PDA

View Full Version : Medicinal Cocaine.....

spikerS
02-05-2008, 01:58 PM
So with this crazy weather, I keep getting these crazy nose bleeds, and nothing i have tried has even lessened them. last night since about 8pm, i had 4 of them. got them all to stop within 20 mins. The 5th one woke me up at 6:30am, and I just couldn't get it to stop. After an hour, my wife is freaking out, and i start to feel a little light headed. Wife puts her foot down, and takes me to the hospital.

We go in there, and by this time, the front of me is covered in blood, and i am not all that coherant. they take me in right away, and put me on an IV, and i start to feel better. Next thing i hear, they are going to give me cocaine to constrict the blood vesseles in my nose. WTF! :eek:

Let me put this in context, i smoke, but that is it. i can count the number of times i have smoked weed on 1 hand, and i am 28 years old. that is the extent of my drug use, I used to be a pilot and had pretty strict drug policies, and didn't want to do anything that might ruin it.

Now, i am thinking of getting back into the field, and ask the doctors if this will make me fail a drug test. they all look at each other and say probably. none of them will say how long it will stay in my system for.

anyone happen to know how long it can stay in your system, and will this stuff show up in your drug test? This stuff was not your powder stuff, it came in a liquid form. they basically just soaked a pair of cotton balls in it, and stuck it in my nose for 20 mins.

7thgenvic
02-05-2008, 02:05 PM
never heard of medical cocaine....what the FUCK..i dont' get how that would make your nose stop bleeding. cocaine would make your nose bleed

3g4u
02-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Maby it was their slang term for whatever it is they gave you:dunno:

LadyLuck
02-05-2008, 02:14 PM
never heard of that..
are you serious...?

if this is some kind of owning its in the wrong forum lol

SNAATCH
02-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
never heard of medical cocaine....what the FUCK..i dont' get how that would make your nose stop bleeding. cocaine would make your nose bleed

I can't imagine they would have him snort it, lol. I think cocaine leaves your body within 24 hours. Correct me if i'm wrong?

94SSEi
02-05-2008, 02:15 PM
I have heard of it used as a localised anesthetic, but never anything like this.

snowboard
02-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by SNAATCH

I can't imagine they would have him snort it, lol. I think cocaine leaves your body within 24 hours. Correct me if i'm wrong?

Your wrongggg.

honestly hit up wiki and read up, you will understand why they would suggest it.

LadyLuck
02-05-2008, 02:19 PM

Cocaine will naturally leave your system within 2-4 days

sexualbanana
02-05-2008, 02:21 PM
What the hell kind of hospital did you go to? Address?

spikerS
02-05-2008, 02:25 PM
this was at foothills emerg. I didn't snort it. the doc even showed me the vial. right there on the lable, 4% cocaine.

he basically had a shot glass, put 2 cotton balls in it, stuck the syringe into the vial, took out all the contents, squirted it into the shot glass with the cotton balls, let em soak, then stuck them up my nose, put a clamp on it, and told me to leave it there for 15-20 mins, or till he came back.

this is not an owning. this actually happened this morning.

spikerS
02-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Nasal Cauterization

If a person has been having frequent nose bleeds, it is most likely caused by an exposed blood vessel in their nose. Even if the nose is not bleeding at the time, it is cauterized to prevent future bleeding. The different methods of cauterization include burning the affected area with acid, hot metal, lasers, or silver nitrate. Such a procedure is naturally quite painful. Sometimes liquid nitrogen is used as a less painful alternative, though it is less effective. In the few countries that permit the use of cocaine for medicinal purposes, it is occasionally used topically to make this procedure less uncomfortable, cocaine being the only local anesthetic which also produces vasoconstriction, making it ideal for controlling nosebleeds.

taken from wiki:
linky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cauterization)

Klew
02-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah, it was given to me when I had surgery. I thought it was really weird when I heard that too!

Cavey
02-05-2008, 02:31 PM
my cousin broke his femer, sent the bone right through his skin. Anyway the doc's gave him a shot of cocaine for pain. Not unheard of.

RotaryPower
02-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Same thign happened to my dad a couple years ago.
Had some crazy nosebleeds, they'd go for an hour, maybe more.
So he finally went to the hospital, and they soaked some foam in cocaine and shoved it up his nose :thumbsup:

snowboard
02-05-2008, 02:37 PM
so wait.
did you get high.
lol

spikerS
02-05-2008, 02:39 PM
no, i didn't get high. doctor specifically said this when he saw the look on my face when he told me they would use cocaine.

basically being in the liquid form, it will not dry out my nose, but still constrict the blood vessels in my nose, but i won't get high, as this is medical grade or some shit like that.

phrozen
02-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Short-term cocaine effects include:
Increased blood pressure
Constricted blood vessels
Dilated pupils
Mental alertness
Increased energy
Increased heart rate
Decreased appetite
Increased temperature

have any of those???

