PDA

View Full Version : I thought I'd seen it all

Khyron
07-29-2003, 01:28 PM
So I'm driving up the Bow Trail hill, and theres this beat up Toyota trying to make it up the hill - signal flashing left the whole time. She moves over into the right lane and finally turns off her signal. As I start to pass by here, I see the cell phone - figures.

Then I see the 2 year old toddler sitting on her lap. OMFG. I'm pretty sure that car had an airbag too - and my wife had just commented on stupid people that let their dogs ride in their laps - a goddamn kid now. With mom on a cell!

Oh to have had my camera out... I would have sic'd the cops on her.

Khyron

Fluidic
07-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
my wife had just commented on stupid people that let their dogs ride in their laps

If you want to have a conversation that's 30 pages long about this topic... you got it.

Peter

G
07-29-2003, 02:09 PM
So I'm driving up the Bow Trail hill, and theres this beat up Toyota trying to make it up the hill - signal flashing left the whole time. She moves over into the right lane and finally turns off her signal. As I start to pass by here, I see the cell phone - figures.

Then I see the 2 year old toddler sitting on her lap. OMFG. I'm pretty sure that car had an airbag too - and my wife had just commented on stupid people that let their dogs ride in their laps - a goddamn kid now. With mom on a cell!

Oh to have had my camera out... I would have sic'd the cops on her.

Khyron

What bugs me is how the parents are smoking in the front with the windows rolled up and the kids are in the back. Like wtf how selfish can people get.

Melinda
07-29-2003, 02:30 PM
and my wife had just commented on stupid people that let their dogs ride in their
:werd: It's totally cool to take the dog for a car ride...but they block your vision and if your dog jumps on you or barks unexpectedly or something, it's dangerous...they have harnesses that they make for dogs that are compatible with seatbelts now...if we have to wear seatbelts, I dont see why the pets should get away with it

benyl
07-29-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by G

What bugs me is how the parents are smoking in the front with the windows rolled up and the kids are in the back. Like wtf how selfish can people get.

What bugs me even more is when I see a pregnant mother smoking... Or worse yet... I saw a native indian mother to be drunk at the stampede this year... :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

What are people thinking... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

sorry that was off topic...

It drives me nuts when women are putting on makeup and driving in two lanes...

rice_eater
07-29-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

:werd: It's totally cool to take the dog for a car ride...but they block your vision and if your dog jumps on you or barks unexpectedly or something, it's dangerous...they have harnesses that they make for dogs that are compatible with seatbelts now...if we have to wear seatbelts, I dont see why the pets should get away with it

Coz you can go out and buy a new dog, while you can't go buy a new family member :D

Khyron
07-29-2003, 02:51 PM
Ok seatbelts for dogs is a bit much, but having a dog on your lap while having an airbag is retarded. Just think about fluffy if that bag goes off. And yah the distraction if muffin decides to put his weight down on one of the jewels or something. Dogs in the passenger seat, dogs in the back - hell dogs on the roof is all good.

But putting your kids head right on a steering wheel with an airbag? That's like putting it on an anvil with a sledge hammer. Would that qualify as child endangerment?

Khyron

Super_Geo
07-29-2003, 02:59 PM
But putting your kids head right on a steering wheel with an airbag? That's like putting it on an anvil with a sledge hammer. Would that qualify as child endangerment?

I'm sure if a cop saw that the mom would one fat ass ticket.

benyl
Or worse yet... I saw a native indian mother to be drunk at the stampede this year...

That is just fucking disgusting. I see that kid going on to great things :rolleyes:

K271
07-29-2003, 03:33 PM
Parents feel they are invincible or something. What bugs me is how in playground zones, it's usually mothers in minivans that are blowing right through. And they are the ones that get mad when others speed through. Oh well, that lady is messed up, she'll learn her lesson one day, too bad it maybe at the expense of the kid.

Khyron
07-29-2003, 03:38 PM
If I see her again, I'm gonna follow her home and yell at her. :P

Khyron

Fluidic
07-29-2003, 03:41 PM
Honestly... I don't think you will. :)

Peter

Khyron
07-29-2003, 04:04 PM
Shaweet - a challenge. Of course, the odds are in my favor that she won't be riding beside me with her kid in her lap again - but you never know.... I've yelled at tons of drivers at red lights. :)

Khyron

rice_eater
07-29-2003, 04:58 PM
*arnold voice* you must be proud of yourself

Khyron
07-29-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater

Know thyself, and know thy flaws. Nobody is perfect.

Khyron

Super_Geo
07-29-2003, 05:26 PM

Know thyself, and know thy flaws. Nobody is perfect.

Khyron

STOP IT!
STOP WHINING!

3G
07-29-2003, 05:42 PM
was she an older mother or like in her late teens/early 20s???

Khyron
07-29-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

STOP IT!
STOP WHINING!

I don't get it.

was she an older mother or like in her late teens/early 20s???

Mid to late 20s.

Khyron

SI-vic
07-29-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater

Originally posted by Super_Geo

STOP IT!
STOP WHINING!

i bet their mothers were smokin or drinkin' while these guys/girls were still in the stomach .....

frostyda9
07-29-2003, 11:00 PM
The only certainty in the universe is human stupidity. Let natural selection take it's course.

lammer
07-30-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by frostyda9
The only certainty in the universe is human stupidity. Let natural selection take it's course.

what? that the mother kills the kid if something does happen? natural selection because of the mother..

frostyda9
07-30-2003, 12:55 AM
Probably....but you have to figure if he is learning everything he knows from her, he probably isn't going to grow up much smarter.
I wasn't thinking so much about the airbag as I was about the ho being on the phone and crashing....

MK3HKS
07-30-2003, 01:24 AM
i think she got tired of havin a kid :dunno:
thats her way of gettin the job done, not drowning them in the tub:rofl:

Hightower
07-30-2003, 06:33 AM
If I see her again, I'm gonna follow her home and yell at her. :P

Khyron

Perfect!!!!! :clap: I would do the same thing... It wouldn't be the first either that I followed as to where I could get a few choice words in.

Just a few to many idiots on the road!!:banghead: