PDA

View Full Version : iTunes GST?

97'Scort
01-29-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm going to assume iTunes has GST included. I can't find anywhere that says it though.

Reason is, I run a DJ company and iTunes are counted as purchases towards the company. I'm doing my year end and need to know whether to submit the GST or not.

Anyone know?

cityhunter2501
01-30-2008, 08:14 AM
when I bought some song from itunes it was flat US$0.99, no GST.
not sure if that helps

toyboy88
01-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by cityhunter2501
when I bought some song from itunes it was flat US$0.99, no GST.
not sure if that helps

He's asking if anyone knows if the GST is already INCLUDED in the $0.99 price per song or not.

Ie it's say $0.95 + $0.04 (GST) = $0.99

rage2
01-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Go look on the itunes website to find a GST/BN #. If they don't post it, it most likely means they are not collecting GST.

Your receipts must have a GST# on them, otherwise you can't claim it back.

97'Scort
01-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Even though there's not a GST number on the receipts, I found this in the legal section of Apple.ca:

PRICES

The iTunes Store endeavours to offer you competitive prices on current selections. Your total price will include the price of the Product plus any applicable sales taxes, including GST/HST, QST and/or provincial retail sales tax (in effect on the day of download). iTunes reserves the right to change prices for Products offered at the iTunes Store at any time, and does not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price drop or promotional offering.

I've sent an e-mail to apple to get their GST number.

rage2
01-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Yep, should be fine then. You probably don't need their GST number, but for potential audit purposes, you should have it.