PDA

View Full Version : Petition to stop NHTSA from banning the sale of HID Kits!

Fluidic
07-29-2003, 05:17 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/hidforum/petition.html

1500 signatures so far... let's keep them going.

Peter

BigShow
07-29-2003, 05:23 PM
HID's are annoying and hurt my eyes!

Fluidic
07-29-2003, 05:27 PM
Would you like a wagon?

ninspeed
07-29-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by BigShow
HID's are annoying and hurt my eyes!

you are thinking of the damm ricer blue lights. HID;s when installed properly are ok...

lude_conduct
07-29-2003, 06:09 PM
no, no. HID's are annoying. I know that every BMW and Mercedes that has them blinds me. The ricer blue ones aren't bad at all.

Fluidic
07-29-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by lude_conduct
no, no. HID's are annoying. I know that every BMW and Mercedes that has them blinds me. The ricer blue ones aren't bad at all.

Shut-up. You're an idiot. You probably stare right in the path of the headlights when a car passes by.

Do you look directly into the sun? Most of us don’t… but you probably do.

Peter

Ben
07-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

Shut-up. You're an idiot. You probably stare right in the path of the headlights when a car passes by.

Peter

:rofl: :rofl:

That was blunt

ninspeed
07-29-2003, 06:33 PM

Peter

HA HA HA, nicely done peter

Fluidic
07-29-2003, 06:44 PM
Hey man... gotta tell the truth! :D

4wheeldrift
07-29-2003, 06:52 PM
HIDs are small potatoes ;) The light bar I had on the front of my subie for navex rallying was WAY brighter than any HID ever made :D

Fluidic
07-29-2003, 06:54 PM
The light bar you "had"?! What happened to it? And to be perfectly honest... I never saw you use that thing one bit! LOL

Peter

4wheeldrift
07-29-2003, 06:59 PM
The light bar you "had"?! What happened to it? And to be perfectly honest... I never saw you use that thing one bit! LOL

Peter With 600 watts of lights total on the front of the car, it wasn't something I wanted to inflict on the nice people using the highways with me generally. They didn't get used a whole lot, it was set up for navex rallies and then I ended up not running them any more after awhile (lack of funds, lack of available co-driver, and general lack of interest).

As for what happened: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12159

BigMass
07-29-2003, 07:48 PM
They're anoying as fuck. It's like driving with high beams on. Always get blinding by them at night beaming the freakin sun through my rear view mirror. Are you too blind to see with normal lights? Or are these not the same things i'm thinking of?

Fluidic
07-29-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
They're anoying as fuck. It's like driving with high beams on. Always get blinding by them at night beaming the freakin sun through my rear view mirror. Are you too blind to see with normal lights? Or are these not the same things i'm thinking of?

Yah whatever!

Peter

Fluidic
07-29-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
As for what happened: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12159

I must have been sitting in a hole, on the moon, with my ears plugged and my eyes bleeding, cause I don't remember that post!

LOL -- sorry Warren. TTYL.

Peter

Mike09
07-29-2003, 09:30 PM
Sorry, But I am not a fan of HID's either.

jdmakkord
07-29-2003, 09:32 PM
HID's are there to give better lighting for the driver of that particular car. Have any of you haters ever driven a car with HID's? They make a difference, and if you are retarded enough to be looking at them head on.......get blinded and wrap your car around a light pole.

Mike09
07-29-2003, 09:35 PM
Yes i have driven a car with them, and yes it was great. But I still won't put them in my car, or enjoy having HIDS shinning in my eyes while driving.

jdmakkord
07-29-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Mike09
Yes i have driven a car with them, and yes it was great. But I still won't put them in my car, or enjoy having HIDS shinning in my eyes while driving.

Thank you, Now quit your fuckin wining!

benyl
07-29-2003, 10:20 PM
people whinned the same way when halogen light came out...

BigMass
07-29-2003, 10:27 PM
If you cant see on the city streets with normal lights then you shouldnt be driving. If you're on a deserted road with no street lamps then that's what your high beams are for. Is that so hard to understand? Or do you just not give a shit about other drivers because you think you're the king of the road?

jdmakkord
07-29-2003, 10:31 PM
If you cant see on the city streets with normal lights then you shouldnt be driving. If you're on a deserted road with no street lamps then that's what your high beams are for. Is that so hard to understand? Or do you just not give a shit about other drivers because you think you're the king of the road?

how effective are normal headlights or high beams in rain? Now try again with hids. Then again, If I really gave a shit about other drivers on the road, I would drive with a shotgun and blast all of the assholes that dont know how to drive. That is a bigger problem than fucking headlights.

KoukiS14
07-29-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

how effective are normal headlights or high beams in rain? Now try again with hids. Then again, If I really gave a shit about other drivers on the road, I would drive with a shotgun and blast all of the assholes that dont know how to drive. That is a bigger problem than fucking headlights.

:werd:

Like the bozos out there that flash their highbeams at me when on the highway. WTF are you lookin way over at me for. Fuckin highbeams dont bother me none...Dumasses.

