PDA

View Full Version : overdrive..

diggity
01-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Is it normal for it not to kick in when the temp gets this low?

My truck was parked outside from 4am till I finished work just now and on the drive home I noticed the RPMs where a little high and I realized the OD gear wasn't kicking in, this was on deerfoot.

The engine was up to temp as well....it seemed as though i was driving in 3 gears the entire way home.

No problems on the way to work...it's garaged at my house.

On a side note, a car exploded and set on fire just off the Pegan Tr on ramp going southbound deerfoot.

01RedDX
01-28-2008, 01:26 PM

diggity
01-28-2008, 01:54 PM
98 grand cherokee.

The engine temp was at operating level already? I noticed it around Deerfoot and southland drive... and it was like that all the way until I made it home...about 22 min drive. I was getting 3.5ooo RPM at 120km. I can hit 160kms with the RPMs just reaching 3 with OD.

Anyways, I'm about to go to the bank and what not so i'll see if it's kicking in now. I'll probably only top out at 60kms though.

Hopefuly it was just the cold.

InLoveWitRSX
01-28-2008, 01:58 PM
well the engine temp was up, but your tranny maybe was still really cold or frozen, so that may have been the reason why

diggity
01-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Did the same thing today, thing works on the moring and races on the way home.

It's fuckin with my gas mileage and causing wear on the engine.

Fuckin POS, i'm getting a new vehicle. Especially if this happens every time the temp is below -30. I aint driving home with 4ooo rpms every day. :thumbsup:

Is this happening to anyone else?

Weapon_R
01-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Chrysler transmissions are notorious for being problematic.

btown
01-29-2008, 04:15 PM
manual transmission ftw lol