PDA

View Full Version : EVO X or IS350?!

oz388
02-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi guys, assuming u would spend $45000-$50000 for a car, would you buy a new Mitsubishi EVO X or a new Lexus IS350?? and why...

Yes only choose from these two cars... :)

civicluva
02-04-2008, 08:36 PM
IS350

Destinova403
02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
IS350... mainly because i would plan to keep it for a while and i could see myself outgrowing the "boyracer" ...ish... evo.

id imagine the evo is a quicker car around a track, but id say the IS is a much nicer car to pull up to a fancy restaurant, conference, meeting, or date.

Foreign2
02-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Evo X would be alot of fun to drive, but overall i think you will get more pleasure out of the IS350.

I didnt know they were close in price...or are you looking at a used IS350?

oz388
02-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Foreign2
Evo X would be alot of fun to drive, but overall i think you will get more pleasure out of the IS350.

I didnt know they were close in price...or are you looking at a used IS350?

I think their price are very close each other (all around $44000)

Yes I do agree with all of ur opinions above, IS350 wins for the long term consideration :clap:

KRyn
02-04-2008, 09:51 PM
IS350 with out a doubt. You are getting a lot more car for your money in my opinion.

Redlyne_mr2
02-04-2008, 09:55 PM
It's funny but you know what, I'd go evo X. I enjoy modding cars and racing them and the evo just responds so much better to mods. Stock for stock the evo is a better handler as well.

blinkme_210
02-06-2008, 12:20 AM
IS350 easily. It has enough power that it's not a slouch when you want to step on it a little, and the luxury factor trumps the racer boy image of the Evo X. As you grow older, you start to care less about how fast your car is, because you realize that no one on the road gives a shit but you.

JAYMEZ
02-06-2008, 12:23 AM
I'd go IS350 , I think they are :bigpimp:

dimi
02-06-2008, 12:25 AM
IS350, although for 45-50 you will not get many of the options you want.

Also if you do decide for options go for the Mark Levison 14 speaker sound...AMAZING

Aleks
02-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Haven't driven either myself but I suspect I'd end up with an EVO. If I am spending that much I'd want something best in its class. ;)

heavyD
02-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
Haven't driven either myself but I suspect I'd end up with an EVO. If I am spending that much I'd want something best in its class. ;)

LOL!

IMO when you spend that kind of money you want a car that will get you noticed. That car won't be the IS350. Cars like the IS350 and BMW 3 series are yawners especially in a city like Calgary. Brother had a Lexus. Awesome car, zero personality. Throw in that the EVO is the better performer and it's european character (apparently very audi-like) and it's a no-brainer for all but the people that want a more relaxed car.

ex1z7
IS350 - I would assume it wouldn't break as easy as the Mitsu.

irs
for sure the is350. Best price overall!

A790
02-06-2008, 08:33 AM
EVO X. AWD + Winter = sex, sex, sex.

DonJuan
02-06-2008, 10:43 AM
IS350 + good winter tires = sex where it counts... in the back seat.

spyce
02-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by DonJuan
IS350 + good winter tires = sex where it counts... in the back seat.

The back seat is tiny. :D

blownz
02-06-2008, 10:55 AM
One is a cheap economy car on steroids and the other is a nice entry level luxury car. Very different cars imo.

My choice today would 100% be with the IS350 but I have a wife and child to take into consideration. If I was 18 again and single I might go with the Evo because back then I didn't care about the quality of materials inside my car or the lack of refinement and I could probably deal with driving an ugly looking car (imo) in exchange for the speed and handling.

teggypimp95
02-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Yeah there was an is350 advertized in my building the other day. Had a sign on it, ( am assuming fully loaded) came in at 62k.

treg50
02-06-2008, 11:11 AM
IS350.

If you had said IS250 I might have to think about it.

Redlyne_mr2
02-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
Yeah there was an is350 advertized in my building the other day. Had a sign on it, ( am assuming fully loaded) came in at 62k.
lol theyre cheaper than that brand new

teggypimp95
02-06-2008, 11:52 AM
This was brand new from the dealer. It was the dealer advertising it.

rc2002
02-06-2008, 12:13 PM
In Calgary I'd buy the EVO for the AWD and fun to drive factor.

heavyD
02-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
In Calgary I'd buy the EVO for the AWD and fun to drive factor.

