PDA

View Full Version : David Suzuki promotes Fascism.

JRSC00LUDE
02-05-2008, 09:47 AM
"He urged today’s youth to speak out against politicians complicit in climate change, even suggesting they look for a legal way to throw our current political leaders in jail for ignoring science – drawing rounds of cheering and applause.

Suzuki said that politicians, who never see beyond the next election, are committing a criminal act by ignoring science."

http://www.mcgilldaily.com/view.php?aid=6970

People that don't agree with YOUR science should go to jail???? Are you kidding me?

You don't agree with REAL science so can we send your ass to jail you eco-terrorist nutbar?

There's nothing wrong with wanting clean air and water, but when are these climate change fear mongers going to finally get put in their place?

Jlude
02-05-2008, 09:54 AM
That's pretty outrageous... He must be going crazy in his old age...

Antonito
02-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Jlude
That's pretty outrageous... He must be going crazy in his old age...

That got proven when he started yelling at those 5th graders a while back

randedge
02-05-2008, 10:19 AM
I don't think looking for a "legal way" equals an "eco terrorist."

Terrorists circumvent law to promote their agenda.

Anyway, no matter. What I was trying to say is that David Suzuki labeling anyone who is 'unaware' of the true implications of human industry to the environment, as a criminal is going too far. In my books, if he did say something that implies this, a bit of credibility is lost.

By that same token, I believe you labeling Suzuki as a "eco terrorist nutbar", as also going a bit far.

----------------------------
Edit: I thought I was quoting myself. Turns out I was editing my post. Ooops.

JRSC00LUDE
02-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by randedge

I don't think looking for a "legal way" equals an "eco terrorist."

I think David Suzuki equals an Eco-Terrorist. I think wanting to imprison people that don't think like you do equals a Fascist.

Jlude
02-05-2008, 10:43 AM
can you say Benito Mussolini?

Primer_Drift
02-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I've said it before.. he's an asshole.

JRSC00LUDE
02-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
I've said it before.. he's an asshole.

No need to insult assholes.

Eleanor
02-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

No need to insult assholes.

:rofl:

But yeah, never liked David Suzuki. :thumbsdow Even hippies I used to work with didn't like him.

blueToy
02-05-2008, 11:31 AM
"

People that don't agree with YOUR science should go to jail???? Are you kidding me?

You don't agree with REAL science so can we send your ass to jail you eco-terrorist nutbar?

There's nothing wrong with wanting clean air and water, but when are these climate change fear mongers going to finally get put in their place?

This is a good example of you quoting a writer whose implying it's said by someone . If you are looking to slam someone ( ie Suzuki ) make sure they are quoted as saying it .

This is how fear mongering begins . It's called spin mastery .

Look thru the article and actually read what is in the quotation marks . What he actually said versues what a writer wants you to believe he said . It's a huge difference .

rmk
02-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Suzuki is a liberal tool.

Toma
02-05-2008, 04:19 PM
There is no "other science" when it comes to climate change.

I thought we already beat this to death. There is no credible science that disputes global warming, nor has it been published in a Journal....

So there is no "his science, my science, their science".... real scientists are still in agreement.

David Suzuki rules :thumbsup:

boredengineer
02-05-2008, 04:31 PM

I think wanting to imprison people that don't think like you do equals a Fascist.

:dunno: I have no idea how you equate him with a Fascist...

Various scholars attribute different characteristics to fascism, but the following elements are usually seen as its integral parts: nationalism, statism, militarism, totalitarianism, anti-communism, corporatism, populism, collectivism, autocracy and opposition to political and economic liberalism.

If anything that sounds a lot more like the united states than some environmentalist... I mean at least get it right if you want to call someone a Fascist. You would think it was the new commie term or something.

JRSC00LUDE
02-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by boredengineer

:dunno: I have no idea how you equate him with a Fascist...

If anything that sounds a lot more like the united states than some environmentalist... I mean at least get it right if you want to call someone a Fascist. You would think it was the new commie term or something.

The analogy of referring to him as a fascist was meant to address his suggestion that political leaders should be jailed for ignoring science. That follows along with the church of climate change's (of whom suzuki may as well be the cardinal) position that any scientist who disagrees with their "science" is a denier and should be heaped with scorn and silenced.

So, following that ANALOGY, what style of government would be most suitable? Democracy? I don't have time to draw pictures....
:dunno:

Schwa
02-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Toma

I thought we already beat this to death. There is no credible science that disputes global warming, nor has it been published in a Journal....

So there is no "his science, my science, their science".... real scientists are still in agreement.

I'm with Toma here. Suzuki, in the end, simply cares for the environment.

Rocky
02-05-2008, 05:50 PM
While his passionate and almost "Fascist" views are perhaps a little overboard, at least you can tell he cares about the environment. He's far from a Mussolini because he's not actually pushing for jail sentences for people who don't help the planet - it's more metaphorical than anything. I respect someone who actually puts heart into what they're saying these days -- hell maybe politicians would be believed in a lot more if they came across as wholeheartedly behind what they preach.

Fact is, I'm far from "green" but people's ignorance and sloth-like attitude towards even the smallest pro-environmental activities are going to put us in a lot worse of a situation -- maybe not us, or the next generation, but two or three generations down the road and people will be asking "why didn't we do more earlier?"

