win some money that they get taxed 50% on? HA HA HA stupid.
That last dude brought his BOSS, what the fuck is he thinking!?
Is it just me, or have we entered an even crueler game show era than ever before??

Ed the SOHC
01-26-2008, 02:56 PM
I wanted it to speed up because I can't imagine what kind of questions they would ask for the higher money..

theken
01-26-2008, 03:42 PM
it says i cant watch it, because i dont live in the states, what the shit

googe
02-25-2008, 11:45 PM
anyone see it tonight?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

gpomp
02-25-2008, 11:49 PM
yes. great episode. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Supa Dexta
02-25-2008, 11:49 PM
yeah garbage.. that show sucks, they repeat every part of the show a dozen times..

eur0.doll.
02-26-2008, 12:17 AM
i felt SO bad for husband

whata bitch

"are you a good person"

"yes"

'FALSE!!!"

googe
02-26-2008, 12:19 AM
yeah i cant stand how long they take and how much time they waste. but its still hard to not watch.

JordanEG6
02-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by doanashk
I watched this as well, all I kept thinking of is, how ridculously awesome it is. It's such a Trainwreck. Stupid Americans, who in their right mind would go on a show and risk their entire life to "hopefully" win some money that they get taxed 50% on? HA HA HA stupid.

:werd:

Tonight, one girl admitted to adultry, admitted to not being happy with her marriage, admitted that she was still in love with her ex-boyfriend AND admitted to wanting to leave her husband for her ex-boyfriend, THEN she has the nerve to answer "Yes" to "Do you think you're a good person", which was "False". Therefor, after all that, came out with nothing. Hahahaha....*sigh* what Amercians will do for money. On the plus side, it DOES clear out some skeletons from the closet, but how greedy can you get?!?!

Originally posted by doanashk

That last dude brought his BOSS, what the fuck is he thinking!?
Is it just me, or have we entered an even crueler game show era than ever before??

You apparently haven't seen Japanese Television :rofl:. J/K, I do agree it is 'cruel' in terms of 'emotional tomenting' haha.

JordanEG6
02-26-2008, 12:47 AM
I don't get this show at all. There is no point at all in lying. The first guy that got busted lying knew he took a lie detector, knew that if he lied it would immediately say so, but he lied anyway. Wtf?

So you get a hard question that you don't want to admit to. You have the choice of admitting it and looking bad, or not admitting it, the lie detector saying that it was true, and you looking just as bad. For the show to make any sense at all, they have to make some way that you could conceivably get away with lying.

My take is that, they take the polygraph test prior to the show, which is like 20 or so questions. You answer them, but they do not reveal "true" or "false" to the contestant, but will be recorded either "true" or "false". Then the producers will pick and choose which ones will be re-asked when the show starts. So all the contestants do is re-answer them to find out if in fact they are lying or not based on the results of the test before the show. So really, the contestants don't know if they answered the question truthfully until it comes up on the air.

urbannomad
02-26-2008, 12:48 AM
I've never seen it, probably never will.

what is it with the quality of shows these days???
and that new show....
"my dad is better than yours"???
:nut:

LuxCars
02-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

:werd:

Tonight, one girl admitted to adultry, admitted to not being happy with her marriage, admitted that she was still in love with her ex-boyfriend AND admitted to wanting to leave her husband for her ex-boyfriend, THEN she has the nerve to answer "Yes" to "Do you think you're a good person", which was "False". Therefor, after all that, came out with nothing. Hahahaha....*sigh* what Amercians will do for money. On the plus side, it DOES clear out some skeletons from the closet, but how greedy can you get?!

I was in complete shock when i saw that tonight. She also admitted to stealing money from work.
Her life is now ruined, the sad thing is her parents were cheering her on to go for the money. Their reasoning "you've already done the hard part, just keep going"

Godfuader
02-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Wow, what a freak show! Saw it for the first time tonight...and probably the last time. Commercials every 5 mins, replay most scenes 10x...and in the end the chick loves her ex, would rather be married to him, hides the fact that she is married, has cheated on her husband, stole from her work...and is not a nice person <-- that was gold! :rofl:

rvd
02-26-2008, 01:06 AM
First time I watched tonight, and wow, this show is good stuff.

eur0.doll.
02-26-2008, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by LuxCars

I was in complete shock when i saw that tonight. She also admitted to stealing money from work.
Her life is now ruined, the sad thing is her parents were cheering her on to go for the money. Their reasoning &quot;you've already done the hard part, just keep going&quot;

the best part was when her ex came out and was like "wpuld you leave your husband if i wanted to get back together with you"
and the husband said he wanted to hear it
so the sister pressed the button to avoid hearing it.

the husband looked like he was ready to smack a bitch.

SneakyNeek
02-26-2008, 10:41 PM
yeaa haha that guy got owned by his wife. id be surprised if there still together

rage2
02-26-2008, 11:55 PM
He's a cop. She's so getting capped :rofl:.

Like I said before, if you don't do stupid shit you're not gonna get shot. She's definately getting shot sometime in her life.

