PDA

View Full Version : Compustar Pro feedback?

Isaiah
02-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm tentatively booked for an install this week but have recently heard negative reviews regarding the pro models. I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has one regarding performance and range specifically but any comments are welcome.

97'Scort
02-05-2008, 03:08 PM
You know my opinion :)

picmerollin
02-05-2008, 04:26 PM
i have one on my 350z, it works great (only alarm, cant say for the starter)

however the pro has the ability to put in into a "hold" mode- this will prevent you from accidentally pushing buttons while its in your pocket or something. this hold feature has proven to be very valuable because before i started always putting it on hold the trunk would mysteriously pop on its own

at first i thought someone had a remote programmed to my car and were trying to jack it (it happened @ like 3 am in the morning)- but i went outside fully armed when it first happened and the 2nd and 3rd time and there wasnt even a cat roaming the neighborhood????? just me in a rage looking for stereo/rim thieves

2 way gives you a chance of stopping theft/vandalism but really what good is it going to be running outside in my boxers @ 3 am, i think the true value would be if you were having diner and someone bumps your car- you have a chance of catching them before they run- because 9/10 times you know the mofo is not going to leave a number.

range is awsome, besides my phantom trunk poping it works perfect (and like i said if it is on hold, there is no chance of that happening)

Isaiah
02-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort

I do, thanks. Your opinion is what inspired the thread.

Keep the opinions coming please.

Tony2
02-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort

For the record your opinion seems to be a bit dated, the Compustar PRO gets the same range as the 8000 series (Non-Pro) In fact they use the same antenna and are on the same frequency of 433 mhz in Canada! The first couple of runs of the 9000 series (Pro) remotes did suffer from a slight range disadvantage due to some issues with the frequency tuning equipment they use, this issue has since been rectified! Therefore the range between the 8000 and 9000 series should be comparable.

Then consider the fact that the Pro series has a web updatable brain for any future upgrades, a host of additional features allowing for a more flexible install and user features, 2nd car OR turbo timer compatibility, plus a 2 year warranty on the remotes with a minimal price difference. It only makes sense to go with the Pro series.

Not to mention on the installation side the new Pro series (CM5) brains are now coming with the “Blade” slot which allows a cartridge style bypass mod to be slid in and integrated with the brain allowing for a cleaner installation. The bypass cartridges will be available this summer and are being manufactured by iData (Whom is partially owned by Compustar).

Tony2

gtr34
02-06-2008, 11:29 AM
i thought that Firstech is Compustar?

Tony2
02-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by gtr34
i thought that Freetech is Compustar?

Compustar is made by Firstech...........it is the LLC, just most people on a forum wont clue in if you say Firstech, so easier to just say Compustar.

Tony2