PDA

View Full Version : Both Died

us722
01-29-2008, 01:35 AM
[First post]
So yesterday night after being parked outside my work from 5 to 11, car (1992 civic) completely gave up.....i went to start it and it started making wierd noises, i got a boost but it didnt work. But by the time I had boost I had already tried about 10 times. So I call my dad and he came to pick me up in his car (1991 accord) but this morning even his car wont start...i am guessing it just needs a boost.
Today at work again, I had my car plugged in for about 7 hours got about 3 boost at different times and even tried putting in hot oil but it didnt even make a sound. I know for sure battery is dead but what else could be wrong that it wouldnt even make a noise....should I let the weather change or tow it to a mechanic.

Both cars ran super strong
Accord has 5W30 and somewhat new battery (owned it for a year)
Civc has 10W30 (bad bad, owned it for a month)

what to do?:(

eblend
01-29-2008, 01:43 AM
sounds like you killed your starter?

403civic
01-29-2008, 01:44 AM
I think u should just wait till it gets warmer,
My baby (1997 civic) took my 2 trys tonight and on the second try she just started, she probably sat out side for about 6 hours
GooD lUCK!

us722
01-29-2008, 01:48 AM
well .....i know accord is super strong....it always started without any problems since I've owned it...and only did oil changes and regular maintenance.
But Ive only owned the Civic for a month but i do think it is strong but not too sure....

if its the starter on civic how much would it cost to replace it and could it be alternator too? or just that the car had 10W30? its been out in cold without any life for more than 40hours so :S should wait till it thaws?

01RedDX
01-29-2008, 01:58 AM

nikka
01-29-2008, 02:04 AM
my 92 accord wouldnt start this morning either.. just wait till the cold rolls out man. or at least let it warm up before you start buying parts that you might not need

403civic
01-29-2008, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by nikka
..... or at least let it warm up before you start buying parts that you might not need
+1

Thaco
01-29-2008, 08:22 AM
your battery may be frozen and is stealing all the juice from the car when it's getting boosted, try boosting the car with the battery unhooked, your alternator should take over and provide the pwoer while you're driving, at least you'd be able to get teh car moved and warmed up a bit, if that works, then get a new battery... problem solved.

us722
01-31-2008, 02:13 AM
well accord started up right away with wierd noises....i let it warm up for a bit and then took it to pick up my civic which was still at work.....
civics battery was completely gone....so we got a trickle charger and got it charged....still wont crack up but eventually we got it running after a tiring push start....but after a while check engine light came up...lets see tomorrow morning if somethings wrong....but it was running perfect..
so glad to finally being on the run....hoping for the best tomorrow...lol..thanks guyz