PDA

View Full Version : Question about drivers license?

88CRXGUY
02-03-2008, 10:04 AM
I got my full class 5 before the graduated licensing program back in 2003(just by a few days). When I was renting a vehicle yesterday the counter person asked me what probationary was, I had no idea. I've had my license for almost 5 years and I never noticed it. Can someone shead some light on to this please, what does it mean, is there any restrictions. I didn't think that my license would be probationary since that I got my full license before the date of the graduated licensing program.

Thanks

250and3
02-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Mine used to say that, an I got mine way before the GDL crap. I have no idea, but it's gone now.

schurchill39
02-04-2008, 05:43 PM
If your a probationary driver.... a GDL driver.... there are more restrictions put on your license. For example you can't have any more passengers then seat belts, you cannot take a learner (class 7) out driving and you only have 7 demerites as opposed to the 16 (???) that a regular driver has. There might me a few more but thats basically the jist of it. Once you have had your GDL for 2 years you have to take another road test which is just basically driving around to make sure you dont have any bad habits. You also need to get off GDL before you upgrade your license to a calss 1 like I did.

If you got your license before GDL was implemented then you are fine and dont have to worry about these rules

snowboard
02-04-2008, 05:47 PM
fuck
i didnt think it counted for me either
until i got a 30 day suspension for being over 0.00000 blood alcohol level.
it says gdl on my license, but i was posotive i beat the deadline. i dunno.

tom_9109
02-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I got my license before the GDL and it had "probationary" on it for a couple years.

88CRXGUY
02-04-2008, 09:46 PM
So does this mean I'm on GDL?

reiRei
02-04-2008, 09:54 PM
nope, you shouldn't be, unless it says GDL on your license..

Mine said probationary, and I got my license YEARS before GDL