PDA

View Full Version : $17-$28/hr production/manufactering jobs. Right off Blackfoot trail.

Graham_A_M
01-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Hey guys, I know Standens is hiring. They manufacter leaf springs & trailer hub assemblies. Their hiring people with a good work ethic.
Basically, its $12/hr base salary. Over that, you have something called a "reliability bonus" meaning if you show up on time and leave on time (meaning dont take time/days off) during your scheduled work period: you get another $2/hr. So basically its $14/hr.
Over on top of that, you have work related bonuses.... which means the more work you do the more you get paid. There are guys there that make in the $30/hr range, just because their very productive.
So with a decent amount of work done, you bonus can equate to well into the $20/hr range. That depends on which machine your operating/assisting, and how hard you work.

As an example, if your job is to operate a steel bending press, and you get 200 (parts of some sort) done in a day, at $.50 a part, that equates to an extra $100 a day, tacked on to your already $14/hr. Lets say if you get 250 done, you may get paid $.60 or .70 instead of the .50, due to your amount of daily production.

There is also full benefits, meaning full health & dental after three months.
Coveralls, eye protection, ear protection & gloves are provided, but you have to supply your own workboots.

Its an absolutely awesome company to work for. the managers are fantastic, and the pay is pretty damn respectable.
There are multiple shifts you can work as its a 24hr MondayFriday facility. So you can work (lets say) 7:00am-3:00pm. Or 3pm to 11:pm Or 11pm-7pm etc.

As its a 24hour facility, an 8hr work shift is obviously required; which translates to paid (30min) lunches.

Contact Denise Butler, she's the HR rep.
http://yellowpages.ca/bus/Alberta/Calgary/Standen-s-Limited/2552244.html?adid=14126022aa

and ^ there is your adress & contact info.

-Cheers & good luck.

Evolize
01-28-2008, 01:20 AM
Job wouldn't be bad, but I work down the road at the auto wrecker and all the fucking slums of life work at standens and come harass me for gas at my work. You wouldn't catch me working with those pieces of shit any day.

Graham_A_M
01-28-2008, 08:12 PM
To each his own. I've heard a lot of good things about this place, and thought I'd throw this up here in case anybody was interested either way:dunno:

frozenrice
01-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Evolize
Job wouldn't be bad, but I work down the road at the auto wrecker and all the fucking slums of life work at standens and come harass me for gas at my work. You wouldn't catch me working with those pieces of shit any day.

They beg for used gas?

BlackArcher101
01-29-2008, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
To each his own. I've heard a lot of good things about this place, and thought I'd throw this up here in case anybody was interested either way:dunno:

Heard good things? Have you or do you currently work there?