PDA

View Full Version : ITB or sidedraft?

jennyanniemary
07-30-2003, 12:47 AM
i had a pair of mikuni 40phh once(off a 9r 1600 corona 68, same as the 2000 GT (coolest car ever)), they were pretty cool and i read this weber side draft theory book, it was so complicated i only understood half of it, does anyone know alot about turing carbs, cuz after reading that book, i ended selling the carbs back out on ebay after i rebuilt it, i coudnlt find any jets, emulsion tube, venturis... i talk to some old school ppl but they laughed at me they said those are toys they played with back in the 80s, so now i was think there are ITB now would that be the way to go?
anyone with any expericence and knowledge in this area, cuz i think aobut it now, controlling injector spray and duty cycle .. via a proggramable ecm would be easier then changing and drilling jets... and trying till u get the right combination.. but then sidedrafts are so cool looking though

Cueman
07-30-2003, 08:08 AM
I run 40mm webers on the Civic. Even finding parts for Webers is tricky. Dunno where you would even think about looking for Mikuni stuff.

If I had the money, I would have ITB's, but the expense is just too great. The carbs are the next best performance alternative IMHO.

rice_eater
07-30-2003, 08:19 AM
individual throttle boddies are very expensive...i know a few guys who started working on some but just gave up...i'm not really sure why however because they had actually built the piece but i found one website that sells them and they were pricey alright...here's a pic if you want to try to figure out how they did it...looks simple enough to me but what do i know :D

4wheeldrift
07-30-2003, 12:11 PM
There's a place in Vancouver that can get parts for a lot of the carbs out there still. I'll try and dig up the address/phone number for you.

jennyanniemary
07-30-2003, 05:52 PM
anyone know the silverstone guys in edmonton, i hear they are all about the old school? ya please do dig up the contacts for me, thanks, wow that pic is a work of art, it must have been very hard to get that one piece rod to line up with all the tb, a while back i saw a complete setup on ebay for a 4cyl toyota, but the guy didnt know for what engine, so i never did buy it, i shuold have though i regret now it wasnt home made either (race application), seriously to bolt on a set of weber would be good, but to actually get them running at their best, i think i need to find a old guy to do it, i am so impress when they can balance by listening and find all the flat spot and stuff...

Cueman
07-30-2003, 06:49 PM
well... they're a little intimidating at first, but really not so complicated.

The Silverstone cars I know are not carbed.