These cars are really too different to compare as one is a Japanese luxury vehicle and one is a world class performance car. The EVO will out-handle any car in it's price range and up to exotics but it will never provide the level of luxury or comfort that a dedicated luxury vehicle will.

You really have to ask yourself what you want more on a daily basis. World class performance or luxury performance?

rc2002
02-06-2008, 12:34 PM
^ They are different cars, but the two cars are targeted towards the same market segment though. They're both priced similarly and are among the most sporty offered by Lexus and Mitsu. Not to mention a dream for boy racers (just like 3 series BMW's).

Redlyne_mr2
02-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
This was brand new from the dealer. It was the dealer advertising it.
hmm must have been an old add

xrayvsn
02-06-2008, 02:18 PM
EVO.

I personally could care less if the car is considered less prestigious than the Lexus, or what other drivers think of my car. I buy a car for its handling and performance, plus I like having the option of modifying it. EVOs have a huge aftermarket for a reason.

For me, handling/performance >>>> prestige, and luxurious interior.

heavyD
02-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by xrayvsn

For me, handling/performance >>>> prestige, and luxurious interior.

Call me old fashioned but prestige and Japanese car should not be in the same sentence Lexus or not.

xrayvsn
02-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Call me old fashioned but prestige and Japanese car should not be in the same sentence Lexus or not.

Lexus Infiniti and Acura have tried to position themselves as a luxury brand, and to some people owning one gives them some sort of prestige. Otherwise, why split from the parent company and try to offer upscale cars?

heavyD
02-06-2008, 03:58 PM

Lexus Infiniti and Acura have tried to position themselves as a luxury brand, and to some people owning one gives them some sort of prestige. Otherwise, why split from the parent company and try to offer upscale cars?

I understand that but I'm no more impressed by a guy rolling in a IS350 than a guy rolling in a Camry. I buy cars for the thrill they provide me not the image they convey to anyone.

5hift
02-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by blownz
One is a cheap economy car on steroids and the other is a nice entry level luxury car. Very different cars imo.

:werd:

Say what you want Mitsu is not on the same level as Toyota

I understand that but I'm no more impressed by a guy rolling in a IS350 than a guy rolling in a Camry. I buy cars for the thrill they provide me not the image they convey to anyone.

I could say the same thing about your Srt-4. You probably loved it and thought it was awesome but most people who saw you driving around like you were in a race car laughed and said its still a Neon. Some people like being thrown back in their uncomfortable seat in a loud cabin with sparse options by a turbo'd neon engine, while some like a smooth ride, linear power curve, reliability, and class.

heavyD
02-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
I could say the same thing about your Srt-4. You probably loved it and thought it was awesome but most people who saw you driving around like you were in a race car laughed and said its still a Neon.

Again I don't care what other people think.

Some people like being thrown back in their uncomfortable seat in a loud cabin with sparse options by a turbo'd neon engine, while some like a smooth ride, linear power curve, reliability, and class.

What do you like? You drive a car with a loud, sparce cabin, a non-linear power curve that was so unpopular that Honda pulled the plug on it.

5hift
02-06-2008, 04:28 PM

Again I don't care what other people think.

What do you like? You drive a car with a loud, sparce cabin, a non-linear power curve that was so unpopular that Honda pulled the plug on it.

Its evident by the fact that a middle aged guy still plays boy racer with a neon that you dont care what others think...and thats not a good thing.

I'd take this prelude over your neon or your "new" 15 year old car any day. Not everyone determines the car they want by how fast it can go in a straight line. I drive a prelude so what? I'm half your age, live alone, completely independent and am in university. You work full time, probably have been for years and the best you can get is that?

Besides your neon was a late model and the interior is still shit compared to a 5G lude thats much older so I dont know what your talking about.

Eleanor
02-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Besides your neon was a late model and the interior is still shit compared to a 5G lude thats much older so I dont know what your talking about.

I don't think he bought the damn neon for interior comfort or quality. I think he bought it to tear your honda to shreds in the 1/4 mile.

5hift
02-06-2008, 04:33 PM
I didnt buy my lude to race, I bought it for reliable, cheap transit.

