PDA

View Full Version : Online Car Stereo.. anyone bought here?

jswankster
02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
i was looking around the internet and came across a website http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/ , has anyone had any experience dealing with these guys.. they have some pretty damn good prices, and i was wondering if i should trust them?? what do you guys think?

97'Scort
02-01-2008, 04:59 PM
You can buy from them, but you will not have a warranty on anything. Most of the companies on there do not allow internet retailing of their products and will not honour a warranty because of it.

Caveat emptor.

devilsmaster
02-02-2008, 12:18 AM
I have not used it yet now,but i will plan it after my exams.

97'Scort
02-02-2008, 12:22 AM
^ What part of "you are getting screwed" don't you get? Or are you just whoring for your 'auction' page?

GTS Jeff
02-02-2008, 04:05 AM
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/Help/HelpPolicy.aspx#Warranty

I don't have personal experience with this website, but I know these types of online stores usually work hard to keep a good rep, which means they'll go out of their way to help you if you have problems. Then again, it's important to see what their rep is like...which is what you're doing here. But I would suggest asking on a car audio forum, not a ricer forum. If it's a reputable store, you can save a lot of money without hassles.

97'Scort
02-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Yup, you can ask over at Canadiancaraudio.com if you'd like.

However, just beware brands like Polk/Momo, Pioneer Premier, JL Audio etc etc will not honour factory warranties from internet sales. You're relying on the reseller to provide the warranty.

jswankster
02-08-2008, 04:25 AM
thanks for all the comments.. if anyone has anything else to say about this company.. let me hear it

f150mikey060
02-08-2008, 08:37 AM
i have hear decent things. try searching around at caraudio.com. it is one of their main sponsors and there are a lot of american guys who deal with them

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186046&highlight=online+car+stereo

"Onlinecarstereo will make you pay shipping. But they take it back no questions asked in most casses and send a replacement out promptly. They honor their 1yr warranty so even though no sales are authorized they are backed by their reputation.
"

theres more there somewhere..

A790
02-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
Yup, you can ask over at Canadiancaraudio.com if you'd like.

However, just beware brands like Polk/Momo, Pioneer Premier, JL Audio etc etc will not honour factory warranties from internet sales. You're relying on the reseller to provide the warranty.
I've never had a problem with ANY of the car audio equipment I've ever bought. I highly doubt that it's a big concern.

TimG
02-08-2008, 01:22 PM
I ordered a set of MB Quart components from them many years ago. shipping was a bit slow, but everything came through fine.

They won't ship via anything except UPS, tho.

97'Scort
02-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by A790
I've never had a problem with ANY of the car audio equipment I've ever bought. I highly doubt that it's a big concern.

My brand new Focal 4.75 amp had a dead capacitor for the rear channels. Had to take it to the shop and get another one.

Most car stereo stuff has the same failure rate as any other mass produced product, or about 2%. You never notice it until you're part of that 2% :)