PDA

View Full Version : need help from artsy people...tattoo related

ekguy
01-31-2008, 12:12 AM
so I have a pentagram on my arm which is going to be filled in to make a full star instead. but i want to know what I could design around it and I know some people on here might have input since i know some people are artistic on here.

this is the tattoo

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/Gravy_83/pentagram.jpg

it's on my forearm so keep that in mind. I am trying to have basicly the start of my sleeve done around and incorporating this tattoo to make it less noticeable.

jay42w8
01-31-2008, 12:15 AM
Don't want to worship Satan anymore? :rofl:

adam c
01-31-2008, 12:20 AM
just expand the edges and make the corners to be outside the circle

ekguy
01-31-2008, 12:28 AM
i don't think that would work but anyone have suggestions of a decent sleeve idea??

JRSC00LUDE
01-31-2008, 08:21 AM
I reall think you should just consult with an artist that specializes in coverups. Get an idea of the type of imagery you want and they will tell you if it will work or not and then give you ideas of what would work. A great artist will be able to make that virtually invisible but you'll end up with a much bigger piece.

ekguy
01-31-2008, 10:21 AM
i went to bushido last night they said my best bet is to fill in the star she said it wouldn't cover up very well cuz it's all black ink. Anyways i'm filling it in and then going to try to incorporate it into a bigger piece thought maybe someone on here has some ideas. I like old style Gothic stuff if that leaves any clues....not talking goth like marylin manson type shit more like old gothic art and architecture

Trini
01-31-2008, 10:29 AM
get some designs or pictures of what you have in mind and have a talk with the tattoo artist and see what you can work out.

ekguy
01-31-2008, 01:03 PM
I want something like this since the design has a circle in the middle. Anyone have any idea how possible this would be?

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/Gravy_83/044-289x600.jpg

ekguy
01-31-2008, 01:08 PM
i want only that middle part and then have it wrap around my arm and leave maybe an inch and half space down the middle and have something written between the tattoo.

JRSC00LUDE
01-31-2008, 01:28 PM
I don't see why they couldn't turn the center of your star into a circle and then add some more rays out to the border/try and "reshape" the form of your existing lines. The centre part wouldn't be exactly the same, but there doesn't seem to by any reason I can think of (based on my experience and what I've seen done) that if couldn't be done. I'd bet if you went ahead with something like that you would never know what the centre was when you are done. :thumbsup:

All black and grey?

ekguy
01-31-2008, 01:36 PM
color won't show up good on my dark skin. It will fade to quickly. Well the way I see it I can at least fill it in and get that design done. It's something like that I wanted on my ribs but whatever arm will be fine. I'll figure out something else for my ribs.

I still don't understand exactly what you mean though by extending the lines though. if your remotely artistic could you draw up an example??

ekguy
02-04-2008, 12:48 AM
anyone know of an artist in calgary that is good at tattooing something like the pic I displayed on here??