PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Photo vest

smc
02-06-2008, 03:32 PM
I want to buy a photo vest for an upcoming trip, but I can't find a small photo vest anywhere in calgary. Camera store and saneal's have large vests, and vistek has none.

Anyone know where to look or have one for sale?

Mitsu3000gt
02-07-2008, 12:08 AM
B&H has a ton of different photo vests if you know what you want. $33 for next-day duty free shipping (all you pay is GST). The disadvantage I guess is that a vest might be something you want to see in person and try on before you buy.

ex1z7
02-07-2008, 01:19 AM
bhphoto.com +2.

uhhhh really.. what's the point of a photo vest?

smc
02-07-2008, 08:02 AM
.. to look cool!

I am trying BH photovideo.

AccentAE86
02-07-2008, 09:32 AM
to look cool? I always thought they looked really gay. The only photographers I've seen wearing photo vests are like 50+ years old with beer guts.

How about a really good bag? A bag is more useful for a trip than a vest, because you'll need to bring a bag anyways.

I was actually quite impressed with the Jessica Claire Shootsac. It holds everything in nicely and is flexible so it kinda forms to your body.

Melinda
02-07-2008, 10:25 AM
LOL I have to agree with Lloyd, I really think vests look bad, and they make you a giant target to get mugged, especially when you're far from home. I have two bags that I bought specifically for travelling. Both are crumpler bags. One's a 7 million dollar home (shoulder bag) and the other is the customary barge (backpack). We love the backpack cause it fits everything in it and has extra room for lunch, souvenirs, little jacket/sweater, ect. Both dont look like camera bags either, which was huge for me. I love them!

But to answer your question, I havent seen many in calgary for a while now. B&H might be your best bet. Ebay might have some for cheaper, but I'm sure you wont have troubles finding one :) Good luck! :thumbsup:

BerserkerCatSplat
02-07-2008, 10:26 AM
I'd only wear a photo vest if... OK, I can't come up with a situation when I'd wear one. Get a shoulder/sling bag instead.

smc
02-07-2008, 01:27 PM
I have a couple of good bags, but for traveling the ones that work well are backbacks. The backbacks are good for carying gear but a pain to get stuf in and out of, especially when you want to make a quick lens change.

As far as being a target, I don't think it will make me any more of a target, since I will be caring around a huge camera in my hand.

I don't think they look cool, but that isn't usually my main consern, especally when traveling.

I'm not sure if I'll use it much, but I have ordered one.