PDA

View Full Version : SCN 2003

imprezive
07-28-2003, 11:43 AM
So what did you guys/gals think of this show?

I personally had a blast, I met a bunch of awesome people and reacquainted myself with some people that I met from b4. All the cars looked good, especially the airbrushed rsx. PIMP!! and Betty Ahn was soo pretty, and really nice too.
I thought that the promotors did a great job, and hopefully they will come back here for another show!! I must say this show was the best so far for this year!! :D

2 thumbs up!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GreenLude
07-28-2003, 12:01 PM
They said they will be coming back next year. I can't wait, it was a really good show. I did want to see more entertainment, there was next to none till 6pm.

Redlyne_mr2
07-28-2003, 12:41 PM
It is my responsibilty as a turbocharged Toyota owner to hate all car shows:D, Impresive, I think your husband feels the same way :rofl:

imprezive
07-28-2003, 12:45 PM
:dunno: :dunno:
I have no idea what you're talking about????

Ben
07-28-2003, 12:56 PM
Honestly, I thought it wasn't bad at all. :thumbsup:

Some Constructive critisism from someone who was there open to shut:

Pros:

-Awesome venue
-Good Mix of cars (Quite a few I had not seen before - out of town cars :) )
-Good visitor interaction with the prize givaways (I didn't ge anything tho :( )
-Decent Music
-Lots of Booths

Cons:

-Lighting was brutal, some cars were in DARK zones and you could not see their attributes at all
-For the price of admission RE-ENTRY SHOULD have been allowed.
-More Models ;)
-Food Sucked (Overpriced and under quality)

All in all, Huge props to the event organisers, appears it went really well, and will be welcomed back next year I'm sure!

:)

Cheers

RiCE-DaDDy
07-28-2003, 01:13 PM
best show in calgary thus far...but thats not saying much

BigMass
07-28-2003, 03:31 PM
The coolest part of the night was when an eager owner of one of the show cars talked to me and my friend about his ride. It would of been a lot cooler if the owners had been by their rides to answer questions about them or just shoot the shit. And yes, the lighting was not that great. I understand the whole "atmosphere" thing, but when i go to a car show i'm there to look at cars, not rave or party or whatever.

l/l/rX
07-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Pros:

-Awesome venue
-Good Mix of cars (Quite a few I had not seen before - out of town cars :) )
-Good visitor interaction with the prize givaways (I didn't ge anything tho :( )
-Decent Music
-Lots of Booths

Cons:

-Lighting was brutal, some cars were in DARK zones and you could not see their attributes at all
-For the price of admission RE-ENTRY SHOULD have been allowed.
-More Models ;)
-Food Sucked (Overpriced and under quality)

im with you all the way on the pros. and how could you not get a free prize? LOL they were throwing out tooons of shit ahaha. heh, i brought back alotta stuff. :confused:

i'll add some stuff to your cons

-yes lighting sucks in some places, they should've had some lights on those poles such as what auto zeal and STRD had setup.
-hmm and that re-entry thing was gay too, i wanted to go grab some food outside the place.
-they had lots of models but more are always welcomed :D
-the food didnt suck it was just over priced. for like a lil 5" squirt sandwich was $4 :eek: i was sooo hungry. soo instead of buying that sandwhich i bought $4 worth of chips :( not healthy but hey i was starving.

also in STRD's booth, that Team 5Zigen wrx was AMAZING! that thing was race ready:thumbsup: :hitit: their booth in general was kick ass. v-side s2k :drool:

cocoabrova
07-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Good show in general.....It can only get bigger and better for the future:thumbsup:

Girlie_racer
07-28-2003, 09:19 PM
I had a blast

Ben
07-28-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Girlie_racer
I had a blast

I Bet!

Congratulations! :)

Mike09
07-28-2003, 09:54 PM
Yep, I'll have to say the best tuner company booth went hands down to STRD. Awesome cars, lighting, Amazing WRX.

Speed_Dreams
07-28-2003, 10:38 PM
I was hoping to see more cars. But its funny i remember that room being bigger when I had my Grad there....but it was a kick ass show. I got me some T'shirts and Recaro Neck braces :poosie: which I traded to my buddie for a keychain becuas ei don't really like red

Daddymax
07-28-2003, 11:52 PM
good times. I thought it was goin gto be disapointing, but it was all good.

RiceCake
07-28-2003, 11:56 PM
Hmm... sounds like I missed out... as usual :( :banghead:

Girlie_racer
07-29-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Ben

I Bet!

Congratulations! :) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: