PDA

View Full Version : Paparazzi... a bit too much?

403Gemini
02-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Now im going to start this by saying, im not a fan of Britney Spears... at all. I think shes an unfit mother and find it almost ironic that Kevin Federline is the better parent!

That being said, i'll get on with my rant. I watched the news tonight and surprise surprise... Britney made it. Some garbage about re-hab, getting out, etc but then I saw paparazzi SWARMING her car like flys to a smelly shit... then one laid across the hood her her Mercedes to take pictures...

Im sorry, but if somebody did that to my car, id get out and probably beat the shit out of them... and thats a Cobalt vs her mercedes.

I dont think i could handle it as a star... i think i would probably beat the shit out of every paparazzi and just pay the bail every single time... eventualyl people would stop taking photos. Afterall you dont see too many people following russell crowe around because they know they'll get knocked the fuck out!

Anyways thats just my 2 cents... apparently something is in the works to create a "buffer" zone between celebrities and the paparazzi... imo should be something like 20-25 feet. If they piss and moan, well guess what, you can buy a better lens for your camera you piss ants.

rmk
02-07-2008, 07:44 PM
It is not just the swarming of the car, it is how the paparazzi run red lights, speed down streets to get the shots. Someone is going to get killed down there.

In her case though, she loves it all.

403Gemini
02-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by rmk
It is not just the swarming of the car, it is how the paparazzi run red lights, speed down streets to get the shots. Someone is going to get killed down there.

In her case though, she loves it all.

http://makeupbeat.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/princess-diana-hairstyle.jpg

Supa Dexta
02-07-2008, 07:51 PM
they are fucking scum, and any one that reads and watches that shit are fucked too.. losers....

02-07-2008, 08:10 PM
I think all paparazzi should die.
I could really care less where are the celebs eat breakfast, or who they are hanging out with. Like fuck you think they would have chosen a more productive path in life, instead they sit around and creep on famous people...

403Gemini
02-07-2008, 08:12 PM
What makes me sick is the magazines that print this shit... is it really necessary for us to see where stars are dropping off their children for school?! if anything thats almost going against their privacy if anybody wanted to abduct one of them

MrSector9
02-07-2008, 08:20 PM
yeah she is a special case, i seen a show about her and the paparazzi, she will cal them and let them know where she is going and when she will be there.

she definatly loves the attentions isnce thye are her onnly "friends" and people that care if she is around.

KuruptEX
02-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by MrSector9

she definatly loves the attentions isnce thye are her onnly "friends" and people that care if she is around.

english ?

Hakkola
02-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't blame the paparazzi, they're just trying to get paid, I don't blame the magazine either, again, money. The problem is with the fucktards buying this shit.

I will never blame anyone for doing a job there is a market for.

Donmega
02-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Everyone knows that shes the epitome of an attention whore (literally :barf:) but they are ruthless and your right they don't you breath.

Antonito
02-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Afterall you dont see too many people following russell crowe around because they know they'll get knocked the fuck out!

To pull that off, you actually have to have enough talent to actually thrive without constant press making people aware of your life and pushing you down the publics throat as a star.

Britney (and most of hollywood these days) does not have this talent

And like MrSector9 said, lots of these people get paparazzi attention on purpose, so fuck them. There are lots of stars who neither have to put up with the super-stalking or start throwing punches. They just use privacy laws and refuse to go on a drunken rant about their virginity, and they get left alone.

Originally posted by Hakkola
I wouldn't blame the paparazzi, they're just trying to get paid, I don't blame the magazine either, again, money. The problem is with the fucktards buying this shit.

Exactly. Fucking exactly.

