PDA

View Full Version : Nicotine in Tim Horton's cup? - Myth?

lelalong
01-31-2008, 12:16 PM
A buddy of mine thinks that Tim Horton's adds nicotine to their cups to make the coffee more addictive. He says the coffee tastes different if you get it in your own mug vs getting it in a paper cup. Is this an urban myth? Another guy agreed with him so what's up with this?

:dunno:

:bullshit: ?

MilanoRedTeg
01-31-2008, 12:20 PM
I heard that Tim Horton's changes up the coffee bean that they use every couple months. The change is so subtle that the regular consumer would never know yet subconsciously it keeps the consumer from getting bored of the coffee, which in turn keeps them coming back. Tricky, but if it's true it's obviously working.

89coupe
01-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by lelalong
A buddy of mine thinks that Tim Horton's adds nicotine to their cups to make the coffee more addictive. He says the coffee tastes different if you get it in your own mug vs getting it in a paper cup. Is this an urban myth? Another guy agreed with him so what's up with this?

Are you that gullible ?

finboy
01-31-2008, 12:25 PM
i hear they are laced with meth and pixie dust, and are delivered daily via the unicorn express

5hift
01-31-2008, 12:41 PM

its true, but if you slip the cashier a 5 you get the real coffee

01RedDX
01-31-2008, 01:12 PM

im2fst4u
01-31-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by finboy
i hear they are laced with meth and pixie dust, and are delivered daily via the unicorn express

:rofl: :rofl:

2BLUE
01-31-2008, 01:15 PM
Myth's!

avow
01-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Nicotine would be illegal not to mention retardedly expensive... but i could believe the bean changing one i guess.

Tik-Tok
01-31-2008, 02:13 PM

Yes, and no.

Different containers can alter the taste of foods/liquids, ever notice the difference in pop between a can and bottle? There's no nicotine in their cups though, your friend is either highly gullible, pulling your leg, or just plain retarded.

Kona9
01-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Yes, and no.

Different containers can alter the taste of foods/liquids, ever notice the difference in pop between a can and bottle? There's no nicotine in their cups though, your friend is either highly gullible, pulling your leg, or just plain retarded.

I will go with your 3rd suggestion.

Bushy
01-31-2008, 02:55 PM
I worked there as a manager for 3 years at a tims and never heared about any addatives but recently heard that they add MSG to there coffee, that unflavored flavor enhancer all chinese restaurants claim they dont have. No idea if thats true, you would think if they did they would have to identify that tho

Kaos
01-31-2008, 02:55 PM
I heard Timmies uses swamp water as coffee.
Their coffee is disgusting.

ronaldo
01-31-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Kaos
I heard Timmies uses swamp water as coffee.
Their coffee is disgusting.

:werd: timmies tastes like shit

lelalong
01-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Yes, and no.

He's ex-military so I dare you to call him retarded... :rofl: I call bullshit too.

FiveFreshFish
01-31-2008, 06:39 PM
The cups are lined with a plastic coating. That's why they can't be recycled. Don't know about nicotine though.

Vtecmini
01-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Its vanilla. I heard vanilla is one of the most addicting natural substances out there. Possible?

The Cosworth
01-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Nicotine, no way, too hot of a political issue if it ever came out. I have heard about another additive but am not sure what it was called.

But i do know that the coffee you buy (in the cans) is different from what they brew behind the counter. I worked at tim hortons for a bit in highschool and you are not allowed to brew the home coffee behind the counter and you can never give out the stores coffee to customers.

badatusrnames
01-31-2008, 06:46 PM
A local CBC station tested this myth and found no nicotine in their coffee.

I think it's their cream that gives their coffee the rich taste it has. Have you ever had Tim Hortons black? It taste like a normal coffee. Make it a double double and it tastes like liquid candy. I'm sure if you looked up the nutritional info on their cream, it would be like 35% fat or something...

badatusrnames
01-31-2008, 06:49 PM
Links:

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/timhortons.asp
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/nicotine-tim-hortons-coffee.html
http://coffeetea.about.com/cs/whimsy/a/timsnicotine.htm

DeeK
01-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Reminds me of a vietnamese restaraunt that got shut down about 4 years back. They were caught putting cocaine in their soup. Never understood why that place was always FULL of business people at lunch working downtown. People were crazy in that place just to get their fix of soup.

