PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buying a new house in Beacon Hill with Trico in NW?

leec001
01-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Anyone buying a new house in Beacon Hill with Trico?
NW by the Costo/Home Depot.

trico homes (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-93844.html)

Johnny C
01-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Those houses/town homes are zoned directly next to a city landfill, but hey...in 50 yrs it'll be a golf course.

leec001
01-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Johnny C
Those houses/town homes are zoned directly next to a city landfill, but hey...in 50 yrs it'll be a golf course.

Smart boy................
1) nobody knows how long the spyhill landfill will last..............
2) When wind blows from west in the summer time, you could smell it............and get bonus..........some plastic bag fly over the the fence......

2.2vtec
01-29-2008, 05:27 PM
I purchased in Beacon Heights but I went with Intergulf Cidex. It's not so close to the landfill. The lot I picked is right behind the new Costco, only seconds away from Sherwood drive.

benyl
01-29-2008, 05:28 PM
What is the big deal? Hawkwood and Citadel used to be the Dump.

Hahahahahahhaha

forced_eg
01-29-2008, 05:47 PM
used to be??

zing!!!

leec001
01-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
I purchased in Beacon Heights but I went with Intergulf Cidex. It's not so close to the landfill. The lot I picked is right behind the new Costco, only seconds away from Sherwood drive.

No residential development is permitted within 300m of the landfill and the Beacon Hill is approximately 500-800m East of the landfill. If your new house is behind the new Costco, you are just more than 300m east of the landfill. Check with the City of Calgary map, the East boundary of the Landfill is Sarcee Trail just across from the new Canadian Tire. Sherwood is less than 1km east of the landfill and there will be a road connect to Sacree Trail NW.

[http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=CA&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=Sherwood+Close+NW&city=Calgary&state=ab&zipcode=
Citadal is 300m South of the landfill.

Both Citadal and Hawkwood were not dump sites

Good Luck..............

2.2vtec
01-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by leec001

No residential development is permitted within 300m of the landfill and the Beacon Hill is approximately 500-800m East of the landfill. If your new house is behind the new Costco, you are just more than 300m from the landfill. Check with the City of Calgary map, the East boundary of the Landfill is Sarcee Trail just across from the new Canadian Tire. Sherwood is less than 1km east of the landfill and there will be a road connect to Sacree Trail NW.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=&city=calgary&state=ab&zipcode=&country=CA&geodiff=1

Citadal is 300m South of the landfill.

Both Citadal and Hawkwood were not dump sites

Good Luck..............

If your planning on building there I suggest using the other builder. I know the owner, PM me and i'll refer you.

leec001
01-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec

If your planning on building there I suggest using the other builder. I know the owner, PM me and i'll refer you.

No, I am not planning on building there...........just wonder how many people were being told by those sales there will be a golf course up on the hill (Spyill Landfill) and being told the landfill will be closed soon.

However the Inland gravel mining site is beside the landfill site......................up on 112 Ave NW

http://www.tricohomes.com/beacon-heights.pdf
Enjoy the smell of methane gas...................

Redlyne_mr2
01-29-2008, 10:36 PM
so how many hours away from downtown is this new subdivision?

2.2vtec
01-30-2008, 07:26 AM
Its about a few mins drive from the Superstore in Edgemont. I was never told anything about the landfill. The lots that I was looking at were further down right off Sherwood Drive.

leec001
02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/newhomes/story.html?id=60a78b8b-05f7-4047-bf69-8d4e4f2c2297

Beacon to shine
Project in northwest to cost $700 million
Marty Hope, Calgary Herald
Published: Saturday, January 26, 2008
On this Sunday afternoon, heavy equipment was parked on the upper plateau of what will become a $700-million, mixed-use development in Calgary's northwest.

First thing Monday morning, though, dust was being kicked up as earth-moving machinery resumed scraping and reshaping the 88 hectares of raw land that will eventually become Beacon Heights -- a blend of single- and multi-family housing, retail and commercial entities, and a business park near Kincora and Citadel.

"We're developing the whole thing, including the 18 hectares of commercial, and from the residential aspect, ourselves and Trico Homes will be the only builders," says Abed Itani, president of Intergulf-Cidex.

He predicts it will take five years for the project to be built out.

Intergulf-Cidex has been involved in the development of several communities, including The Lakes at Heritage Pointe and Lynx Ridge.

It has also developed custom single- and multi-family housing in projects such as Springhaven Villas, Wildflower at Hidden Valley, Coopers Crossing in Airdrie, and Crystal Ridge in Okotoks.

The company is also active in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland of B.C.

Most recently, Itani's company has been developing Westgate Park, a Calgary complex of three highrise condo apartment buildings and a cluster of townhouses on Bow Trail at 33rd Street S.W. -- a site that previously housing the infamous, and now demolished, Westgate Hotel.

But one of the largest projects for Intergulf-Cidex will be the Beacon Heights property, which Itani bought about four years ago.

A major consideration in the purchase of the land was access to the much anticipated ring road that is being built within easy access of the proposed development, says Itani.

"The ring road will be a huge benefit for us," he says.

"We'll have an overpass and an exit from it and then a short drive to Beacon Heights. Besides that, most other areas of the northwest quadrant are being built out, so the eastern portion was the next obvious growth area."

Roadside signs opposite the entrance to the large and still developing Beacon Hill shopping centre -- located on Sarcee Trail north of Country Hills Boulevard -- point to Beacon Heights immediately to the east.

An smaller, adjacent piece of land sits to the north and it will also hold some commercial enterprises.

"What we see is approximately 600 lots in total, of which 400 will be for single-family homes," says Itani. "The vast majority of the multi-family construction will be in the form of condominium apartments with underground parking, although we are considering offering some rental units."

The first phase will consist of 200 detached homes on a multi-family site and the first part of the commercial development.

While no prices have been announced, single-family homes will start at about $440,000.

Standing at the edge of the upper level of the property looking east, visitors can see that roads have been shaped, infrastructure is in place and ponds have been created.

Some lots have also been staked out on the lower tier of land that connects to the community of Sherwood that has been developed by Genesis Land Corp.

Because of the existing topography of the site and the reshaping of other areas, single-family lots will "creep" up the incline, ensuring up to 40 per cent of the lots will have walk-out levels, says Itani.

"Besides that, about 40 per cent of all single-family lots will back onto either environmental reserve or linear parks that will run through the community," he says.

A large area of environmental reserve will serve as a buffer between the residential component and the commercial and business park areas at the top of the hill.

The multi-family buildings will be spotted throughout the new community and will be no higher than four storeys.

"We expect to begin construction of the residential portion in the near future, and we will be going for our permits for the commercial part in two or three months so we can start work on that this year," says

2.2vtec
02-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Sounds like this is going to be a nice project!