Want to race let me bring out the RR ... wait your wife probably wouldnt let you ever get a bike, go back into the basement and work on uping your gamerscore on live because it seems to be the only thing going for you.

heavyD
02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Its evident by the fact that a middle aged guy still plays boy racer with a neon that you dont care what others think...and thats not a good thing.

I'm only as old as I feel, not what you tell me and I'm thankful that I have a choice of what I can drive. Should I stop listening to Korn and start listening to country now too?

I'd take this prelude over your neon or your "new" 20 year old car any day. Not everyone determines the car they want by how fast it can go in a straight line. I drive a prelude so what? I'm half your age, live alone, completely independent and am in university. You work full time, probably have been for years and the best you can get is that?

Nope it's not the best I can/could get. It's all I needed at the time. I could own either of the cars being discussed and probably will but the car I own doesn't define me or my status as a person in society.

Eleanor
02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
I didnt buy my lude to race, I bought it for reliable, cheap transit.

Want to race let me bring out the RR

He didn't buy his neon for comfort, so don't bash his neon's interior.

:drama:

dino_martini
02-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Evo X. Lexus just isnt my style, way to boring.

5hift
02-06-2008, 04:40 PM

I'm only as old as I feel, not what you tell me and I'm thankful that I have a choice of what I can drive. Should I stop listening to Korn and start listening to country now too?

Nope it's not the best I can/could get. It's all I needed at the time. I could own either of the cars being discussed and probably will but the car I own doesn't define me or my status as a person in society.

yeah let your gamerscore do that for you.

Destinova403
02-06-2008, 04:42 PM
:drama: who cares what you drive?

everyone has their own style and drives what they want...
im sure there are some people that would take a civic over an evo.

5hift
02-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

I don't think he bought the damn neon for interior comfort or quality. I think he bought it to tear your honda to shreds in the 1/4 mile.

Originally posted by Eleanor

He didn't buy his neon for comfort, so don't bash his neon's interior.

:drama:

Who the fuck are you his wife?

Just like he didnt get his neon for comfort or reliability, I didnt get my prelude so I could play boy racer.

Eleanor
02-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Who the fuck are you his wife?

Just like he didnt get his neon for comfort or reliability, I didnt get my prelude so I could play boy racer.

So then don't bash his damn neon, it isn't that hard! FUCK :banghead:

xrayvsn
02-06-2008, 04:49 PM

Then we agree, and I drive a Subaru so I shouldn't like the EVO. :D

heavyD
02-06-2008, 05:00 PM

Then we agree, and I drive a Subaru so I shouldn't like the EVO. :D

Why? I like the new STI. They need each other to puch the envelope.

heavyD
02-06-2008, 05:06 PM
yeah let your gamerscore do that for you.

You know what. I think you have an inferiority complex. You live in a shitty town, drive a shitty car, like shitty sports and your girlfriend probably has bigger arms than me from bailing hey on the farm. But don't worry about what I think.;)

5hift
02-06-2008, 06:04 PM

You know what. I think you have an inferiority complex. You live in a shitty town, drive a shitty car, like shitty sports and your girlfriend probably has bigger arms than me from bailing hey on the farm. But don't worry about what I think.;)

For me to have an inferiority complex, wouldnt there have to be something superior first for me to feel inferior about?

The more I look at you the better I feel about myself. I mean if I was a middle aged guy driving a neon, spending my life on Xbox live and trying to prove how smart I was to kids half my age on beyond, i'd probably go into a sprial of depression.

My main residence is in Calgary, I go to school in Lethbridge. I dont see how thats even a insult, having lived in Calgary for many years and then going to Leth, I havent missed anything besides traffic and paying less for everything.

Maybe if you went to some small shitty town for school like me, you wouldnt be as brokeass as you are now, and clearly jealous of anyone who has anything better than you, evident by the consistent "I dont have to prove anything to anyone" statement you seem to bring in every thread trying justifying what you have (or dont have).

My "shitty" car is worth about the same if not more than yours so I dont know what it says for you, some old guy working full time. Yeah I guess the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL are shitty sports ... not everyone can be into bum darts as much as you.

