PDA

View Full Version : 91 Honda Accord Giving Me Troubles

Spoons
02-07-2008, 01:37 AM
Sorry, this is going to kind of sound a lot like that Midas commercial where they guy explains the problems with sounds, but here it goes.

So I was driving the other day and my car seems to loose power when in third or fourth, seems to be when it goes under 2000 rpm or something like that but it has done above as well. It will be jerky, almost like vapor lock. I will take my foot of the gas, reapply, and then it will be fine. If I listen to the motor it sometimes makes a sound like when a car back fires but not nearly as loud. After awhile my check engine light will turn on. I will get to my destination, turn it off, but if I turn it on right away, the check engine light is gone.

I just recently changed the spark plugs because with the cold and me trying to start it, it flooded a lot and when I checked the spark plugs they were pretty wet, so I changed them any how. I spaced them correcting. The oil needs changing pretty bad to.

I don't expect much help as this isn't much of an explanation, but I figured maybe someone has some idea?

Thanks