I get into fights with my Mom all the time whenever she buys one. My wife already knows, I don't care how much she "loved Heath Ledger", she is not getting the memorial issue, never less the ones that speculate on how he died based on interviews with a guy who served him lunch one time, that shit is not coming into my house

Edit: actually there are some cases where paparazzi should fuck off and die, and that's for people who have no choice, like the Royal Family or politicians kids or something. Their lives have nothing to do with the entertainment industry, they make zero money off the publicity that they get from these tabloids, it's all a negative effect and zero positives. If people become famous and benefit, ok, there's some lead way, but people who in no way asked for this to happen (and becoming a movie star has an implied acceptance of being in the media eye), that's bullshit

finboy
02-07-2008, 08:57 PM

i blame them all, and while we are at it, i'll throw shitty celeb blogs out there while we're at it, and how about the tv stations/shows too, and most new age stars who use this to build careers instead of talent (hilton, lohan, spears, timberlake, etc.)

celebrity worship is a joke :thumbsdow

403Gemini
02-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by finboy

i blame them all, and while we are at it, i'll throw shitty celeb blogs out there while we're at it, and how about the tv stations/shows too, and most new age stars who use this to build careers instead of talent (hilton, lohan, spears, timberlake, etc.)

celebrity worship is a joke :thumbsdow

its bad when News channels like CNN air this shit. Its like "Wait a second... Lohan caught drunk/high again? This is a world changing event?"

sexualbanana
02-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
i think i would probably beat the shit out of every paparazzi and just pay the bail every single time... eventualyl people would stop taking photos. Afterall you dont see too many people following russell crowe around because they know they'll get knocked the fuck out!

They still follow him around. In fact, they seem to egg him on even more because not only do they get good pictures, they get a hot story, and a lawsuit to go with it.

Xtrema
02-08-2008, 11:37 AM
I think they about to impose a 10-20ft safety law in LA.

Super_Geo
02-08-2008, 11:52 AM
It all comes with the territory.

Want to get paid $20M per movie? Fuckin' sure, but now you're public property. If people want to see pictures of you while you sunbathe on a beach, then that's part of the $20M.

Don't like it? Then give it up and go back to waitressing for minimum wage. Yeah, didn't think so.

Oh no :cry: The papparazi :cry: On my benz :cry: What am I going to do? :cry:

:rolleyes: Shut the fuck up and play the role. Or don't, and go back to being a nobody.

Ben
02-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Watch the movie "Paparazzi", very similar to this topic, even down to the "getting knocked the fuck out" and lawsuits. The revenge is sweet too. Kinda Corny, but gets you riled up.

The amount of money some of these "photographers" can make with that perfect photo far outweighs normal perception of human decency/traffic laws.

Brad Pitt / Jennifer Aniston wedding ceremony photos were upwards of 7 figures. No one got one.

Either way, they slum down to the lowest level in the scale of douchebaggery to get what they can at all cost, because money is all they care about, and thats the territory you step into when you become a hot topic in tinsel town.

403Gemini
02-09-2008, 10:17 AM
^^ lol i saw that movie at 7-11 when i was getting a slurpee at 2 am and bought it for $9. not a bad way to spend $9, it was pretty entertaining

googe
02-09-2008, 12:55 PM

contract killing? i think everyone is responsible for their own actions, for profit or not...

BerserkerCatSplat
02-09-2008, 01:12 PM

Precisely. If someone was willing to pay me five to six figures for a day's work I'd be all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Like all other professions, there's "good" and "bad" paparrazi - many of the more experienced ones develop a rapport of sorts with their "usual" subjects and will make their shooting decisions accordingly. It's usually the "green" paparazzi that are doing ridiculous shit to get the shot, as they're trying to prove themselves.

5hift
02-09-2008, 01:19 PM

so you have nothing against drug dealers either?

Back to the topic at hand, Britney brought it upon herself. For every Britney, there is a Jessica Alba. She's just as big as a star, much hotter, but notice how she is never the center of some big story. The paparazzai can only take what you give them. If you ignore them, dont reply to them they move on to another attention whore. If you get out of cars wearing short skirts and no underwear regularily what do you expect.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Took me a while to find the article I was looking for:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,,2226725,00.html

A Guardian reporter's article on paparazzi, quite an intimate perspective.