And about the girlfriend thing, every girl I've met here is from Calgary, Edmonton or Van, so I'm not sure what your talking about. Maybe bring your wife by one of these beyond meets so I can see these big armed farm girls you seem to be into.

And dont worry, just like everyone else in your life, I dont care what you think. ;)

Now unlike you, who is probably getting ready for another big night of xbox live and jacking off til you fall asleep over the voice of your live opponent, I'm going out and cant respond to any more of your "witty" replies. So let the thread go back to the IS30 vs Evo debate, as we've derailed it far enough.

CivicDXR
02-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Just so its back on topic, I'd get the IS because of the comfort...

but since I'm already here:

http://www.improvresourcecenter.com/mb/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

heavyD
02-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Maybe if you went to some small shitty town for school like me, you wouldnt be as brokeass as you are now, and clearly jealous of anyone who has anything better than you, evident by the consistent "I dont have to prove anything to anyone" statement you seem to bring in every thread trying justifying what you have (or dont have).

You have no idea.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It's very telling of the type of person you are that you think I'm broke and/or jealous just because I don't drive a $40K car.

I do agree on getting back to topic though.:whocares:

A790
02-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
Fuck your arguments suck. You have the worst insults ever.

Ugghhh... go play XBOX, because I never play XBOX or any other console hence I'm better than you... UGhhhhhh.

LOL @ you. Way to make an argument out of nothing and then fail in your attempts to sound cool. :thumbsup:

WiltonKillz
02-06-2008, 08:41 PM
is350 hands down !

gpomp
02-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403
im sure there are some people that would take a civic over an evo. that would be me... haha

ricefarmer
02-06-2008, 11:06 PM

You have no idea.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It's very telling of the type of person you are that you think I'm broke and/or jealous just because I don't drive a $40K car.

I would have stopped arguing with this guy as soon as he justified his position in life by comparing himself to you and the things you own. Because of his materialism I assume he cries himself to sleep every night reminding himself that he is a young successful University student who has a better car than heavyD:cry:

ricefarmer
02-06-2008, 11:08 PM
... to answer the original topic, I think it completely depends on your preferences and where you are in life, I don't think the two cars are very comparable. Different classes.

right now for me it would be Evo X

5hift
02-07-2008, 12:11 PM

I don’t think your broke or jealous because of the car you drive, I think your jealous because every time there is a discussion about a luxury car like Lexus, you bring out the same "Japanese cars aren’t luxury/prestigious" comment. If you’re not jealous, why is it that you’re constantly downgrading cars that are in the luxury class, and consistently winning awards for consumer satisfaction and reliability?

Go back and look how this argument started. You trashed the Is350 and compared it to a Camry … something only someone who has never owned one would do. I compared that to everyone who trashes the Srt-4, which is nothing more than Turbo Neon.

So the only thing you can do go insult my prelude which is kind of funny because every complaint you have on the prelude, is a similar problem with the much newer, also coincidently discontinued Neon Srt-4.

Then you go out with this “shitty” rant, which looks like it came from either a 10 year old or Jim Lehey. Can you work the word shit any more into your sentences?

There’s a big difference between feeling young and refusing to accept your old (put some giant racing stripes on your MR2 it looks so cool on the neon). I’m glad what you have (don’t have) doesn’t define you or your status … but when you say it in every other post, who are you trying to convince, the reader or yourself?

5hift
02-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by A790

Fuck your arguments suck. You have the worst insults ever.

Ugghhh... go play XBOX, because I never play XBOX or any other console hence I'm better than you... UGhhhhhh.

LOL @ you. Way to make an argument out of nothing and then fail in your attempts to sound cool. :thumbsup:

That means a lot coming from a guy who moved across the country again for a girl who used you as a free moving man only to dump your pathetic ass once she got there and ran into some real men. Then create another 10-page thread crying about it to a forum where almost everyone doesn’t know you or give a fuck. Because that’s cool :thumbsup:

5hift
02-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by ricefarmer

I would have stopped arguing with this guy as soon as he justified his position in life by comparing himself to you and the things you own. Because of his materialism I assume he cries himself to sleep every night reminding himself that he is a young successful University student who has a better car than heavyD:cry:

Yeah I'm real materialisitc.... Thats why I drive a 8 year old honda :rolleyes:

