PDA

View Full Version : Deadmau5

GTS Jeff
01-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Is anyone else a huge fan?

I didn't catch notice of this guy until a few weeks ago, when I suddenly realized that a whole bunch of songs I like are actually produced or remixed by him. Then I looked into it more and it turns out that pretty much all his songs are amazing. What blows me away even more is the diversity in his music; like he makes killer trance tracks that show up on ASOT often, has the harder progressive tracks that are on GDJB, and even has a bunch of minimal house tracks that are pretty quality. I had the luck of catching his show in Halifax last weekend too.

His latest release which I heard on ASOT 334, a remix of Morgan + Lissie - The Longest Road is just unreal.

I think deadmau5 is where G&D were back in 2003/4. For now, I think he definitely tops the list in innovation and quality productions.

Dave P
01-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

I think deadmau5 is where G&D were back in 2003/4. For now, I think he definitely tops the list in innovation and quality productions.

+1

I am down with deadmeau5

Been rocking a lot of his tracks as of late.

Deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin
Hybrid - Finished Symphony (Deadmau5 Remix)
Deadmau5 - Arguru
Melleefresh & Deadmau5 - Hey Baby (Original Mix)
Marco Demark – Tiny Dancer (Deadmau5 Remix)
Deadmau5 - Arguru (EDX's 5un5hine Remix)
Deadmau5 - Not Exactly [Mau5trap]
Marcode Mark feat Casey Barnes - Tiny Dancer (Deadmau5 Mix)

kerry
01-25-2008, 01:49 PM
deadmau5 is sick!

I've heard only a handful of tracks by him but his remixes are unbelievable. I'm a fan for sure. Anjunabeats.com always has deadmau5 remixes on their trance around the world radio mixes.

l/l/rX
01-25-2008, 01:57 PM
hey gts_jeff...is that asot site a free site to tune into? when i try to stream it, it says i need some sort of performance upgrade...then it asks me to enter in this coupon number or something.

edit: nevermind answered my own question

TheCheff
01-25-2008, 02:12 PM
you can listen to a state of trance every thursday on digitally imported hard trance channel I believe. As for deadmau5 the first time I heard him was in April when someone opening for tiesto played his song Contact such an amazing song. Hes def @ the top of the game now

As for G&D havent been following them lately but I'm going to their show tonight

Schwa
01-25-2008, 02:25 PM
I will keep a closer eye on these guys as well.

I'll be at G&D as well tonight :D

dj_rice
01-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Not Exactly :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
01-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by TheCheff
you can listen to a state of trance every thursday on digitally imported hard trance channel I believe. As for deadmau5 the first time I heard him was in April when someone opening for tiesto played his song Contact such an amazing song. Hes def @ the top of the game now

As for G&D havent been following them lately but I'm going to their show tonight Yeah Contact is the shit. I think it's a collaboration with some guy called Glenn Morrison, but I don't know too much about that.

There's also another song that I like by him that's a lot more housey, "Sex, Lies, Audiotape" but I can't find it anywhere.

S13_Ryan
01-25-2008, 09:25 PM
my buddy DJ Distraktion knows deadmau5 through another DJ Soulfix. Deadmau5 is apparently supposed to be having a show here in calgary.

when i have more details ill post it up. i think its late april though

S13_Ryan
01-25-2008, 09:29 PM
anyone thats has any sort of interest in this music needs to get themselves an invite to the online tracker www.tranceroute.com

its unreal, tracks are released on torrent the day they come out... ASOT's once a week. Any song you want chances are its on this site.

l/l/rX
01-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by S13_Ryan
anyone thats has any sort of interest in this music needs to get themselves an invite to the online tracker www.tranceroute.com

its unreal, tracks are released on torrent the day they come out... ASOT's once a week. Any song you want chances are its on this site.

hey how do we receive an invite to this? can YOU send out invites? cuuuz if soo hook it up please and thank you!

dj_rice
01-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

hey how do we receive an invite to this? can YOU send out invites? cuuuz if soo hook it up please and thank you!

:werd: