PDA

View Full Version : Need a tow... but all companies are emergency only.

iblizzard
01-31-2008, 03:40 PM
The extreme weather has not been good to my car, and I'm leaking coolant from somewhere. I can't tell where its coming from and since my car is less than a year old, I'd rather take it to the dealership than fix it myself. Perhaps it will be repaired under warranty.

My problem is that all the tow truck companies I've called have said they're not towing right now unless its an emergency, which is understandable, but I need my car for work and can't wait this long just to get it looked at. Anyone have any ideas what I could do? I just need to get my car from Scenic Acres down to Stadium Nissan. It's about 10km.

rc2002
01-31-2008, 03:41 PM
There's some towing services offered by members on this forum. PM 78si or Weapon_R.

TE4MFaint
01-31-2008, 03:42 PM
AMA?
If youre a member you wont have a problem.

rc2002
01-31-2008, 03:44 PM
^ Or if you have a TD gold elite Visa card. You get free towing If you have that credit card.

culebra
01-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Call Nissan 24hr roadside assistant, i got mine towed with nissan 24hr assistant couple month ago. but i had to wait few days to getting it fixed. Book an appointment with Stadium nissan just like your regular service and let them know that your car will be sitting in their lot then they usually do the job earlier than scheduled date. latest would be your scheduled date.

culebra
01-31-2008, 03:55 PM
One more, it took me more than half hour to get hold of them. Hands free set highly recommended.

bobby_lu
01-31-2008, 03:55 PM
If the car in question is 2007 Versa in your sig, then isnt there roadside assistance through Nissan?

riced
01-31-2008, 03:56 PM
my moms car was having problems with the block heater and it didn't wanna start
we called EVERYWHERE and it was totally busy..
AMA wasn't any help either and we've been members since like 1987.

might have just been the rush for the past three days though.

rage2
01-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Push your car onto the street blocking traffic. Make it an emergency.

culebra
01-31-2008, 04:06 PM
^ that's what i was thinking....
:rofl:

n1zm0
01-31-2008, 04:35 PM
I got this number off of another beyonder and i believe the guy with the truck is a beyonder too

very good work and quick too

Dave's Towing

272-3944

towed the car fron coutnry hills to chinook area, was on time and everything

schurchill39
01-31-2008, 04:44 PM
Weapon_R has a towing truck not sure what his schedual looks but shoot him a PM and see what he says

Mr_ET
01-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Doesn't your car come with road side assistance?

If a 2007 Versa is having coolant leaking issues and you haven't tampered with anything then call the dealer and tell them to come pick you up and get you a loaner for as long as it takes for them to come tow the car to their dealership and fix it!

2BLUE
01-31-2008, 04:46 PM
if you car has warranty then roadside assitance will have to help you.

iblizzard
01-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Unfortunately I've tried calling Nissan Roadside Assistance and they said the same thing that AMA and all the other towing companies said... they aren't towing any vehicle unless it's in an emergency situation right now because of the weather.

I don't blame them, I'm not on the side of the road freezing my ass off because my car broke down, but I do need to be working and can't work without my car.

I will try sending a PM to 78si and Weapon_R and see if they might be able to help.

Thanks for all the responses!

avow
01-31-2008, 07:10 PM
^ thats horrible for nissan to do that on a brand new vehicle :banghead: the weather has warmed up, they are just jerking you around. put your foot down a bit. go to the dealership even and be like "look my vehicle under warranty isn't working, how do i get it here". they might just tell you to send them the bill. thats bull that you should have to pay for it.

iblizzard
01-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by avow
^ thats horrible for nissan to do that on a brand new vehicle :banghead: the weather has warmed up, they are just jerking you around. put your foot down a bit. go to the dealership even and be like "look my vehicle under warranty isn't working, how do i get it here". they might just tell you to send them the bill. thats bull that you should have to pay for it.

Nissan isn't asking me to pay for it, they are just saying that no company in Calgary right now is towing cars that aren't in an emergency situation.

All the tow truck companies I've talked to have said the same thing, they are all booked until about Saturday.

hampstor
01-31-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by iblizzard

Nissan isn't asking me to pay for it, they are just saying that no company in Calgary right now is towing cars that aren't in an emergency situation.

All the tow truck companies I've talked to have said the same thing, they are all booked until about Saturday.

I've used the nissan road side asstance before - in Calgary they will contract out to city wide. Nothing nissan can do if city wide or any other company is refusing to go out.

khtm
01-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Don't you have any paperwork that comes with the 24 hour roadside assistance program? I don't understand how legally they can refuse to offer you service based on "weather".

78si
01-31-2008, 11:25 PM
I have a car "stuck" on my trailer right now. I'll try to find a place to dump it. :)

iblizzard
02-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by khtm
Don't you have any paperwork that comes with the 24 hour roadside assistance program? I don't understand how legally they can refuse to offer you service based on "weather".

I haven't read through anything, but I don't really find it that out of place. I think it's fair that tow truck companies are refusing to take calls for a tow from home right now, when I imagine there are many people who are actually stranded in the cold or their cars are in a ditch or whatever other situation. My car is sitting in front of my house where it's normally parked, no problem other than practically no coolant in it.

Isaiah
02-01-2008, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
^ Or if you have a TD gold elite Visa card. You get free towing If you have that credit card.
No shit?

justincalgary
02-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Wouldn't it be an emergency since you stated that you can't work without your car....paying your car payment on time should be an emergency.

iblizzard
02-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by justincalgary
Wouldn't it be an emergency since you stated that you can't work without your car....paying your car payment on time should be an emergency.

Paying my car payment on time doesn't threaten my life, but being stranded on the side of the road could.
I dunno. I understand why they're doing it.. its just a pretty annoying inconvenience.

SCHIDER23
02-01-2008, 07:02 AM
I was in the same situation only my car was stuck at work for the past 3 days, did I contact AMA no since I knew there were other people that need the tow truck services more than I, good thing she started fine yesterday with new battery. :thumbsup:

Mr_ET
02-01-2008, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by iblizzard

Paying my car payment on time doesn't threaten my life, but being stranded on the side of the road could.
I dunno. I understand why they're doing it.. its just a pretty annoying inconvenience.

Ok I can see that they can't get your car to the dealership right now because of the towing situation.

What worries me is that they are not offering a stranded customer a way to get to work everyday because their faulty product THAT IS UNDER THEIR WARRANTY is not functionning properly.

Call them back and say that you want them to drop off a loaner at your house at no charge to you and you want them to give you a call once they can tow your car to their dealership and fix it.

That my friend is what a good dealership and car company should do for you and if they don't then you should tell them you don't plan on buying cars from them in the future.