01RedDX
02-05-2008, 05:56 PM

finboy
02-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Suzuki may sound like a bit of a nutjob, but so does anybody who doesn't believe that humans are causing climate change. When these people become politicians, they can actually cause great harm by hampering progress and impeding the separation of church and state. Those who don't believe in science do not belong on the political stage.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/binary/c3922e57/i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

Mr. Burns
02-06-2008, 09:10 AM
SCIENCE BE PRAISED!!

http://www.defco.org/images/south_park-homage_to_dawkins.jpg

mark4091
02-06-2008, 09:10 AM

If this is the truth how come you never reply in threads that other sides have been posted....oh wait.

finboy
02-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by mark4091

If this is the truth how come you never reply in threads that other sides have been posted....oh wait.

in all fairness, most of the stuff that gets reposted on here was already posted and debunked in the big global warming thread :dunno:

Toma
02-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by finboy

in all fairness, most of the stuff that gets reposted on here was already posted and debunked in the big global warming thread :dunno:
Well, and guys like the guy above would try to dispute the ingredients in water.... Without knowing how to debate or string a logical thought together.

Big Dangerous
02-06-2008, 12:46 PM

Says the guy who can't tell the difference between a male and female asian.

There's more suppressed science coming out these days that proves climate change is cyclical.

Awfully grandios of you people to think you could cook the planet entirely. Oh well, the truth will come out about global warming, it's just having a hard time because there is a lot of liberal filth that stand to look worse than they already to when reality rears its head.

Toma
02-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Big Dangerous

Says the guy who can't tell the difference between a male and female asian.

There's more suppressed science coming out these days that proves climate change is cyclical.

Awfully grandios of you people to think you could cook the planet entirely. Oh well, the truth will come out about global warming, it's just having a hard time because there is a lot of liberal filth that stand to look worse than they already to when reality rears its head.
You have me confused with your buddy who would not believe me they were male, so he had to ask his bouncer buddy who had ID'd them.... it was FUNNY as fuck watching "it" dance with your buddy, rubbing up against him lol.... :whipped:

Big Dangerous
02-06-2008, 04:31 PM

You have me confused with your buddy who would not believe me they were male, so he had to ask his bouncer buddy who had ID'd them.... it was FUNNY as fuck watching "it" dance with your buddy, rubbing up against him lol.... :whipped: Hahahahah I fucking KNEW it.

GREENBOY
02-08-2008, 11:18 AM
I just read that David Suzuki is speaking at mount royal college on the 27th of february 7.30pm. The posters say it's a free event.

DonJuan
02-08-2008, 12:54 PM

OMG. :D
(pinches self) I think I'm real...
(looks at BSC Environmental Geology on my wall) I think I'm a scientist...

No wait, you're right, I'm not :D

Toma
02-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan

OMG. :D
(pinches self) I think I'm real...
(looks at BSC Environmental Geology on my wall) I think I'm a scientist...

No wait, you're right, I'm not :D
A BSc? Oh nooossss! You got me now. I guess you are a real scientist...

oh, did I mention I have 2 of those on my wall?

Big deal. :dunno:

How many papers on climate change have you published.... oh yeah.... don't bother answering.... I know the answer ;)

A BSc make you about as much of a scientist as Tim Ball ;)

DonJuan
02-08-2008, 05:25 PM
yure absholutrey rite it doez

It does however make my opinion informed, and coincedentally in disagreement with your opinion. Which after 4 threads on the subject we are still at odds.

Will you atleast agree that perhaps if we are in disagreement over the issue of climate change then there might be the the chance that this may not be a unique situation? Because you seem to always return to the agrument of scientific consensus on climate change as being proof, when it isn't.

If you have the 2 science degrees as you claim then you know that the method of science is not based on what scientists believe, but what cannot be falsified. Consensus is not science and has no place in any scientific argument.

Argue whatever you want, present whatever evidence you have in an effort to convince others; but don't have the basis of your agrument be solely on believing something just because others believe it.

When you see a paper by Donjuan you let me know. I'll do the same if I see one from Toma.

Green Toast
05-07-2008, 12:25 PM
How can anyone argue against the fact that we are destroying this planet.

Masked Bandit
05-07-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure you're going to get some people arguing that brought up an old thread.....

Toms-SC
05-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Green Toast

Shut up. Thats how.

TKRIS
05-07-2008, 04:04 PM
David Suzuki aside, I typically default to a position of support for anyone who advocates political dissent.

There's something to be said for standing up for what you believe, and forcing accountability from your elected officials. If more people were willing to take the kind of action he's advocating, we'd be a fuck of a lot better off as a society.

I'm not supporting or denouncing his position on global warming, but I strongly support the methods of political change he seems to be proposing.
Additionally, I fully support the idea that we throw worthless politicians (and I'm pretty sure that covers most of them) in prison when they fuck the rest of us over to appease lobby and special interest groups.

Eleanor
05-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Green Toast

By calling you a n00b for bumping a dead thread, '08. kthxbye

G-Suede
05-09-2008, 08:26 AM

You have me confused with your buddy who would not believe me they were male, so he had to ask his bouncer buddy who had ID'd them.... it was FUNNY as fuck watching "it" dance with your buddy, rubbing up against him lol.... :whipped:

Now that's hypocritical coming from the guy that actually received a blowjob from the cambodian connection. I would have thought the adams apple would have been a dead give away....then again maybe it was. :thumbsup: