PDA

View Full Version : Catering question

three33
02-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Ok, so my fiance and I have decided to prepare our own food for our wedding in September, but we still have the problem of having anyone to help serve and do kitchen cleanup, as well as renting the dishes, flatware, etc. I have tried Great Events but they are pricey. Where can I rent all of my dishes, linens etc, as well as 3 or 4 people to work the food end of things? Or will I have to rent things and hire people seperate? Anyone have experience with this?

98type_r
02-06-2008, 05:38 PM
try Radar's rentals for the plates, linens and such.

you will very likely have to rent all your stuff and hire service staff seperately. Doing it together would basically mean you're dealing with a catering company that would take care of the rentals and charge you a fee as the middleman.

winterkiss
02-12-2008, 05:44 AM
I hope you have a wedding planner.....or at least a friend or someone who's agreed to coordinate everything the week of and especially the day of. Service staff often need direction, not to mention all the things that can go wrong. Plus it's your wedding day, you shouldn't have to deal with all that stuff. And come that day, you definately won't want to.

I hope that when you say you're gonna prepare your own food, you mean you're a chef of some sort and have a kitchen staff that's gonna do all the cooking of the food you bought for the menu that you created but you're not doing any of the cooking yourself that day...........that is, unless, you're having a guestlist of like 20 people. Even then.....think of the trouble of a simple dinner party for 6.......I can't believe you're doing this. lol Anyways, goodluck! And congratulations.

Seriously, get a wedding planner.

three33
02-12-2008, 05:10 PM
If I could afford a wedding planner, I would, by saying I'm preparing the food, meaning each set of parents=4 sets are doing the cooking. We are doing the exact same as my fiances cousin did in the summer pretty much and she had 50 more guests than we will be having which we are having 100. A wedding planner is useless, especially when we have everyone in the family that is capable of things such as a baker, a photographer, a dj. All it takes is communication.

winterkiss
02-15-2008, 03:08 PM
wow, you're so lucky to have all those people in your family. lol It should go pretty smoothly then. Goodluck! :thumbsup: