PDA

View Full Version : Cars at Toyota National Headquarters

sCream
02-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Im in the middle of trying to buy a used car from a private owner, who actually works at the Toyota National HQ. He said he bought the car with 20,000km's on it from his work (HQ) and it has been serviced there as well.

My question is, what kind of cars would headquarters be selling to there employees? Are these bad cars?? Should this be raising flags??

TomcoPDR
02-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Probably just executive (or manager) vehicles who works there, if you like taking chances, at least it'll be a better bet than buying Ex-rentals. I'm pretty sure people working for auto manufacturers who gets company vehicles are some-what mature (versus rental vehicles for instance)

sCream
02-06-2008, 08:56 PM
The wierd thing is, he says theres like a fleet of cars there.. so i have no idea :confused:

ryanallan
02-06-2008, 09:01 PM
When I worked for a GM dealer in town, I would be at the GM office all the time picking up and dropping of demos.
The guys at the head office just choose a car off the lot, drove it fro 10,000km, then returned it to the dealer.
Nothing special, the same car that a customer could buy...

CelicaST-162
02-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Toyota Canada is always in for service all of the time and they're usually pretty meticulous from what I've seen. If you are still curious, you can get him to produce you documented service history. Usually, if they get new cars for a manager or an executive to drive, they usually have to turn the cars in at an X amount of mileage and repeat the process again.

Redlyne_mr2
02-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Depends who used the car and what it was used for. When I was with Daimler my job entailed getting to where I had to be as quickly as possible. Needless to say the cars werent treated very well and since I was always on the road never had time for regular oil changes.