PDA

View Full Version : ARGH AMA!!! (need a tow recommendation)

bituerbo
01-31-2008, 06:15 PM
I have not been able to get through to AMA for the past 3 nights now, my car's been on the side of the road since Tuesday due to a flat tire. Spare is also flat (punctured not just no air).

I don't want to burden my friends by taking my tire to get repaired (which would mean two change jobs in the cold - instead of getting towed to a tire shop and changing all 4, since I'm due for new rubber anyway).

ARgh. What to do?

Ben
01-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Where is your car located? And 3 days is hard to believe. Wow, is it seriously that bad of weather in Calgary? I have the AMA Plus membership, and my car broke down, had it flat decked into Calgary, from Banff, when it was -25 and miserable, wait time was all of an hour. Then the following day, leaving Calgary after leaving the shop, it broke down again on Deerfoot (ended up being something was put in my fuel tank, everything was corroded and eaten to shit from the Tank through to the fuel distributor and everything in between) and wait time was only 20 minutes. AMA has been awesome. Definitely gotten my moneys worth, and have zero complaints.

Side note: When I broke down on Deerfoot, the driver said those are priority calls.

Fuck is Calgary ever a shitshow. No wonder it always takes 236789469234 hours to clean up a crash, cant get a fuckin tow truck.

LOL.

97'Scort
01-31-2008, 06:24 PM
You're boned. Unless you're blocking traffic, AMA isn't going to come. Call in a few favours and get it back on the road.

Don't you have a spare tire?

Foreign2
01-31-2008, 06:25 PM
i couldnt get through for over 2 days aswell

i went online and submitted the "emergency" online, and 16 hours later, they called and said 40 minutes! it was great

Tik-Tok
01-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Burden your friends, or take a taxi, get your spare fixed, change the bloody thing in the the cold, and drive to a tire shop.

Stop being a wuss. (oh and if it's been 3 days, you may want to move it soon, the city will probably tow it, then you'll have impound fees to deal with on top of your tires)

kevie88
01-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Take your spare in and have it fixed. Take the bus if you gotta.
Swap spare on, and get car off side of road.
Take regular tire to get it fixed.
Swap regular tire out with spare.
Get crunk.

I'm not sure I follow the question here... It's pretty simple really. if your friends are really your friends they won't mind helping you out, we used to take care of each other pretty good when I was young. Hell, I've even swapped out a few tires for people I didn't even know if they needed help and were stranded.

Graham_A_M
01-31-2008, 06:33 PM
look up "Bulls towing" in the yellow pages. hes a self-run company, and is always eager for business. I'd be happy to help myself, but I've been more busy then a one-legged man at an ass-kicking contest lately. :nut:

G-ZUS
01-31-2008, 06:36 PM
285 4444

friedn00dles
01-31-2008, 07:06 PM
as long as your " blocking/interupting" traffic AMA will always put u as a priority. my car broke down in the middle of the intersection and was pushed a block up out of traffic. AMA still came after a 40 min wait after i told them i was blocking traffic. Last day of membership too with AMA. thank godd

RZRSHARP_SVX
01-31-2008, 07:15 PM
I have had to get my cars towed 3 times and I ussualy dont have a wait more than 2 hours.

bituerbo
02-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Well finally got a response last night, thanks to all who offered contacts. I had two flats, I would have happily changed it myself, but then I'd have to find blocks, or get some jacks to leave half the car on.

I don't rely on my car for transportation to and from work - and it wasn't an emergency, I was just disgusted by the 72hr delay to get a truck to where I was.