PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 question

jeremyn
02-06-2008, 01:12 AM
So i finally decided to go with the 360 after weeks of debating between the 360 and the ps3.
do you guys think that the elite is really worth the 500$ or should i just go with the pro? or even the arcade model?

anarchy
02-06-2008, 01:35 AM
It's totally subjective man.
If you want the hard drive space to download games/media and you will use HDMI, then elite may be your choice.

I have the pro/premium and it's fine for me. I wish i had hte HDMI but it's not the end of the world, still looks great on my tv. The hard drive space really isn't an issue for me as I only use it to save games. I may download songs for Rockband when i get the game later but I don't imagine that will take up too much space.

Rocky
02-06-2008, 02:33 AM
All Xbox builds after a certain date (a little while ago now) have the HDMI port. The extra value you get for the Elite is:

-100 GB bigger harddrive.
-HDMI cable included.
-Black case and controller.

For 100 dollars more.

1. Do you REALLY prefer the black model that much more?
2. HDMI cables are often like 40-80 bucks retail, which makes the Elite a good value; however, you could get just as good an HDMI cable online for like 10 dollars.

What it really comes down to is the conveniance of HD space. Game demos can be as big as 1.5 GB, replay files in games like Halo 3 are sizeable, and movie downloads and XBox Original downloads also take a chunk of space. An Elite will basically let you download all day without worrying about space management, a 20GB harddrive will take a little bit more awareness.

I will say for you sir, get a Premium package. Stay away from that garbage Arcade bundle.

Hadoken
02-06-2008, 03:00 AM
^^^^^^^ good answer.

just be sure you get a 360 with HDMI and you probably won't have many regrets.

hedge
02-06-2008, 08:26 AM
The HDMI cable isn't worth it, but the special dongle is. If you want to hook up HDMI to your tv and optical to a receiver then you need the special dongle. To get the dongle you have to buy the MS hdmi kit ($60). The other option is ripping apart your regular cable.

irs
02-06-2008, 08:29 AM
I switched from a pro to a Elite and it was the best thing I did.
Go for the elite!

heavyD
02-06-2008, 08:31 AM
I have an Elite but I can tell you from personal experience doing a side by side comparison with my old 360 that I could see no difference whatsoever between component and HDMI on my 46" XBR LCD.