Funny shit. Wouldn't surprise me if timmies was using the same idea, but in legal form. I can't see why people can wait in line for an hour and 45 minutes, just for the SAME coffee you can get anywhere. Because it's branded with the tim hortons symbol makes it taste better? Makes no sense to me.

hampstor
01-31-2008, 08:11 PM
I find their coffee black is one of the worst.. but with cream, it becomes my fav. I think they just use a cream that is high in milk fat :)

5hift
01-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by DeeK
Reminds me of a vietnamese restaraunt that got shut down about 4 years back. They were caught putting cocaine in their soup. Never understood why that place was always FULL of business people at lunch working downtown. People were crazy in that place just to get their fix of soup.

I dont know for sure but I call BS. No business is going to make money selling $5-10 dollar soups laced with cocaine which costs much much more. Plus I'm no 'expert' on the subject, but ingesting coke doesnt give the same high as snorting it. If anything you would have a restaraunt full of people with numb mouths and throats.

Spoons
01-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

I dont know for sure but I call BS. No business is going to make money selling $5-10 dollar soups laced with cocaine which costs much much more. Plus I'm no 'expert' on the subject, but ingesting coke doesnt give the same high as snorting it. If anything you would have a restaraunt full of people with numb mouths and throats.

You would get a slight head buzz... gummers man!

Hakkola
01-31-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
I find their coffee black is one of the worst.. but with cream, it becomes my fav.

It is probably soylent green. :drool:

Supa Dexta
01-31-2008, 09:56 PM
I've got a set of piston return springs for anyone looking for some, looking for 350$

http://www.lambretta.net/shop/0208A.jpg

Crymson
01-31-2008, 09:59 PM
I heard the same myth, but with MSG. I don't particularily care for tim hortons coffee, UNLESS i'm on the road. For some reason, then its good.

DeeK
01-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

I thought the same thing about it too. However, let me clarify my facts.

- I never said they made any money, just that their restaraunt was ALWAYS full. Especially during the downtown lunch rush.
- This was in the paper about 4 - 5'ish years ago. This is how I found out that they were shut down, and why they were full all the time. I never went there, just saw lineups out the door when I drove by.
- I don't believe that ingesting coke can give you a similar high, if any, but I have no clue about the addiction effects of ingesting it.

EK 2.0
01-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I've got a set of piston return springs for anyone looking for some, looking for 350$

I have purchased his springs and they hold to 10,500 RPM...

A+++ Seller.

Toms-SC
01-31-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

How do these compare to Spoon springs?

Supa Dexta
01-31-2008, 11:44 PM
Spoon is a direct copy, made in an inferior plant with less then impressive materials.. These are legit, guarantee 100 percent..

Kloubek
01-31-2008, 11:51 PM
I've been smokin' Tims' cups for years. And let me tell you - ya just can't beat the smooth refreshing taste.

googe
02-01-2008, 03:33 AM
you can get high by ingesting cocaine orally. coca-cola used to put cocaine in their drink.

thats one of those tales that sounds like an obvious myth, but its actually true.

if someone were to sneak it in food, it probably isnt to get people high, but it does create a subconscious addiction.

PremiumRSX
02-01-2008, 03:56 AM
myth.. makes no sense because I am not addicted and I drink coffee few times a week whether its Timmy's coffee or not.

JRSC00LUDE
02-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by hampstor
I find their coffee black is one of the worst.. but with cream, it becomes my fav. I think they just use a cream that is high in milk fat :)

It's 18%!

He's ex-military so I dare you to call him retarded... :rofl: I call bullshit too.

So what, is he some sort of top secret bionic man? :rofl:
My buddy is ex-military and a cop, he knows I can still kick his ass. :)

The_1
02-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by DeeK

Funny shit. Wouldn't surprise me if timmies was using the same idea, but in legal form. I can't see why people can wait in line for an hour and 45 minutes, just for the SAME coffee you can get anywhere. Because it's branded with the tim hortons symbol makes it taste better? Makes no sense to me.

:bullshit: got anything to back this up?

Kloubek
02-01-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm calling BS on the cocaine in the soup as well.

In order for them to put in enough to make someone addicted, they would pay MUCH more in the coke than they would ever make on a lifetime of crazed soup eaters.

lelalong
02-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I'm calling BS on the cocaine in the soup as well.

In order for them to put in enough to make someone addicted, they would pay MUCH more in the coke than they would ever make on a lifetime of crazed soup eaters.

You can only get free drugs (be it only hash) on your pizza in Cambodia... watch out for the big clumps especially if its your first time....trippy!
:nut:

01RedDX
02-01-2008, 03:25 PM