PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading

bignerd
02-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Looking for some reccomendations on somewhere to do a little high school upgrading. I need to take Chemistry and would like to be able to go to a class-I will never get it done if left to my own devices. Somewhere near the NW/NE would be good, don't really want to go to Bow Valley as its in a sketchy part of downtown.

If anyone can let me know where they had some good success, good teachers etc... I would be appreciative.

Thanks

TC2002
02-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Chinook Learning Services. http://www.chinooklearningservices.com/HSC.html

They have four locations around the city. They are a part of the Calgary Board of Education.

Edit: they also have self-directed learning if you are working part time.

D. Dub
02-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
. Somewhere near the NW/NE would be good, don't really want to go to Bow Valley as its in a sketchy part of downtown.

What? You're afraid the homeless might touch you or something :rolleyes:

bignerd
02-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Actually I don't like leaving my car in sketchy parts of town, and yeah, I'm a female with a tiny build, I don't exactly look forward to walking to my car late at night after class alone.

Amysicle
02-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Well, depending on which class you're upgrading and why you're upgrading, you might want to consider SAIT.

http://sait.ca/pages/cometosait/academicupgrading/index.shtml

The credits wouldn't count towards your high school diploma (if that's what you need it for) but you might be able to use the courses for post-secondary admission requirements. You'd just have to check if the credits transfer to that particular college/university.

I haven't taken it myself, so I don't know really how it goes.

bignerd
02-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Have my high school diploma, I am looking to meet post secondary admissions requirements.

Thanks

ChevyZR2
02-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub

What? You're afraid the homeless might touch you or something :rolleyes:
Originally posted by bignerd

Actually I don't like leaving my car in sketchy parts of town, and yeah, I'm a female with a tiny build, I don't exactly look forward to walking to my car late at night after class alone.
Looks like somebody stuck their foot in their mouth with a smart ass remark... :thumbsup:

D. Dub
02-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Why?

It's perfectly safe for an woman to walk to and from the Bow Valley College.

This isn't Detroit fer crissake.

GTS Jeff
02-04-2008, 03:42 AM
Why?

This isn't Detroit fer crissake. LOL not big enough to admit to being wrong...

ChevyZR2
02-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Why?

This isn't Detroit fer crissake.

You're absolutely right.

In 2007 Calgary only had:
44 homicides
5647 assaults
983 street robberies

http://www.calgarypolice.ca/news/stats_city.html

This is no where close to what Detroit had. ;)

P.S. In the downtown East Village area (where BVC is located) there were 116 assaults and 32 street robberies in 2007.

Frankly, I don't blame her for not wanting to walk down there alone at night. Would you send your wife down there alone at 10:00 pm at night? Not likely I bet.