THE DRUG ITSELF can stay in your bloodstream up to 72 hours. It can stay in your urine for about 1 or up to 3 days after single use. Habitual or chronic use can be detected in urine for up to 12 weeks depending on quantity, duration, and frequency of use.

Cocain can stay in your hair up to about 90 days. But there are also information that cocaine can stay in your hair for about 25 years after you only take it once.

spikerS
02-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by phrozen

THE DRUG ITSELF can stay in your bloodstream up to 72 hours. It can stay in your urine for about 1 or up to 3 days after single use. Habitual or chronic use can be detected in urine for up to 12 weeks depending on quantity, duration, and frequency of use.

Cocain can stay in your hair up to about 90 days. But there are also information that cocaine can stay in your hair for about 25 years after you only take it once.

Thanks, that's what i wanted to know.

I hope with a letter from the hospital that this won't interfere with any drug testing for a new job.

Konj
02-05-2008, 02:42 PM
spikers is a junkie

Schwa
02-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Konj
spikers is a junkie :rofl:

Ajay
02-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Not uncommon at all. A friend of mine has broken his nose a couple times as he's a Muay Thai fighter. They give you the medicinal cocaine to stop the blood flow. This happened to my dad as well when he kept getting nasty bloody noses at random.

snowboard
02-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by spikers
no, i didn't get high. doctor specifically said this when he saw the look on my face when he told me they would use cocaine.

basically being in the liquid form, it will not dry out my nose, but still constrict the blood vessels in my nose, but i won't get high, as this is medical grade or some shit like that.

well its not about drying out in your nose, i guess it would just be a low enough dosage (like you said "medical grade") that even with absorbtion it wouldnt be enough to make a difference..

that is sketchy for a drug test haha. it probably wont show up though...

badatusrnames
02-05-2008, 03:01 PM
A large source of medicinal cocaine is extracted from coca leaves that are destined for coca-cola production. Medicinal grade is real top-notch stuff.

qYS732zyYfU

jay42w8
02-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Uhh...can't you just give ur employer a doctor's note that you had this put in you?! :dunno: CALM DOWN!!!...must be stil high lol

mark4091
02-05-2008, 07:45 PM

They can pick it up on a test for months.

rmk
02-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Maybe it was all just a bad dream?

aquamarine
02-05-2008, 08:04 PM
My father has used medicinal cocaine to cure his nose-bleeds. It had been prescribed to him by his doctor at the Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon. He has had 5 hear attacks and a sex-tupple by-pass so he is on blood thinners for the rest of his life. If he sneezes too hard, he will get a nose-bleed and the most common way to stop them (other than waiting it out) is to use a quick sniff of cocaine that won't drug you up.

Voila!

Jlude
02-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Maybe it was all just a bad dream?

I'm sure he wishes it was all a dream!

theken
02-05-2008, 08:13 PM
I had this when i had my nose fixed, he said he was going to pack my nose with cocaine, it will stop the bleeding, i thought it was funny. Didn't get too hyped up over it

Supa Dexta
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
ain't no thang..

Maddog55
02-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
A large source of medicinal cocaine is extracted from coca leaves that are destined for coca-cola production. Medicinal grade is real top-notch stuff.

You're being sarcastic right???

Originally posted by Cavey
my cousin broke his femer, sent the bone right through his skin. Anyway the doc's gave him a shot of cocaine for pain. Not unheard of.

They don't shoot cocaine into you for pain :rolleyes:
Cocaine is a topical anesthetic, meaning shooting it into your veins will not kill any pain.

There are two milder anesthetics novacaine and lidocaine and then probably what your friend received was Morphine, which is quite common. I've had it a couple of times. In severe cancer patients even heroin has been used as a pain killer.

badatusrnames
02-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Maddog55

You're being sarcastic right???

No. Coca-Cola uses an extract from the coca leaf as an ingredient. However, this extract is non-narcotic and contains no trace of cocaine.

The Stepan company is the only company in the US that is legally allowed to import coca leaves into the country. They prepare this extract for coca-cola, and sell the narcotic components to a pharmaceutical company to create medicinal products, such as the cocaine solution that ended up in our friend's nose.

http://www.uic.edu/classes/osci/osci590/9_3%20The%20Legal%20Importation%20of%20Coca%20Leaf.htm
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE6D7123BF932A35754C0A96E948260
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepan_Company

kerry
02-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Was it a good high? :)
Did you feel like Scarface? "All chou ever do now is powder chour nose."