When did I say I was a young successful university student btw

JRSC00LUDE
02-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Waffle.

heavyD
02-07-2008, 12:25 PM

That means a lot coming from a guy who moved across the country again for a girl who used you as a free moving man only to dump your pathetic ass once she got there and ran into some real men. Then create another 10-page thread crying about it to a forum where almost everyone doesn’t know you or give a fuck. Because that’s cool :thumbsup:

Wow was that really called for? Judging by willingness to personally attack people at will online you are either a big tough, not very nice dude or a little punk that got picked on all his life and uses the internet to vent his frustration of being a loser at life on others.:thumbsdow

Lets end this and keep on topic because this is accomplishing nothing but internet name calling now.

A790
02-07-2008, 12:26 PM

Umm... I'm confused. The girl in question already lived in Ontario... so... yea, try that one again.

But hey, that still doesn't change the fact that your insults suck, your arguments are weak, and in this case, you can't even get your facts straight! I can already tell you're a real winner!

Wow was that really called for? Judging by willingness to personally attack people at will online you are either a big tough, not very nice dude or a little punk that got picked on all his life and uses the internet to vent his frustration of being a loser at life on others.:thumbsdow

Lets end this and keep on topic because this is accomplishing nothing but internet name calling now.

Are you 5ure? I was having fun with 5hift and his lame 5tabs at my 5ocial life.

5hift
02-07-2008, 12:29 PM

So this isnt a personal attack then?

Hey I tried to get it back on topic when you and some other douchebag who wasnt even a part of keep replying to me I'm supposed to say nothing

962 kid
02-07-2008, 12:29 PM

There’s a big difference between feeling young and refusing to accept your old (put some giant racing stripes on your MR2 it looks so cool on the neon). I’m glad what you have (don’t have) doesn’t define you or your status … but when you say it in every other post, who are you trying to convince, the reader or yourself?

Giant racing stripes? I hope you're not talking about the factory ACR stickers that came with his car... you know from the factory?

3 posts in a row and you still haven't said anything. Maybe you should hook up with Tom Cruise.

5hift
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by A790

Umm... I'm confused. The girl in question already lived in Ontario... so... yea, try that one again.

But hey, that still doesn't change the fact that your insults suck, your arguments are weak, and in this case, you can't even get your facts straight! I can already tell you're a real winner!

Are you 5ure? I was having fun with 5hift and his lame 5tabs at my 5ocial life.

Yeah hang up on the details, I'm sorry I didnt read your bitchfest thread, just skimmed it and laughed.

Wow add a 5 to the front of everything that really hurts my feelings, maybe I'll make a thread about it and cry in there too. Did you ever think I put the 5 instead of a S because the latter was already taken?

JRSC00LUDE
02-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Holy shit, I've never seen this many guys with blood spots on their panties in one thread before. :eek:

A790
02-07-2008, 12:35 PM

Yeah hang up on the details, I'm sorry I didnt read your bitchfest thread, just skimmed it and laughed.

Wow add a 5 to the front of everything that really hurts my feelings, maybe I'll make a thread about it and cry in there too. Did you ever think I put the 5 instead of a S because the latter was already taken?
Did you ever thing that I could care less why you have a 5 instead of an S? It still looks retarded :)

If your feelings are hurt maybe you should make a thread about it. There are a lot of people here on beyond that can offer good advice when life gets ya down. But hey, what would you know, you're a super-strong ironman that will never want to vent their frustrations somewhere. :rolleyes:

5hift
02-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Lol at resorting to insulting how my user name looks? Uhh ...A790 isnt cool man ... letters and numbers ... how gay is that :rolleyes:

and about venting problems in life ...
when I have real problems, I go talk to my REAL friends.

Now if you want to keep up this ragfest by all means, but take it to pm because I'm pretty sure no one else gives a fuck and we've screwed up this thread enough.

stefan.bounket
02-07-2008, 12:49 PM
ignoring all the bitching and complaining....

I'd go EVO. Considering its the evo is my favourite car its an easy pick. However, i'm only 19 so you guys might classify me as a "boy racer" lol. When i get older though, i do plan to buy a 2nd car that would be luxury. and an IS350 fits the profile perfectly.

But either way, i'd get the EVO first.