PDA

View Full Version : mafunctioning radio in mercedes

j.ng-
01-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Okay so i have a 2003 mercedes ml320 suv
One day the radio shut down on its own and wouldnt turn back on.
This has happened to me before. All i normally do is go into the engine bay and reset the fuse thats designated to the radio.
So after i do so, it asks for a security code right after. But when i punched in the code, i accidently punched in the wrong numbers and it went to a blank page that says "WAIT" and has been there ever since. I've tried reseting the fuse again and again but the page won't disappear..
Any idea on how to fix this? Really hoping i don't have to go to a dealership or anything..
Thanks

Joe-G
01-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Oh no, Jons radio is broken! lol
You mean even when you pull the fuse, the screen with the wait message still appears?

j.ng-
01-24-2008, 11:26 PM
SOMEONE BAN HIM
no if i pull the fuse out theres no power running to the radio.. but when i put it back the wait screen reappears
and yeah i get nothing but loong borrring quiet car rides :bullshit:

97'Scort
01-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Heh, it's gone into security protect mode. Take it to the dealer to re-set.

j.ng-
01-24-2008, 11:50 PM
^^damnit all
is there no way around that?:(

97'Scort
01-25-2008, 12:00 AM
You used to be able to wait it out, but now once you put in the code wrong you go to the dealer. It can't tell if you stole the deck or not.

The other thing you can try is disconnecting the battery for about 6 hours and see if it re-sets. Remove all power.

Ashers
01-25-2008, 03:41 AM
I thought you have to leave the ignition in the first position (ACC) with the radio on for 24 hours to get it out of protect mode. Hook up a battery charger first.

j.ng-
01-25-2008, 09:00 AM
yeah i read in the owners manual that the first time this happens you wait like 10 minutes, the next time like 3 hours....
man why did my dad give me the wrong code :banghead: :banghead: