PDA

View Full Version : Another BC ticket question

bobby_lu
01-29-2008, 01:07 AM
I have searched and read a few threads about this, but theres just as many conflicting opinions either way.

Do the demerit points transfer to Alberta? Many people have said yes and many have said no, can anyone confirm?

Has anyone ever fought a ticket in BC? If so, how does it compare to fighting one in AB? I havent had one in a few years, when it used to be easy to "bargain" them down, but have heard it has become harder now. If anyone knows how it works in BC, please share your opinion!

I am more concerned about the demerits, if they dont transfer over then I wont bother fighting, since the fine's not too high, compared to Calgary.

Thanks!

brandon
01-29-2008, 12:19 PM
I live in B.C. and have an Alberta license and reg.. I have had 4 speeding tickets since I have moved and not one of them has transferred over to my Alberta license.

rc2002
01-29-2008, 12:25 PM
I got one in BC and it was CHEAP compared to Alberta tickets so I just paid it. Fighting it would've require driving back out to the BC courthouse which would cost way more (in gas money alone not to mention wasted time) than the ticket originally was.

The peace of mind was worth it. I can now drive back to BC and not worry about having my car impounded.

SikAssR1
01-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by brandon
I live in B.C. and have an Alberta license and reg.. I have had 4 speeding tickets since I have moved and not one of them has transferred over to my Alberta license.

When i moved out to BC I was told that I would face a fine if I didn't change my license/reg. over to ICBC.

bobby_lu
01-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I got one in BC and it was CHEAP compared to Alberta tickets so I just paid it. Fighting it would've require driving back out to the BC courthouse which would cost way more (in gas money alone not to mention wasted time) than the ticket originally was.

The peace of mind was worth it. I can now drive back to BC and not worry about having my car impounded.

LOL it is cheap compared to AB tickets, fighting it is not really an issue since im there on and off. But paying it is easier if I dont have worry about fighting just for the points.

97'Scort
01-29-2008, 12:57 PM
I still don't get why people are so concerned about not paying speeding tickets, whether it's here, BC, the US, whatever. You broke the law, you got caught. Man up and pay the fine.

brandon
01-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by SikAssR1

When i moved out to BC I was told that I would face a fine if I didn't change my license/reg. over to ICBC.

They do have that rule after 45 days I believe.. but since it is still registered/insured to a house I have in Calgary.. whenever they ask I just say I am on a temp work stay..

I will get around to changing it one day..

tom_9109
01-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Demerit points in alberta are tied to the Alberta traffic safety act. Bc points won't get added on alberta abstracts.