PDA

View Full Version : About to spend $750 to have car shipped

Redlyne_mr2
07-30-2003, 11:03 AM
Im shipping my car via Haysen's transport. It will be on an enclosed box car. Is there anything I should know about shipping rail or even with Haysens for that matter before I go through with it. Thanks

Toms-Celica
07-30-2003, 11:10 AM
From - To? How many stops?

Redlyne_mr2
07-30-2003, 11:22 AM
From TO to Calgary, Im not sure if they make stops or not. Seems like a decent price, it includes gst, insurance and a 2% fuel tax. It's all in an enclosed box car

Toms-Celica
07-30-2003, 11:45 AM
Well, anything else in the box? That would have to be it for questions...

Davetronz
07-30-2003, 11:45 AM
Make sure that if anything happens to it during shipping your insurance covers it, and so does Haysens.

Dr. Evil
07-30-2003, 12:00 PM
Make sure they accidently deliver the McLaren to you & your car to someone else. Drive it for a week & claim you didn't realize it wasn't your car:D

4wheeldrift
07-30-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
From TO to Calgary, Im not sure if they make stops or not. Seems like a decent price, it includes gst, insurance and a 2% fuel tax. It's all in an enclosed box car Thats an extremely good price. It was costing the rally guys well over $2k to ship their cars down and east and back for events by rail. As long as you make sure the insurance and shipping company pays for any damage to the vehicle incurred during transit thats all you really need to know I believe. Its not often vehicles get damaged, but stuff happens.

ninspeed
07-30-2003, 04:57 PM
make sure you take lots of pictures with date stamp if you can. Carriers are decent if you have proof that they caused the dammage.

You never know how stupid people are though. I saw a carrier yesterday slam on his breaks and a brand new dodge truck with a hemi in in flew foward in to his cab because he used the bumper to strap down the dodge.

Melinda
07-30-2003, 05:14 PM
I used Haysens to ship my car from TO to CGY about a year and a half- two years ago...It was on time, my car had no absolutely no damage on it, and they are a really easy company to deal with...My price was the same as yours to ship it as well. I give them :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
07-30-2003, 10:20 PM
Same man, I had my old car shipped by them,... they do a complete check of the car for anything that could be caused by them and right a small report of all the areas that are damaged before they take possession... they are super thourough... My car was on time and in perfect shape... and like melinda said,, super easy to deal with... :thumbsup:

sxtasy
07-30-2003, 10:47 PM
the only thing that you might want to watch for is rail dust (thats is if there is no damage). Tiny particles from the tracks that embed into the paint. The only way that it can be removed is with fallout remover or clay away. I come across this alot, working at a dealership and making sure that this problem is dealt with before the customer recieves the car. Most new cars are shipped west via train and many cars have rail dust. Although I am not sure if it will be a problem in a box car or not. Maybe cover your car to be sure.

cocoabrova
07-30-2003, 10:54 PM
I had a car shipped from Van. to Calgary a few years back via rail...It cost about $250ish and everything went well/car was on time. That was by Hansen's Forwarding...

Redlyne_mr2
07-30-2003, 11:35 PM
Thanks for all the info guys, its been very helpful, I hope they dont care that I cram 3 suitcases, soem electronics, and a minifridge into the car

HOK
07-31-2003, 01:58 AM
they will make you take it out i think.. they made me take out all my stuff... :(

szw
07-31-2003, 02:56 AM
same price from Calgary to TO? Do you know if the price is more for a larger vehicle (station wagon)?

Luke 96 T/A
07-31-2003, 03:12 AM
yeah.. it's about $800 for me to ship mine to montreal with the few places I've checked....
the main thing I've heard is get a lot of wax on it....
even though it's an enclosed box car, with the shaking, etc, there will be contaminents that may fall on it...

szw
07-31-2003, 03:30 AM
Or a car cover?

ZorroAMG
07-31-2003, 04:02 AM
Ryan, they will not make you take your stuff out but they will not be responsible for items inside the vehicle...I loaded my Jeep up and sent it to my sis in MTL and had no probs....same price pretty much....they'll take care of it man...good luck

Melinda
07-31-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Thanks for all the info guys, its been very helpful, I hope they dont care that I cram 3 suitcases, soem electronics, and a minifridge into the car
We loaded my car with stuff and they didn't care...just as was already said, they hold no responsibility for it...try and get as much in the trunk as you can where it cant be seen

Mikaldor
07-31-2003, 12:00 PM
Moved a car to Calgary from Houston with Hansens just a couple of weeks ago. They didn't care about the stuff in the trunk (Lots of car parts and kids stuff etc) and the car arrived with no problems. Put a thick coat of wax on and then put the car through a wash right afterwards, if you are worried about the finish.

ninspeed
07-31-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Mikaldor
Moved a car to Calgary from Houston with Hansens just a couple of weeks ago. They didn't care about the stuff in the trunk (Lots of car parts and kids stuff etc) and the car arrived with no problems. Put a thick coat of wax on and then put the car through a wash right afterwards, if you are worried about the finish.
Ya your going to get a lot of rail dust on the car. if it does not come out when ya get it there, take it to a dealership and ask if they have fallout remover in the detail shop and have them do a quick wash with fallout remover then wash it agin your self (fallout remover is an acid that will eat away at the paint if it stays on too long like over night or so)