BTW - u guys have to get a PVR or something. Because of so much repeating content, I finish the show in 15 mins. Perfect time filler for hockey game intermissions.

googe
02-29-2008, 02:47 AM
seems someones marriage is on the rocks...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23289825-13762,00.html

badatusrnames
02-29-2008, 07:23 AM
seems someones marriage is on the rocks...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23289825-13762,00.html

What a shock!

Xtrema
02-29-2008, 11:36 PM
http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2008/02/28

Here's the vid

icecreamvan
03-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Just saw the first 5 episodes. Great show!
I wonder if the producer's the same Howard Schultz as the Starbucks founder.

Kloubek
03-01-2008, 12:24 AM
You know what - if I was the husband in a way I would rather hear it now. I mean, really - if your girl is cheating on you, lying to you, etc, wouldn't you want to know?

But she HAD to know this stuff would come out during the show. She's a whore, and she likes her money. Nuff said.

Bimmer88
03-01-2008, 12:35 AM
I saw this show when it first came out and I must say I think it ruins relationships and ends marriages lol....

Host: Have you ever touched anyone beyond more than what was required?

Personal Trainer: No

..................... * Wife anxiously watching in the background
******time passes by

The answer is: False!

And the wife gets up and the husband comes over, and the wife basically leaves... lol!!!

Hahaha this is funny, great show and I told my gf... if I ever end up on that show ignore everything I say and answer, because in the end we will win 1 million dollars LOL

Rocky
03-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2008/02/28

Here's the vid
lololol69

People's integrity is worth less than a few hundred thousand these days... but more power to them, makes it entertaining for the rest.

LOL everyone is clapping and the husband is crying

That was pretty funny.

nodoubtt
03-03-2008, 12:49 AM
something tells me that a lot of this is staged... I mean it's entertaining and all, but a lot of their reactions seem so rehearsed...:dunno:
anybody else think so? would make a lot of sense

LuxCars
03-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by nodoubtt
something tells me that a lot of this is staged... I mean it's entertaining and all, but a lot of their reactions seem so rehearsed...:dunno:
anybody else think so? would make a lot of sense

maybe cause they know the truth and it really isn't much of a surprise to them:dunno:

eur0.doll.
03-03-2008, 04:15 PM
The people that go on the show know the questions ahead of time so there able to brace themselves. They're asked like 50 questions hooked up to a lie detector before the show and then like 23 or something questions are actually asked on tv.

teggypimp95
03-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah i cant watch the show with out my PVR. The repeat the questions and recap to many damn times!

iceburns288
03-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Holy shit some people are stupid and greedy. Why would you, knowing that you cheat/have cheated on your husband, stole money from work, etc., sign up for that show? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm kinda curious to see how I'd do... I mean, I can honestly say I would never cheat on my girl etc, but I wonder what kind of random questions they'd get me on :p.

three33
03-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I think it was the first or second episode where a Caucasian guy was answering true or false and his gf was Korean I believe and one of the questions was "Have you ever made jokes or rascist comments to your friends about your gf and her family?" and he said yes and it was true....and of course the gf and her parents were sitting right their in the family "Seats".

mark4091
03-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
Holy shit some people are stupid and greedy. Why would you, knowing that you cheat/have cheated on your husband, stole money from work, etc., sign up for that show? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm kinda curious to see how I'd do... I mean, I can honestly say I would never cheat on my girl etc, but I wonder what kind of random questions they'd get me on :p.

Thats the thing, they only put people on who answer that they cheated ect.

MrSector9
03-03-2008, 05:47 PM
you might as well answer truthfully and win the money.

if you lie, you lose the money AND everyone knows the truth.

this is about the dumbest show ever created, but i do think it is scripted completely.

eur0.doll.
03-03-2008, 06:55 PM
K but some of it i think is stupid because you may LOVE the person youre with with every feeling you have but there might be that ONE TINY bit of you that misses your ex or something and bang. You may think youre over your ex but if it detects that tiny piece..its false. And then your husband/wife thinks youre still in love with that other person when really youre not...so then your screwed.
[NOT USING STUPID BLONDE IDIOT LAST WEEK AS REFERENCE CAUSE SHE WAS DUMB AND CLEARLY LOVED HER EX MORE THEN HER HUSBAND]

I was bored one day and I was on their website and I looked at the form you have to fill out if you want to be a contestant..and its harsh. You pretty much have to write a book about you for them. You have to tell them about past relationships [ how long they were, if there still is anything, why you broke up ], your relationships with every person in your family, everything about where you have worked, what your most embaressing moment was, what you regret, and stuff like that. SO if you go on this show you CLEARLY know what your getting yourself into because of answering the 878972397 pages they get you to fill out about yourself.
You're setting yourself up for embaressment, thats all it is.
Why would they chose a boring person who has perfect relationships with everyone, hasnt ever done ne thing wrong.:zzz: That'd be boring. Therefore they'd make no money.
Our world is all about money nowadays.:(