PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a Car Inspected??

Speed_Dreams
07-29-2003, 06:23 PM
Hey Today I was looking at an integra at a dealer and I would really like to get it inspected else where because i know they were lying when they told me stuff about the brakes. I would Usually take it to my Buddy whos an apprentice BUT hes in school right now and not working. So i was wondering where you all would take your cars to get inspected. HOpfully some Suggestions in or close to downtown???

Thanks

James
07-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Petro canada "Certigard" does good inspections, 200 point, EVERYTHING that could possibly be wrong with the car, they can find out...like $50-60.

rice_eater
07-29-2003, 10:59 PM
take it to another dealership! no really...think about it. When you take it to the dealer for service they try to find every tiny bit of something to say it's worn out so you pay them to replace/fix it. Then you can take the report back and say look how much stuff they found wrong with it give me a better deal, eventhough most of the stuff that would potentially be wrong you wont really have to replace for a while...

Weapon_R
07-30-2003, 12:55 AM
Definately another dealership. Mine was done at Silverhill, they pointed out every little thing for me, and it was done for about $70. A very good inspection overall.

MK3HKS
07-30-2003, 01:06 AM
my dad:thumbsup:

T5Bird
07-30-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by James
Petro canada "Certigard" does good inspections, 200 point, EVERYTHING that could possibly be wrong with the car, they can find out...like $50-60.

I don't know about other certigards in town but the one in Midnapore is ass. :thumbsdow Had a car inspected there and it magically had $800-$900 worth of work wrong with it. first one rear brakedrum was seized on:rolleyes: , or maybe if they had a manual or someone with more experience than a Walmart lube boy they would know better than to beat the fuck out of my drums with a hammer, and perhaps use the threaded holes meant for removing the drums! The CV boots were in need of replacement, Ok they were starting to show signs of wear, but not enough to warrant replacing. Funny they noticed the wear on the CV boots, but nothing was said about the destroyed strut boots.:nut: Ahh yes it had a leaking wheel cylinder as well, I as well as Metro Ford could not find this mysterious leak.:dunno: And then of course all of the usual upsell bullshit, coolant service, powersteering service, battery service, etc, etc. So I guess if you want a bunch of imaginary problems for bargaining weight maybe Certigard is a good choice.:poosie: