PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Pug Puppies

Mike911
01-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Hello everyone,
I was hopeing i might get some help finding my First Pug puppie ever... i have always loved them but never had the money to get one. now i have the money and i was hopeing someone might have a lead on a very friendly, cuddly, and loveing pug. Alos I would greatly appriciate any tips or know medical problems comeing from pugs so that i can give him/her the best home they can have.

Also i would like to know what different mixes of pugs people have liked or if purebread is the best.

Thank you all for your time.
Mike

01RedDX
01-28-2008, 02:21 PM

ballah
01-28-2008, 02:35 PM
i used to have a apricot fawn (pure bread). awesome dog, he sheded a lot, and they are very stubborn.

they are very affectionate. which is awesome, but you have to give them your full attention or else they whine (we gave mine all the attention in the world).

our pug passed away from eating one red sedless grape that fell accidentely on the floor when he was only 3. loved him since the day we got him.

i paid 1500 bux for him.

oh, before i forget, these dogs are very specific, if it s your first dog, i would pass on it. they have many things that can go wrong (ie: wrinkles, ass issues, require brushing everyday, etc.)

if you want the name of the breader (located in edmonton), let me know.

Mike911
01-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Thank you guys for your help. That was really informative. Well i have had dogs in the past but not a pug so i wanted to know the info on them and this sounds like the perfect dog. I love dogs that have to be the center of your attention. ty for the warnings on the over eating and i kind of knew about the breating problems... didnt know about the shedding i assumed that a short haired dog didnt shed. do you guys know which cross breads cut down the shedding since im in a little apartment and am slightly alergic.

Thank you again for the informantion it helps ALOT,
Mike

JWL
01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
I had one growing up and I still think of her often. We were fortunate to find her at the SPCA when she was 8mths old.

The guys are right about the shedding part. I swear we could make another pug out of the amount of shedding she did. Make sure you have one of those lint rollers by the door before you go out.

She had to have surgery for her breathing problems, her soft palette was sagging and was obstructing her breathing passage. That cost us a bit under $700 to get that done.

They are undeniably affectionate and will follow you where ever you go - my family called her my other side of the velcro. Anyway, she was really good taking walks around the neighbourhood off leash. Never once did she stray, and if she did, all I had to say was "Bye" and she would come running.

If you're a deep sleeper then their snoring won't bother you so much. I loved how they snore, especially when it was louder than my dad's. LOL!

Anyway, near the end of her life, she had a lot of complications with her breathing and she had a benign tumour on her leg that made her afraid of walking up and down the stairs (we had to carry her up and down). We also found out that she had Alzheimer's, we didn't know that she had it until after she passed away. One of the symptoms was starring at a wall when you constantly call their name a few times (we know that she's not deaf cuz she could hear a treat bag miles away). :)

I do hope to get another pug or two when I have time to care for them. I miss seeing the pushed in face.

01RedDX
01-28-2008, 04:23 PM

Mike911
01-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Im really sorry to hear about your dog JWL when a dog gets sick or is in pain i feel helpless.

and ya i know what u mean Red i am alergic to all dogs lol it sucks but the more you are around them the more you become immune to them.

well i think i have made up my mind. a pug seems like the perfect dog for my current situation.

Now the fun part... finding 1 to fall in love with lol

thank you guys for all you help any more leads or anything would be Greatly apriciated. im in no rush and i plann to take some time finding the perfect girl :D

O and P.S. there isent any real differences form male or female other than the obvious equiptment.(tempers, problems, or anyhtign)

ballah
01-28-2008, 05:34 PM
yah, the female ones are much more relaxed compared to the males... but they re more independent....

oh, so, things that can go wrong.. pugs have anal gland issues (when you have them on your lap, they leave a smell behind), wrinckles must be cleaned every day (with a face wash and q-tip), they re legs have a tough time holding up their weight (so don t throw them onto things) and they have major breathing issues. etc.

pugs also have 2 layers of fur, first coat is short hair and top layer is long hair. we still finding hair around our place and it s been a year.

we got our pug from Perlin Pugs here in edmonton.

vacinations are typical to other breads.

if you want a dog to play fetch with, this type of dog is not right for you as you will be chasing your own ball.

my pug had lots of energy, he ran around like a mad man (around the staircase and stuff for no reason).

pugs also have Awesome Personalities... they do the funniest things.

basically a pug is very similar to a small child. they sneeze, SNORE REALLY LOUD, they eat their food Really fast, love snacks cause they are FOOD ORIENTED dogs, and they FART. hhaha

Mike911
01-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Anyone have any leads on any all black or all white pugs??? They look soooooo awsome and i would love to have one

MK1GTI
01-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Just a word of advice: Get pet insurance
It sounds a bit ridiculous but for the $35/month or so its totally worth it. After an $1200 vet bill after our Pug cross got into the garbage I was kicking myself for not having it.