Redlyne_mr2
07-30-2003, 12:16 AM
And to all ma dogs with H.I.D, throw your motherf*cken hands up and follow me:clap:

MK3HKS
07-30-2003, 12:35 AM
:clap:

btw: are there HID's for an mk3 supra flip up lights:dunno:

CalgaryB5
07-30-2003, 02:13 AM

Oh! In desert road and without XENON and at night. You are the king of the road with no cars/people beside you.

http://www.dakarrally.co.uk/img/pumkin1.gif

Many JDM OEM cars and trucks equipped with XENON headlights. Why is that?

max_boost
07-30-2003, 02:35 AM
I love HID's!! Can't live without them on the S and it makes a big difference for sures. I can light up half a city block! haha

T5_X
07-30-2003, 02:58 AM
I do not find HIDs obtrusive IF they are angled correctly. When they are improperly angled they are worse for oncoming drivers than improperly angled halogen lights because they are brighter.

Probably the reason that they are banning kits is because so many ppl improperly install them, reducing safety for other drivers. This is just speculation on my part though.

Anyway, if this is the case its just like any other aftermarket mod which gets a bad rep from ppl improperly modifying thier cars, ruining things for the rest of us.

rice_eater
07-30-2003, 08:35 AM
while i couldn't care less about HIDs or no HIDs there are times when i get people driving behind me at night with lights so bright it's all i can see in my back mirror...doesn't happen often but fuck is it ever annoying when it does...

benyl
07-30-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by The_Nissan_Guy
:clap:

btw: are there HID's for an mk3 supra flip up lights:dunno:

Not really. You have to get 2 conversion kits.

1. converted your sealed beam head lights to one where you can change the bulb. They are all over E-bay. I think that calarina has some for sale too.

2. Probably have to get a Bi-Xenon kit (or you will lose high beams).

There are some conversions out there where people fit projectors in the flip up part, but this is all custom made.

http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com <-- really good source for information.

I am working on a projector retrofit for my accord. Putting in A6 euro OEM hit projectors in an aftermarket housing.

They key is adjustment. I have a 9006 Philips ultinon 6000K hid kit in my stock housings right now. I lowered them a little bit and have never been flashed by oncoming traffic. Also, nobody has flipped their center mirror either (they do that when I am on my bike as I drive with the high beem on so people notice me).

Double0Civic
07-30-2003, 12:20 PM
has anyone heard anything about the gen 2 hid systems they are supposedly better then the first gen ones. thinking about buying a set.

Double0Civic

girlRACER
07-30-2003, 01:53 PM
I hear the odd complain that HID's are blinding, but the majority of people I know love them. And if they don't have it on their cars they want to get them. I know I always tend to look at a car at night if it has HID's.

Originally posted by Double0Civic
has anyone heard anything about the gen 2 hid systems they are supposedly better then the first gen ones. thinking about buying a set.

Double0Civic

They have them on the new Mercedes (2003+). They're called Bi-Xenons. The difference is that the high-beams and low-beams are both HID's versus the olds ones which only have HID low beams.

Ben
07-30-2003, 02:12 PM
HiD's are great!

ninspeed
07-30-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Not really. You have to get 2 conversion kits.

Wrong, and this is the reason that people complain about HIDS... inproper install. hids4less.com sells PROPER kits to convert sealed beam headligts to HIDS. the problem with your idea is that the lens that you buy of ebay for 9-20$ is it's not properly made for hids. You need to have certain reflectors in the housing otherwise we have people like bigmass who think its all HIDS that are crappy

Mike09
07-30-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Thank you, Now quit your fuckin wining!
Screw you!

szw
07-31-2003, 08:51 PM
Many factory HID's (BMW, AUDI,MB)look fine to me during normal driving, however often on a hill or weird angles (actually very often) the lights are really bright in my rear view or opposite lane. Its quite distracting since the colour is more pronounced (purple/blue) at the outer edges I believe and the lights seem to 'flicker' a lot. Many times I thought somebody was flicking their hi-beams at me but it turned out to be someone with HID's. Usually going down glenmore EB actually.

Anyways, its very annoying, but I still will get HID's and will still support them!

TegLover
07-31-2003, 10:29 PM
^ yeah i notice that too...

Phats
07-31-2003, 10:59 PM
I find a huge difference between driving my moms car with hid's and driving my car without, they make the road so much easier to see, especially in rain, also, I have never had a problem with hid's in oncoming traffic, maybe because I don't stare directly at them but hey, thats just me

Fluidic
08-04-2003, 01:14 AM
Bump! :D

ZMan2k2
08-05-2003, 03:46 PM
I signed, but I don't know if it'll do any good. On the petition portion it says "eligeble signatures are from the U.S. only." Oh well, one more crazy canuck who can't read the rules.:nut:

calarina
08-05-2003, 04:00 PM
"Eligible signatories: Residents of the United States of America"

Our signatures would be invalid.

Fluidic
08-06-2003, 02:08 AM
:D -- thanks!